Sikh = Satchkhand?

JustME

This question has been asked on many Sikh forums over and over again. On one hand you have those who claim that Sach Khand is solely for Amritdhari Sikhs who keep Rehit, do Naam Simran with each breath and recite Bani. They also say that if all ways lead to God, why would Gurujee come and start another faith. Others say that all you need to get there is love for God, because "Jin prem kiyo tin hi Prabh paayo".

This is what I have come across from certain GurSikhs: Each person doing good deeds in his/her life gets what he/she wants or aims for. A good Hindu will end up in the lok (planet/abode) of his/her deity, a good Muslim/Christian in heaven, etc. because that is the maximum they aim for. Once they've reaped the rewards for their good deeds, they come back into the cycle of birth and death and this goes on until they attain Sach Khand from where you never return. Unlike Islam/Christianty, Sikhi does not condemn non-Sikhs to eternal damnation (hell), rather there is a chance for everyone to achieve liberation, and so the repeated chances by way of continuous birth and deaths. Gurmat Naam which was given to the world by Sahib Sri Guru Nanak Dev Jee is what takes one to Sach Khand.

Now my personal opinion, and the you here is for anyone reading this: Leave it to Gurujee. Don't claim Sach Khand as your property if you are a Sikh (especially Amritdhari). Don't judge other non-Sikhs or non-Amritdharis as inferior, and never scare them away or confuse them by freaking them out "Oh you are not Amritdhari? ohmy.gifYou are going to hell!! :@ ". Just live your life to the best of your Sikhi capability, do Ardas repeatedly for more kirpa, help, inspire and share with others if you get a chance. Hopefully, you will make your surroundings as Sach Khand, and may not even have to ask or wait for it. Gurujee will bless you with it while you are still alive! We mere mortals have no capability to decide even for ourselves as to where we are going after we are dead, so how can we decide for others? How can we judge others? Who are we to do that? I don't think anyone of us is Dharamraj's assistant to know what goes on hereafter. Now don't come up with "Bhai Sahib Bhai Randhir Singh Ji said so and so in Undithi Duniya". I have read half of that book, and trust me, most of us here don't come anywhere close to the kind of Gurmukh that Bhai Sahib is referring to as the one who qualifies to reach Sach Khand. So first try and get to that stage. Once you do, Sach Khand will be the last thing on your shopping list, because then you will say...

rwju n cwhau mukiq n cwhau min pRIiq crn kmlwry ]

raaj n chaaho mukath n chaaho man preeth charan kamalaarae ||

I do not seek power, and I do not seek liberation. My mind is in love with Your Lotus Feet.

Guru Arjan Dev Ji in Raag Dayv Gandhaaree on Pannaa 534

Also...

swD sMgq sc KMf hY Bwau Bgq ABÎwsI]

saadhh sa(n)gath sach kha(n)dd hai bhaao bhagath abhaasee||

The company of the sadhus is the abode of truth where opportunity for loving devotion is created.

Bhai Gurdaas Ji in Vaars Bhai Gurdaas on Pannaa 9

swD sMgiq sc KMf hY Awie JroKY KolY bwrI]

saadhh sa(n)gath sach kha(n)dd hai aae jharokhai kholai baaree||

The Holy congregation is the abode of truth where the gates of mind are opened.

Bhai Gurdaas Ji in Vaars Bhai Gurdaas on Pannaa 11

swD sMgq sc KMf hY inrMkwr guru Sbd is\wxY]

saadhh sa(n)gath sach kha(n)dd hai nira(n)kaar gur shabadh sin(j)aanai||

Holy congregation is the abode of truth where through the word of the Guru, the formless Lord is recognised.

Bhai Gurdaas Ji in Vaars Bhai Gurdaas on Pannaa 16

*Easy to type, almost impossible to implement* :D

ps: Heera Singh, you beat me to that post tongue.gif

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And anyone who is true Khalsa will go to Sahkhand.

And Khalsa doesnt only mean amritdhari Sikhs but people of any religion that are pure from heart (KHALIS - Pure). Wheter Sikh, Muslim, Christian or Buddhist.

(y)

Thanks for reminding us.

and we are not true khalsa, till we fully defeat 5 evils, maya and realise our true essence. We are not true khalsa till we become true gurmukhs. We are not true gurmukhs till we are fully facing our inner guru instead of the evils. We are not true khalsa till we are jivan-mukt.

That's why Guru Gobind Singh Ji gave status of any person who is true khalsa same as him. because once the person reaches such high levels spirituality there is truly no difference between him and God. that person then becomes living GOD on earth. A true khalsa such as our Guru's, panj pyaares etc heart becomes nirbhao (becomes fearless), nirvair (free of hatred), ajoone saibhang (becomes free of reincarnations), jap aad sach jugad sach hai bhee sach nanak hosee bee sach, (that personal then shall live forever and becomes eternal). That heart absorbs all the qualities of 1 God.

We also have to remember that just taking the initiation does not make us a khalsa. IT is the start to the journey of becoming khalsa. When you take initiation, you promise to surrender yourself to the guru and GOD, practice gurbani, practicing defeating panj chors, remembering God at all times etc then you become a true gursikh because you are practing gurus instruction and then eventually under the grace of the Guru, you shall become a true gurmukh.

We cant go to sachkhand till we become true khalsa. GOD lives in sachkhand, GOD's saints live in sachkhand, so how can we go there unless we become GOD-like?

The Perfect Student........great post

The way I always saw things was that if one is true to their religion (True Christian, True Muslim, True Buddhist, True Sikh, ect...) then that person will truly be blessed and rewarded by being allowed into Sachkand. If you ever meet a true person of any religion, their devotion can clearly be seen and their will is like iron.

pihlw mrxu kbUil jIvx kI Cif Aws ] (1102-10, mwrU, mÚ 5)

pahilaa maran kabool jeevan kee chhad aas.

First, accept death, and give up any hope of life.

hohu sBnw kI ryxukw qau Awau hmwrY pwis ]1] (1102-11, mwrU, mÚ 5)

hohu sabhnaa kee raynukaa ta-o aa-o hamaarai paas. ||1||

Become the dust of the feet of all, and then, you may come to me. ||1||

guru arjan dev ji...

to topic starter:

i would say that sikhs have more of a chance, i respect other religions, but dnt think too deep about what 'other' religions have to say, because lets not forget that Guru Nanak dev jee, came onto earth to spread vahegurus message:

Ik Onkar -------- THERES ONLY one vaheguru :@

Sat Nam -------true is HIS NAME,

Karta Purakh --- only vaheguru does all.... not anyone else :)

Nir Bhau --------vaheguru is w/o fear

Nir Vair ---- without fear

Akal Murat ---------- vaheguru is omnipresent from the begining

Ajuni ------- vaheguru doesnt die and wasnt born, and doesnt go thru re incarnations

Saibhang ------vaheguru is self existent :)

Gur Prashad---------- ‘He is known by the Guru's grace’.

jap-------- so jap his name

as u can see, guru nanak dev ji showed us how to live life, hw to be dead whilst alive, and how to meet vaheguru :)

so, all this is obtained by guru granth sahib jee, and gurjees bani, :) i dnt no other way, cuz gurjees bani is sachi.... the truth :)

lets not 4get that guru nanak dev jee came to show ppl the truth, gurujee even stopped the whole caste/religion system.... so if ppl still didnt listen to the truth, i dnt see how they will get to knw gurujees bani,

please 4give my comments, i knw im wrong, still wanted to share.

jy ko gur qy vymuKu hovY ibnu siqgur mukiq n pwvY ]

jae ko gur thae vaemukh hovai bin sathigur mukath n paavai ||

pwvY mukiq n hor QY koeI puChu ibbykIAw jwey ]

He shall not find liberation anywhere else either; go and ask the wise ones about this.

anaek joonee bharam aavai vin sathigur mukath n paaeae ||

iPir mukiq pwey lwig crxI siqgurU sbdu suxwey ]

But liberation is attained, when one is attached to the feet of the True Guru, chanting the Word of the Shabad.

khY nwnku vIcwir dyKhu ivxu siqgur mukiq n pwey ]22]

Says Nanak, contemplate this and see, that without the True Guru, there is no liberation. ||22||

what people should ask is what is SachKhand?

vjkk vjkf

I have to go back to what The Warrior said. Everyone seems to be talking like Sachkhand is a place like Heaven, that we will go there after we die?

I know very little, but I thought this was Sachkhand, where we all reside now. I mean we have to achieve mukhti/salvation while we are still alive, like bhaji above stated that Guru Nanak Dev Ji taught us how to die while still alive and get to Naam and Satguruji and attain mukhti. If we do not get salvation we are not going to go to a heaven like place just because we have led a good life etc.

The only way that salvation is going to happen is if we do Simran, so that would mean that any religion who mediates on Gods name, be it Vaheguru, Ram, Allah etc can attain salvation.

Aplogies for saying anything wrong or out of place. Bhul Chuk Maaf