Eyebrows

Guest 12/7/11

sikhi is a LOT more than doing ure eyebrows

we concentrate on things like this, and we fail to realise how DEEP and amazing the message of guru nanak dev je was, and how amazing and mysterious the universe and vaheguur are

people these days i dunt think even begin to grasp what japji sahib teaches, which is the main thing we shud be looking to

now we shdunt do our eyebrows, because guru je said so

hes our guru, our teacher, theyre the ones who show us the way, they said not to remove any hair

but people these days judge way tomuch, they look down on girls who do their eyebrows

this isnt at all wat guru gobind singh je taught us, this is our ego and ingorance which blinds us

we shud teach our people about guru je, their message, and our history

then they themselves will not do anything that guru je said dont do

but wat we do is tell em dont, do, dont , do

this way people will just forget the real message of sikhi, and wil start concentrating on smaller things like this, than on more important things such as meditation on naam

treat al sikhs wit repect and stay united, learn the essentials of sikhi such as bhagthi, and then people themselves will not cut their hair or drink or w.e

because once pyaar is there for guru je, only then wil people listen to the guru je truthfully

then they will realise y they shdunt do their eyebrows, it will just be out of pyaar

I've heard these kind of arguements before about how one thing is less important to talk about compared to another. I disagree with this notion..in sikhi all things are important. Sikhi is not just about doing prayers. Its not just about merely being academic, its the whole package so yes we must focus on gurbani but whats the point in having all this knowledge if we don't live our lives according to it. The Guru makes this clear when he discusses how the pandits may know their vedas inside out but whats the point in this. You can pray all you want but gurbani says 'rehat pyarri much ko'.

I have met so many 'academic' sikhs by this I mean sikhs who know so much about history, so much about ithiaas, gurbani etc but at the end of the day its your rehat which counts. I used to initially be so amazed by these people, at their giaan and at their knowledge but slowly I learnt it was the rehat which defined the amazing people not the number of sakhi's or amount of prayers you do.

I think its an assumption in ure post that people look down upon people and ure writing plays on this emotion very effectively when infact there is no judging or looking down..... The question is whether you should do eyebrows.......the answer is no.......

Why is that people rather than answering it as yes or no...write things like - why do u care, why are we talking about this topic etc?

This is not discussing the question but instead its creating a 'koina its okay' culture...You may not realise it, you may not see it but people shud be aware that its equally serious to cutting ure head hair. You keep your hair for the same reasons as other bodily hair. Therefore if ure doing ure eyebrows why do you not do ure head hair too??

I've spoken to people like I said in my last post and its because someone has told them head hair is more important but 'koina its okay' if u do ure eyebrows....this is the culture at the present. The answer is its not koina okay and I find alot of people try to stop people from speaking about this topic by saying they are judging, have ignorance or ego. These words don't make sense for the context and are just emotive ploys....

What I mean by this is lets say I said sikhs shud wear kacheray and you say nah why do u care, they shud pray, stop judging.....obviously you write it a bit more cleverer than that but what u said above is actually the same......of course we still love people who do their eyebrows, I love people who do not wear turbans, people who eat meat but some things amritdhari girls do should not be happening, this is one of them and we are all accountable if we contribute to the current its acceptable culture.

Guest peacemaker
^^ You are so right "xkaurx" ji. I wish i could get sangat of people like you. I am not on the forum anymore but can i have your email id or you can have mine from Revolutionary..plzzzzzzzzzzzzz

I cant give mine here coz its against forum rules. So please bless me with your charan dhoor ;)

Are you for real? That seems kind of desperate! :)

im giving you attitude? hold on wasnt it you that said...

ps: Women who do eyebrows look like dolls ... aint that cute .. who wants to marry a doll instead of a woman?? Most of the dolls end up in trash cans anyways : )

so im sorry for being rude but i found that offensive

Ki jamana aa gaya.. i ask for sangat.. and i get attitude.. may be i dont deserve your sangat blink.gif

lol challo mundiya... atleast u tried :)

To avoid my post being labelled as off-topic..

On one side.. Some people change their looks to try to "fit in".. ie: low confidence (doesn't only include cutting kesh, you can do it all without cutting kesh as well..!)

- Be confident! There's no end in trying to impress people

And on the other, Others tend to focus too much on Saroop and ignore the discipline/lifestyle behind that look.

- Hypocrisy will never help

Both sides that I feel Sikhi is against.

I really like this quote, it summarizes how alot of us are wise and know things but how many of us go beyond this and become virtueous people. I really love this quote....It might seem random but I really wanted to share it. :)

"Wisdom is knowing what to do next, skill is knowing how to do it, and virtue is doing it."

you can apply it there :) .

Basically I added this application....it gives me a quote each day and its reallly cool...so I log on and each day I have a different quote......that quote is from last week - it basically means alot of us have ideas, a lot of wisdom etc....but then sometimes we don't have the skills to put it into practise so we need to develop and find the skills,

But then some of us have the skills but then we are lazy and or for watever other reason we don't do it.....

I kinda apply this to everything now. Its really cool! I love quotes. I wish someone would design a gurbani one so everyday I get a line of gurbani, I wud learn so much bani from it....but tht means i need to find someone with the skill and virtue to do it...not enough to talk about it, its all about if u follow it through lol.

Guest _B4ND4_
im giving you attitude? hold on wasnt it you that said...

ps: Women who do eyebrows look like dolls ... aint that cute .. who wants to marry a doll instead of a woman?? Most of the dolls end up in trash cans anyways : )

so im sorry for being rude but i found that offensive

loolz bibi load le gi.. am tryna have some fun lady... calm down : )

ps: Revolutionary bai have you heard the song 'desi bandri balati cheekan maare mundiyo" by dilshad akhtar

Mod note: Please keep your fun in-topic. Thanks.