Sakhi Of The Raja And Anoop Kaur

V

Recently there was a big discussion on Dasam Granth and its authority.

Shortly after that I was sent this Sakhi by a veer; which I'm attaching.

If you find it difficult to read it - just copy the text into a word document, and it'll become easier to read it :@

THIS IS NOT THE PLACE TO DISCUSS DASAM GRANTH. I only want to share this sakhi; in order to get the sangats opinion on the sakhi.

Also for kids under 14 - please cover your eyes with your hands while reading the file :D

I personally find a few weaknesses, as to why I doubt it's real.

1 - Due to the lacks shown in Guru Sahib (indicates he wasn't all knowing - i.e didn't know what he was getting in to

2- Due to his reasoning for not copulating with her. Also he does mention that one of his reasons is because that would be unfair towards his wife; I personally feel that the other motivations (FEAR out of Dharamraj - and his reputations); weren't valid - since I don't believe Guru Gobind Singh (roop of Guru Nanak, who was "Aap Narayan Kala Dhar") would need to fear anyone; nor do I think he fears his reputation - if that was the case- he woulnd't have created the Khalsa. in 1699 - people though "hey this mans gone mad - lets get OUT of here"; and most people did LEAVE the ceremoney when he asked for a head - I'm sure he's not concerned about his repuation.

3- As far as I'm aware there is no other historic sources (as far as I'm aware) that mentions this sakhi - i.e suraj parkash, panth parkash etc etc. Surely his Poets would have mentioned something about it - if he openely decleared that he wanted to find "this theif"

Although the message is clear - don't get stuck into maya; I think the above mentioned reasons make the saki dubious; and I personally have doubts that the author (and the Raja in the story) is Guru Gobind Singh himself. I'd take it with a kurchi of salt.

Please do share your opinions on the Sakhi; and PLEASE lets not turn this into a pro or anti Dasam Granth thread :umm:

charitro.txt

Waheuguru Jee Kaa Khalsa Waheguru Jee Kee Fateh

I agree with you. I just don't believe that, that would be Guru Gobind Singh Jee. Maybe Guru Sahib is talking about a different raja? Maybe someone like Akhbar? I dun't know really. Just my two cents. Bhul Chuk Maaf

Waheguru Jee Kaa Khalsa Waheguru Jee Kee Fateh!

1 - Due to the lacks shown in Guru Sahib (indicates he wasn't all knowing - i.e didn't know what he was getting in to

Did'n Guru Gobind Singh know that the pathans would betray him? Did'n Guru Gobind Singh know that Aurangzeb would'n follow his oath on the Quran? your argument is invalid my friend ..

your second argument starts with:

I personally feel that the other motivations

and here i rest my case.. its not upto what you think that decides if something is correct or not as you have a limited mind..

and here i rest my case.. its not upto what you think that decides if something is correct or not as you have a limited mind..

I know but does that mean we should shut down our brains and not try to think and fathom things out?

When Guru Angad was asked to eat a dead man he did'n think of anything but to obey his master.. for this he was honored... when Panj pyare were asked to give their heads, they did so without asking any question.

why would you want to question Gurbani?

No one is questioning bani but asking whether the person in the sakhi was Guru Gobind Singh.

Did'n Guru Gobind Singh know that the pathans would betray him? Did'n Guru Gobind Singh know that Aurangzeb would'n follow his oath on the Quran? your argument is invalid my friend ..

your second argument starts with:

I personally feel that the other motivations

Now listen to me you bloody terrorist!

I already responded to that on msn :@

The scenarios you have presented are totaly different. Guru Gobind Singh DID know that Aurangzeb wouldn't keep his word. He did knwo he'd break the oath on the Qu'ran, and thus left the castle UNWILLINGLY - it wasn't before the Sikhs FORCED him to leave that he left.

Didn't he know the Pathans would betray him? He did have a back up of Pir Buddhu Shah's army; did he not?

When Guru Angad was asked to eat a dead man he did'nt think of anything but to obey his master.. for this he was honored... when Panj pyare were asked to give their heads, they did so without asking any question.

why would you want to question Gurbani?

Firstly the path of Guru Nanak encourages Sikhs to question EVERYTHING. EVERY single action a Sikh does - he should question himself - and everything he's told- he should question until he is convinced its right.

The first Sikhs did question Guru Ji - and Guru Ji obeyed by leaving the Anandpur fort. The Guru leaft the fort at Chamkaur when he was ORDERED (not REQUESTED) by Sikhs to do so.

You do have a point with Guru Angad Dev Ji - but at the same time this is a different case altogether since in this case we're simply analysing the sakhi - if this would be something our Guru would do; or write for that matter. Yes it's a personal interpretation - but you know it very well yourself that Guru Gobind Singh Ji is above all worldy things - so what does he have to fear?

Did the master of Kaal fear anything? :D

It says in this sakhi:

"Magan stated that Raja had desired to know of some 'Mantra', and that he had arranged to show him, provided he followed him to the place he would take him to. (9)"

Why would Guru Gobind Singh Ji desire to know any other Mantra when he already has the greatest Gurmantar?

This part is my opinion: It meantions countless times that the Raja says all these people worship me. Did Guru Gobind Singh Ji really see himself as a saviour or did he think of himself as a slave/messenger of Vaheguru? If Guru Sahib saw himself as the being that everyone worships, then why would he himself take amrit from the panj pyaray?

i thought it was a lovely sakhi, the himmat shown to resist the woman inspite of all temptations is inspirational.....................we are slaves to our desires whther they be sexual or otherwise..................i one thing i learned from this sakhi was Fear of God, he i ALWAYS watching...........we living in an illusion when we think night cloak will hide our wrongdoings............

Our problem............we think too much...............we try and be clever and think we can decipher pavitar bani when we dont have the kamai to back it up............

Very very interesting read

Thanks for sharing :D

• 2 weeks later...

This question was esp to those who believe in the entire Dasam Granth to be the work of Guru Gobind Singh Ji, without actually having had read it themselves.

Seems like those who are the first ones to jump into hee Dasam Granth debates refuse to comment…