Recipes

to all bataheads :@

banana cake:

one (normal sized) bata of flour

1/2 bata of sugar

1/4 bata of oil

3/4 bata of bibeki milk

2 mashed up bananas

stir it all in a bigger bata, put in the oven to cook for 1 hour.......ther you have it

you can add different stuff, insted of the banana, like nuts, raisins etc....

or make biscuits......

to keep bibek rehit ideally, one should obtain bibeki milk, i.e) you get the milk yourself without any others persons handling it. there are quite a few farms in the U.K, where you can make freinds with the farmer and get ur milk yourself, on a weekly basis :D

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe

Things You'll Need

• 1 cup flour (white spelt)

• 1/3 cup of cooking oil

• 1/4 cup maple syrup (pure)

• 1 tsp. vanilla extract

• 1/4 tsp. salt

• 1/4 tsp. baking soda

• 1/3 cup chocolate chips or chocolate bar (chopped into pieces)

• 1/3 cup chopped walnuts

Steps

1. Preheat oven 350 degrees.

2. Mix in the wet ingredients: maple, oil, and vanilla extract in a bowl.

3. Stir in the rest of the dry ingredients: flour, salt, and baking soda. Mix well.

4 .Mix in the chopped walnuts and chocolate chips into the cookie dough.

5. Place teaspoonfuls of cookie dough on cookie sheet (greased with oil) or (non-stick) cookie sheet.

6. Bake in preheat oven at 350 degrees for about 12 to 15 minutes.

7. After baking, allow the cookies to cool at least 5 minutes if they are too soft.

Chocolate Chip Muffins

Equipment:

1 Muffin tins and paper liners

Ingredients

1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour

3/4 cup sugar

1/4 cup baking cocoa

2 teaspoons instant coffee

2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder

1/2 teaspoon salt

1 cup soy milk

1/2 cup canola oil

2 tablespoons soy yogurt

1 teaspoon vanilla extract

1/2 cup chocolate chips

Directions

Preheat oven to 375 F. Line 12 muffin tins with paper liners.

In a large bowl, sift together dry ingredients (flour through salt).

In a seperate bowl, wisk together wet ingredients (soy milk through yogurt) until emulsified.

Pour wet into dry and combine until dry ingredients are moistened. Fold in chocolate chips. Fill muffin tins almost to the top. Bake 18 - 20 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.

How to Make a Chocolate Cake

Are you looking to make a delicious chocolate cake? There are so many variations, it might be difficult to choose a single recipe. Here's a simple one to get you started, along with several variations to suit the occasion.

Ingredients

• 1 1/2 c. flour

• 1 c. sugar

• 1/2 tsp. salt

• 1 tsp. baking soda

• 3 tbsp. cocoa

• 1 tbsp. vinegar

• 6 tbsp. oil

• 1 tsp. vanilla

• 1 c. water

Steps

1. Sift the dry ingredients together (flour, sugar, salt, baking soda and cocoa).

2. Stir in the liquid ingredients (vinegar, oil, vanilla, water).

3. Pour the mixture into an 8 inch greased and floured round pan.

4. Bake at 350 degrees F. for 30 minutes.

5. Let the cake cool.

6. Frost as desired.

FROSTING

• 5-6 tbsp. milk (divided)

• 1/2 c. (1 stick) softened butter

• 3 c. sifted powdered sugar (divided)

• 1 tsp. vanilla extract

• 2/3 c. baking cocoa

Step One

Beat 1 cup of the powdered sugar, 2 tbsp. of the milk and the cocoa, butter and vanilla extract in small mixer bowl until creamy. Start mixing on low speed so you don't create a huge gust of sugar and cocoa powder.

Step Two

Gradually beat in remaining sugar and milk until smooth.

*For eggs you can use two tablespoons of yogurt soy or regular OR you can use organic egg replacement that you can buy at the local grocery store.

Vaheguroo..Thanks jee

here is one of my favorite, I use the following white sauce for a couple of recipe.

White Sauce (~4 servings)

You’ll need:

1 table spoon of butter

3 garlic

½ onion

2 table spoon butter

2 table spoon flour (I use the atta for roti)

1 ½ cup milk

Salt, pepper, garlic powder, herbs (as desired)

Cheddar Cheese optional (when making pasta, cheese is really good)

Sometimes for a different variation I add tomato sauce (couple of spoon to taste) thus making the sauce rosé.

Melt 1 table spoon of butter

Add garlic and cook for 2-3 minutes

Add onions

Cook until sauté

Add the 2 spoons of butter

Let it melt

Take the pan off the stove

Add the 2 spoons of flour

Mixed well (the butter and the flour will create a paste)

Put back on the stove

Add about ½ cup of milk

Mixed well

Add the rest of the milk

Add the cheese if desired

Mixed well

Cook medium heat while stirring at all times (because milk will stick and burn)

Add the salt, pepper, and herbs

When boiling, the milk will become thick due to the butter/flour paste.

When so, the sauce is ready.

(Add tomato sauce if you want to make it rosé and cook until hot)

Pasta & Broccoli

Cook the pasta

Steam the broccoli

When everything is cook

Put the pasta in plates, add the broccoli on top and cover with white sauce

(for these pasta I really like adding the cheese to the sauce and sometimes 2-3 spoon of tomato sauce)

Enjoy!!

Vol-au-vent (~4 servings)

Cook about 1 to 1/1/2 cup of frozen veggies (mixed of peas, carrots, corn, green beans is really good)

Along with 1/3 cup of red lentils

Put them together in a pan,

cover with water

bring to a boil,

then lower the heat to medium/high

cook until water is all evaporated stirring occasionally (more toward the end otherwise there is risk of sticking)

Meanwhile prepare the white sauce (for vol-au-vent I don’t use cheese nor tomato sauce but it’s up to you)

When ready mixed the sauce with the veggies and lentils

Warm up vol-au-vent bread (if you can find them but I rarely use them)

If using regular bread (any type) then toast them (1 slice/piece or 2 per person)

Put the warm bread (or toasted bread) in plates

Then cover with the sauce/veggies/lentils mix

You’ll need a fork and a knife to eat this one!

This thread is making me hungry :D