Sakhi Of The Raja And Anoop Kaur

V

On 9/28/2020 at 1:23 PM, dallysingh101 said:

I totally disagree.

In effect, by doing so, are you categorically agreeing with Professor Piara Singh Padam's viewpoint?

http://www..org/articles/Anoop%20Kaur%20-%20Girlfriend%20of%20GGS.htm

Furthermore, are you also asserting that our Guru Sahibaan were Hindu Kings in their previous lives who divided up the actual GurGaddi of the future in a business deal (when they were Hindu Kings previously) as stated in Bachitar Natak (as opposed to Bibek Buddhi)?

http://www.globalsikhstudies.net/articles/Baldev%20Singh-Bachittar%20Natak%20A%20Strange%20Drama.doc

Bachitar Natak states that Guru Sahib had a caste that they were proud of. 1699 destroyed the very concept of caste via Kul Naash.

So which exactly is it? As Vaisakhi 1699 and Bachitar Natak are mutually exclusive. One cannot be both pro-caste and anti-caste.

2 hours ago, Guest Singh said:

In effect, by doing so, are you categorically agreeing with Professor Piara Singh Padam's viewpoint?

http://www..org/articles/Anoop%20Kaur%20-%20Girlfriend%20of%20GGS.htm

Furthermore, are you also asserting that our Guru Sahibaan were Hindu Kings in their previous lives who divided up the actual GurGaddi of the future in a business deal (when they were Hindu Kings previously) as stated in Bachitar Natak (as opposed to Bibek Buddhi)?

http://www.globalsikhstudies.net/articles/Baldev Singh-Bachittar Natak A Strange Drama.doc

Bachitar Natak states that Guru Sahib had a caste that they were proud of. 1699 destroyed the very concept of caste via Kul Naash.

So which exactly is it? As Vaisakhi 1699 and Bachitar Natak are mutually exclusive. One cannot be both pro-caste and anti-caste.

Nah, you just don't know how to analyse and read it. It's didactic narratives designed to make sense to the reader - not all historically based. 

A lot of it is based around literacy and explorations and adaptations of literary forms, jungh vidhya, bir raas, social issues, just governance. 

3 hours ago, Guest Singh said:

Fair play to you Dally that you disagree with Piara Singh Padam and Sant Samaj.

http://www..org/articles/Anoop Kaur - Girlfriend of GGS.htm

But are you of the opinion our Guru Sahibaan were Hindu Kings in their previous lives who divided up the actual GurGaddi of the future in a business deal (when they were Hindu Kings previously) as stated in the purportedly autobiographical section of Bachitar Natak (as opposed to GurGaddi transferring via the jyot of Bibek Buddhi)?

http://www.globalsikhstudies.net/articles/Baldev Singh-Bachittar Natak A Strange Drama.doc

Bachitar Natak claims that Guru Sahib had a caste that they were proud of.

1699 destroyed the very concept of caste promoting the equality of all.

So which exactly is it? As Vaisakhi 1699 and Bachitar Natak are mutually exclusive. One cannot be both pro-caste and anti-caste at the same time.

It would be great if you could give your thoughts specifically relating to the above as such and not really concerning the other erotic stories from Charitropakhiyan. 

Thank you Dally Singh

That paper is flimsy. The author clearly doesn't understand what they're reading friend. 

On 9/30/2020 at 11:57 AM, Guest Singh said:

But are you of the opinion our Guru Sahibaan were Hindu Kings in their previous lives who divided up the actual GurGaddi of the future in a business deal (when they were Hindu Kings previously) as stated in the purportedly autobiographical section of Bachitar Natak (as opposed to GurGaddi transferring via the jyot of Bibek Buddhi)?

This could be interpreted in multiple ways, other than the literal way you are suggesting. I don't think BN is simply autobiographical (in the modern sense) as you seem to be suggesting. It is a genre in itself. What may have happened here is a recounting of the Bedi/Sodhi traditional account of their ancestry. What Guru ji's feeling towards jaat-paat are is clear for anyone to see from their lives and actions, and people quoting passages out of the context of the lives and actions of Guru Sahiban are just people trying to manipulate to support their own personal views. Tva Parshaad Sahib gives a clear and explicit perspective on how Guru ji perceived 'royalty'. The section of Chaubees Avtaar that cover Rama (who was purportedly Dasmesh pita ji's ancestor), shows no pride or preferential treatment towards Lord Rama. 

On 9/30/2020 at 11:57 AM, Guest Singh said:

Bachitar Natak claims that Guru Sahib had a caste that they were proud of.

1699 destroyed the very concept of caste promoting the equality of all.

So which exactly is it? As Vaisakhi 1699 and Bachitar Natak are mutually exclusive. One cannot be both pro-caste and anti-caste at the same time.

It would be great if you could give your thoughts specifically relating to the above as such and not really concerning the other erotic stories from Charitropakhiyan. 

As I alluded to earlier, the writings are not simple linear accounts that are interpretable on a surface level. You have to contextualise the text with the lives and times and actions of the Guru sahiban. If you approach it in the simplistic manner you appear to be doing, it's not going to help you. 

This is a personal experience I guess, if you approach the DG with modern day preconceptions and bias, you'll miss important aspects of it, that I think only those who make serious, independent effort deserve to grasp. I reiterate, simplistic surface interpretations (especially in the light of modern Singh Sabha westernised mindsets) won't work.  

That last point above also relates to how you've simplified CP into some collection of 'erotic stories' and it tells me a lot about the level of intellectual endeavour you've made to try and understand these complex and subtle texts, that can't be defined in the simple way you have done. 

It's not my job or desire to express my own personal opinion and experience with the texts, that's a personal experience between me and my Guru. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/12/2020 at 6:23 PM, Guest Bir Rass said:

True that as there's another rabidly anti-Sikh and Christian Jatt clown with a very similar surname. But this $lag is the daughter of one of the management committee member's of a famous Bhawan that now restricts chamars to marrying chamars and where Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji was thrown out. And this is the ethnically pure super-race that the Dera Ballan has now produced = Simran Kumari Nijher!

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/woman-alleged-killer-joked-boyfriend-19061679

You seem to have inside info? 

Are you from the same area? 

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/29/2020 at 6:59 PM, dallysingh101 said:

Nah, you just don't know how to analyse and read it. It's didactic narratives designed to make sense to the reader - not all historically based. 

A lot of it is based around literacy and explorations and adaptations of literary forms, jungh vidhya, bir raas, social issues, just governance. 

Talk about patronising, do you even know the lineage of Captain Amarindar Singh  CM of Punjab? Let’s see if you know the answer, slow paced didactic Mr. History Professor!  You should conduct online courses to train us lot how to do didactic analysis, all free of charge! 

6 hours ago, Guest Golden said:

Talk about patronising, do you even know the lineage of Captain Amarindar Singh  CM of Punjab? Let’s see if you know the answer, slow paced didactic Mr. History Professor!  You should conduct online courses to train us lot how to do didactic analysis, all free of charge! 

Is someone's lineage important, if they're known as a criminal?

Guest Harnam Singh 108

Bachittar Natak (Chapter 4)

Sri Dasam Guru Granth Sahib Ji

ਰਿਖੰ ਭੇਸ ਕੀਯੰ ॥ ਤਿਸੈ ਰਾਜ ਦੀਯੰ ॥੫॥
रिखं भेस कीयं ॥ तिसै राज दीयं ॥५॥
He put on the garb of a sage (rishi) and gave his kingdom to the reciter (Amrit Rai)5.

ਰਹੇ ਹੋਰਿ ਲੋਗੰ ॥ ਤਜੇ ਸਰਬ ਸੋਗੰ ॥
रहे होरि लोगं ॥ तजे सरब सोगं ॥
The people tried to tell the king not to do so, but, he had abandoned all sorrows.

ਧਨੰ ਧਾਮ ਤਿਆਗੇ ॥ ਪ੍ਰਭੰ ਪ੍ਰੇਮ ਪਾਗੇ ॥੬॥
धनं धाम तिआगे ॥ प्रभं प्रेम पागे ॥६॥
And leaving his wealth and property, absorbed himself in divine love.6.

ਅੜਿਲ ॥
अड़िल ॥
ARIL

ਬੇਦੀ ਭਏ ਪ੍ਰਸੰਨ ਰਾਜ ਕਹ ਪਾਇ ਕੈ ॥ ਦੇਤ ਭਯੋ ਬਰਦਾਨ ਹੀਐ ਹੁਲਸਾਇ ਕੈ ॥
बेदी भए प्रसंन राज कह पाइ कै ॥ देत भयो बरदान हीऐ हुलसाइ कै ॥
Having been bestowed the kingdom, the Bedis were very much pleased. With happy heart, he predicted this boon:

ਜਬ ਨਾਨਕ ਕਲਿ ਮੈ ਹਮ ਆਨ ਕਹਾਇਹੈਂ ॥ ਹੋ ਜਗਤ ਪੂਜ ਕਰਿ ਤੋਹਿ ਪਰਮ ਪਦ ਪਾਇਹੈਂ ॥੭॥
जब नानक कलि मै हम आन कहाइहैं ॥ हो जगत पूज करि तोहि परम पद पाइहैं ॥७॥
When in the Iron age, I shall be called Nanak, you will attain the Supreme State and be worshipped by the world."7.

ਦੋਹਰਾ ॥
दोहरा ॥
DOHRA

ਲਵੀ ਰਾਜ ਦੇ ਬਨਿ ਗਏ ਬੇਦੀਅਨ ਕੀਨੋ ਰਾਜ ॥
लवी राज दे बनि गए बेदीअन कीनो राज ॥
The descendants of Lava, after handing over the kingdom, went to the forest, and the Bedis (descendants of Kusha) began to rule.

ਭਾਂਤਿ ਭਾਂਤਿ ਤਿਨਿ ਭੋਗੀਯੰ ਭੂਅ ਕਾ ਸਕਲ ਸਮਾਜ ॥੮॥
भांति भांति तिनि भोगीयं भूअ का सकल समाज ॥८॥
They enjoyed all comforts of the earth in various ways.8.

ਚੌਪਈ ॥
चौपई ॥
CHAUPAI

ਤ੍ਰਿਤੀਅ ਬੇਦ ਸੁਨਬੋ ਤੁਮ ਕੀਆ ॥ ਚਤੁਰ ਬੇਦ ਸੁਨਿ ਭੂਅ ਕੋ ਦੀਆ ॥
त्रितीअ बेद सुनबो तुम कीआ ॥ चतुर बेद सुनि भूअ को दीआ ॥
O Sodhi king! You have listened to the recitation of three Vedas, and while listening to the fourth, you gave away your kingdom.

ਤੀਨ ਜਨਮ ਹਮਹੂੰ ਜਬ ਧਰਿਹੈਂ ॥ ਚਉਥੇ ਜਨਮ ਗੁਰੂ ਤੁਹਿ ਕਰਿਹੈਂ ॥੯॥
तीन जनम हमहूं जब धरिहैं ॥ चउथे जनम गुरू तुहि करिहैं ॥९॥
When I shall have taken three births, you will be made the Guru in he fourth birth."9.

ਉਤ ਰਾਜਾ ਕਾਨਨਿਹ ਸਿਧਾਯੋ ॥ ਇਤ ਇਨ ਰਾਜ ਕਰਤ ਸੁਖ ਪਾਯੋ ॥
उत राजा काननिह सिधायो ॥ इत इन राज करत सुख पायो ॥
That (Sodhi) king left for the forest, and this (Bedi) king absorbed himself in royal pleasures.

ਕਹਾ ਲਗੇ ਕਰਿ ਕਥਾ ਸੁਨਾਊਂ ॥ ਗ੍ਰੰਥ ਬਢਨ ਤੇ ਅਧਿਕ ਡਰਾਊਂ ॥੧੦॥
कहा लगे करि कथा सुनाऊं ॥ ग्रंथ बढन ते अधिक डराऊं ॥१०॥
To what extent, I should narrate the story? It is feared that this book will become voluminous.10.

On 10/31/2020 at 2:26 PM, Guest Golden said:

Talk about patronising, do you even know the lineage of Captain Amarindar Singh  CM of Punjab?

No I don't, and I couldn't give a toss about it anyway. Plus he could do with some serious dieting because he is increasingly looking like Jabba the Hut.

I take it that he is a hero of yours? 

As for patronising........... talk about the pot calling the kettle black.....

10 hours ago, dallysingh101 said:

No I don't, and I couldn't give a toss about it anyway. Plus he could do with some serious dieting because he is increasingly looking like Jabba the Hut.

I take it that he is a hero of yours? 

As for patronising........... talk about the pot calling the kettle black.....

Whether you give a toss or not is not important! What’s important is whether he gives a toss about who you are. As far as he is concerned he doesn’t even know if you exist, whereas, no one in the Sikh world can say the same about him. Every Sikh has heard of his name and knows who he is lol!! Why do you have such a chip on your shoulder? Why are you so bitter towards everyone? Has life treated you very badly or what? Why do you hate people and bear grudges towards them without any reason or cause? You are simply toxic and the knowledge you have acquired is not yours. It is all stollen from others. All you have just done is read what others have expressed or researched and published in their books or journals!! Why be so condescending towards others? People can sense your  lonely and empty life from the content of your posts. You must be leading a very sad life.