Ideas Plz!

guptsinghni

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am sorry I have to disagree. Today you don't tell them about Shaheed Bhai Taru Singh Jee, tomorrow you weep when they cut their hair. Today you don't tell them about Shaheed Baba Deep Singh Jee, tomorrow you weep when they come home with a bruised face. Today you don't tell them about Shaheed Bhai Mati Das Jee, tomorrow you weep tears of blood when they adopt another religion. You don't want to weep, you have to teach them from now on. You don't want them to weep, you have make them lions and lionesses right from the start.

Just to add on, never forget to teach them about Bhai Kanhaiyya Jee as well smile.gif

Bhul chukk maaf

:WW: :WW:

I remember when I was pretty young (like 7-8) our punjabi teacher told us to put any questions we had in this box and he would answer them cuz at that age we were really shy n stuff n we didn't want to ask questions lol

+ I think sakhian are really good n lil kids love to hear them..i also remember hearing sakhian about Bhai Mati Das ji, Banda Singh Bahadur n so on n it didn't have any negative affects on anyone..in fact it was really inspirational :D

also try to get them involved in discussions..helps them pay attention n get involved n stuff = ]

any views on if discussing the khanda would be gud???

any opinions??

if that's what u want to do yea....and if i was u.. i would take the opportunity to tell them how getting a khanda tattooed on their body...doesn't make one sikh but how it is wrong. :D will help them in the long run. well u should in a way make ur discussion where u get answers from them rather then giving them answers all the time. set few points/goals/objectives for urself for the discussion (what u really wanna get out of the time u spend with them...what do u want them to take out from the discussion so they feel it was wroth being their) and of course throw some jokes here and there so they dont feel bored. JOKES> not just random jokes...jokes with meaning as well....

(maybe mehtab singh or other singhs here who knows how to tell a joke can help tongue.gif lol)

i liked the idea of having them come up with questions puttin them in a box like panji above said and u asking the kids to answer thm rather then u giving answers. and then add what u have to say about that from ur perspective while gving positive feed back to the kid who answered the question so they feel like they contributed(gives them a sense of control and power in their learning/knowing about their faith)

let me know what ur thoughts are and what u feel like u should talk to them about? =)

bhul chuk muaf karni

waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh!

1. You could either print out pictures or show pictures via computer projector of famous Sikhs in history. You could go with a theme of either sikh bibiaa or shaheeds. If shaheeds, you could start with Guru Arjan Dev jee, then Guru Tegh Bahadar jee, Bhai Mati Das, Bhai Sati Das, Bhai Daya jee. Discuss where they got strength from etc.

2. Play Quiz with them. Divide into mixed groups. Have questions from Sikh history, what certain words mean, dates, and include general knowledge questions to give some confidence to those children who know less about Sikhi so that they still feel involved.

3. Design a poster. Give each child pen and paper and they have to design a colourful poster explaining who and what a Sikh is for their school or general public.

4. Print out names of Guru Sahibs, dates, and information such as their children's names, which Bani they composed, which city they founded etc etc. Cut out the individual information - so its like "Sukhmani Sahib" written on cut out. "Japji Sahib" on another. "Guru Nanak Dev Ji" on another. Then team the children into groups. Perhaps younger and elder children should be in different groups and with the elder children you can give a few more difficult facts. Then you give them 30 minutes to discuss and put all the cards/cut outs into an order. E.g. "Guru Nanak Dev Ji" + "Baba Sri Chand & Baba Lakhmi Daas" + "Mata Sulakhani Ji" + "Kartarpur Sahib" + "Japji Sahib" + "Bhai Mardana Ji" would all go under Guru Nanak Dev Ji. You could blue-tac or glue for them to put the cut outs on a bigger piece of paper.

5. Discussion / Questions & Answers. Ask the children what problems they face at school. And together decide what action and good tips they could implement.

6. Dastaar Tying class - always fun!

Main thing is to talk the children's language, make it fun, be aware they have short attention span, ask them questions whilst you talk and make sure everyone is involved.

Bhul Chuk Maaf.