Shiftwork And Nitnem.

AG50

I was hoping that some of you could shed some light on the following situation that I find myself in.........I began my journey towards our Guru sometime ago. I regularly do nitnem and have been thinking seriously about taking Amrit.The problem is that I work shiftwork which includes 2 sets of nightshift. I work 7 days of 5pm to 3am and then after a few days off another 7 days of 11pm to 7am. I am a police officer and don't get the luxury of a lunch hour where I could do my morning nitnem and there is little downtime during the night. I would really appreciate some educated responses that will point me in the right direction.

WJKK WJKF.

wjkk wjkf

veer ji... anytime is good ime to remember guru ji. all you need is love and pyaar towards guru ji.

sikhism is a practical religion and we must accept it in a practical way. guru ji has asked us to naam japp, kirrat kar, wand ke chak.

kabir ji said: haath paau(n) kar kaam sabh cheet niranjan naal.

[As you go about your affairs using your hands and feet, let your consciousness remain with the Immaculate Lord] -Slok Kabir p. 1376

veer ji, as a police officer, you'r doing your kirtt kamai and remember guru ji with every breath. you can read bani anytime, anywhere you are BUT remember the only thing needed is LOVE and PYAAR....

hope this help.

wjkk wjkf

I was hoping that some of you could shed some light on the following situation that I find myself in.........I began my journey towards our Guru sometime ago. I regularly do nitnem and have been thinking seriously about taking Amrit.The problem is that I work shiftwork which includes 2 sets of nightshift. I work 7 days of 5pm to 3am and then after a few days off another 7 days of 11pm to 7am. I am a police officer and don't get the luxury of a lunch hour where I could do my morning nitnem and there is little downtime during the night. I would really appreciate some educated responses that will point me in the right direction.

WJKK WJKF.

Dear Friend,

All my friends have stated that they felt the best.There is no standard rule/rehat. In exceptional circumstances if one is not able to follow the rehat one can seek HIS forgiveness and carry out the Nitnem.

Anytime, as stated above by Jarnail singh Khalsa ji, is good for remembring HIM.

Wjkk sri Wjkf

wjkk wjkf

veer ji... anytime is good ime to remember guru ji. all you need is love and pyaar towards guru ji.

sikhism is a practical religion and we must accept it in a practical way. guru ji has asked us to naam japp, kirrat kar, wand ke chak.

kabir ji said: haath paau(n) kar kaam sabh cheet niranjan naal.

[As you go about your affairs using your hands and feet, let your consciousness remain with the Immaculate Lord] -Slok Kabir p. 1376

veer ji, as a police officer, you'r doing your kirtt kamai and remember guru ji with every breath. you can read bani anytime, anywhere you are BUT remember the only thing needed is LOVE and PYAAR....

hope this help.

wjkk wjkf

I would agree with Jarnail Singh Khalsa, very nicely explained.