Eyebrows

Guest 12/7/11

Here is what I read/heard once. Ancient Romans (or was it Greeks? not sure again) held the belief that tampering with eyebrows reduces one's intellectual capabilities, and the person can't think straight. They were the ones who started this "doing eyebrow" tradition for women, so that women don't think and blindly follow the men.

Baki tuhadi marji. Bharvattay patt ke magar magar turna, ja sherni bann ke gajjna...phaisla aappe karo...

Interesting.

Any source?

I also heard it from a katha-vachak...but he didn;t provide any source to verify this info.

penji...i fink u shud let em do wat dey want..waheguru's watchin it all !!

i've sseen few gurls (wiv dastars ) lyc dat..n it didnt bother me much..buh since i'm keepin ma self..in da rehit ..i cnt ave sum1 else disgracin sikhi lyc dat !! if it's annonyin ya...qusetion dem !!

dey wza dis gurl..wore a keski..n didi make-up..n did her eye-brows..n den l8r on started wearin small skirts..<Edited> me of. big tyme !! disgraced sikhi !! ;)

i mde up ma mind bwt goin up 2 her..n teach her a lesson..buh den few daiis l8r..she took her keski of !! :)

kinda shocking !! buh nowdaiis gurls r jus runnin afta boizz n dis modern society !!!

maybe sum of the people who do it can tell us why they do it? does have "nice" eyebrows make you more appealing? or make u feel better inside? duz having rubbish eyebros make you feel hugly or inferior inside? having nice eyebrows make you feel whole?

thats excuses womenses use to explain having their breasticles enlarged. cos they say we didnt feel right. we felt inferior or wotnot.

i am very happy wiv my monobrow even tho it curve right round my eyes and almost touch my ears.

You must have great eyes because I really can't tell if someone has "done" their eyebrows or not. If I got a few inches from their face and saw it up close, then maybe I could. Or, it could be the fact that I just don't like to get all up in people's business like that.

Remember, some people, whether men or women, just don't get a lot of hair on certain areas of their body. I would take this into account before you start labeling anyone, which you shouldn't even be doing in general.

The Khalsa will still be just as strong, even when this world has been destroyed and every person who was ever on it is just a faint memory.

:) ye like me...people think i shave my dhari because i dont have any facial hair on my cheeks and people also think i shape the hair on my chin to make it look "cool"

lol hahahaha

its natural damit!

^^^

interesting, i had never heard of that before, thx for sharing

My opinion: mind your own business

I have better things to do than worrying about what some people are doing or not doing

yeye

people seriously dont got better things to do

imagine if guru nanak was chatting away on SS right now (lol) wud he judge ?

theres this braclet christians wear that says W.W.J.D (what would jesus do)

we gotta start handing out W.W.N.D braclets :)

Yea exactly man. As long as I cover my head hair who cares. Guru Nanak Dev Ji would allow me just like Guru Gobind Singh allowed the singh who pulled the white hair out of his dhari.

I wear a dastaar, do my eyebrows and go clubbing - you people shud mind ure own business. And if you wanna say its wrong then I am gonna tell u its judging....... rolleyes.gif

Yea exactly man. As long as I cover my head hair who cares. Guru Nanak Dev Ji would allow me just like Guru Gobind Singh allowed the singh who pulled the white hair out of his dhari.

I wear a dastaar, do my eyebrows and go clubbing - you people shud mind ure own business. And if you wanna say its wrong then I am gonna tell u its judging....... rolleyes.gif

omg !!

u dnt need 2 wera a dasstarr if u wanna go clubbin..wats; da point ??? eh ??

i'll mind miii own businesss....buh i'm gunna ave 2 sAII.... it's rong !!! :)

Oh man do u not sense the sarcasm....I posted these kinda topics on sikhsangat before. Apparently you cannot tell people they should not remove eyebrow hair, how they should not wear makeup, perfume, bleach face, go clubbing....cos its erm judging them. I got attacked and was told that I was judging ppl and how I am awful for that. This is the biggest load of cr*p I have heard.

Incidently with my story of the 10th Guru Gobind Singh, I shall repeat for those not familiar......there was a singh..the Guru loved him alot and complimented him on his dhari....the singh then looked in the mirror one day and noticed a white hair. He pulled this one white hair out cos he felt it was ruining his nice black dhari...and then he went to see the Guru but the Guru BLANKED him.

The singh then asked the Guru if he was upset with him. The Guru told the singh that he thought he was imperfect with the white hair when infact by pulling and removing it he is no longer perfect. We should be confident to love what God has given us. Likewise we shouldn't do eyebrow hair, its not judging cos the Guru wud have then judged too.....

So to people like Manmit chera...we don't need to wear a bracelet and pretend to think what the Guru wud say. We already know what our Guru says........also i don't go clubbing....i just was using reverse psychology ie applying the logic of those who say u shud mind ure own business!

I believe we should comment on these things...and we shud not brush them aside. Our Guru's commented on everything, no matter how tiny or how small..removing eyebrow hair is wrong but its equally wrong to create a culture where u cannot comment about if its wrong. Obviously u don't need to mention names but raising public awareness is a huge thing, it indirectly encourages those sitting on the fence to stop doing their eyebrows! I'm gonna leave it at that and sorry for any misunderstandings.

scared me there bhenji

u were like totally uncool for the 1 min i waited to see what u would post

unless its a close friend, dont trip or complain or talk bowt what others do

if its a friend, have a friendly discussion, and leave it at that

no need to wet urself cuz u saw punjabanh walkin rownd town with her eyebrows done