"shaking" During Naam Simran

Surinderjit

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^^^ vaheguru!

i shouldnt laugh, but that was SOOO FUNNY!! HAHAHA!

omg!!! :lol:

ry mn ikAw krih hY hw hw ]

rae man kiaa karehi hai haa haa ||

O mind, why do you burst out laughing?

idRsit dyKu jYsy hircMdaurI ieku rwm Bjnu lY lwhw ]1] rhwau ]

dhrisatt dhaekh jaisae haricha(n)dhouree eik raam bhajan lai laahaa ||1|| rehaao ||

See with your eyes, that these things are only mirages. So earn the profit of meditation on the One Lord. ||1||Pause||

Hmmmm..........a disturbing video, whilst Gurbani is being recited in any form we are supposed to cover our heads as a mark of respect. The Dastaar is the crown of the Sikh, he is doing beadbi of his Dastaar, Kesh and Guru Granth Sahib Ji Maharaj.

His cult however feel that this "reaction" is very spiritual?!?!?!?!?! Then again they believe there is a human man as the current Guru of the Sikhs?!?!?!?!?!

Sorry if I appear to be side tracking.

Naturally it cant be helped if you really feel the power of Bani, however please keep in mind that there is certain conventions that we follow in the presence of Antarjami Dhan Dhan Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji Maharaj.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh!

I don't think my reply will be warmly welcomed (lol) but just to flip the coin…how do we know this guy is not a “Mastana”?

How do we know that what he’s doing is not the effect of Gurbaani…Gurbaani effects everyone differently…we might sit here thinking “dang, he ain’t got no respect” but imagine that none of it is in his control…listen to the shabad…”Mein Bauri mera Raam Bhutaar…I am mad the Lord is my Husband…just for the sake of the above few posts I think we should all read this shabad…it can be found here…http://www.sikhitothemax.com/page.asp?ShabadID=4149 (note how Maharaaj jee talks about slander and about engaging in debates and arguments)

My point is, what may seem “wrong” to us, in essence for someone else CAN BE a spiritual experience…regardless of the fact that someone might be a naamdhari or what not, or into this “headbanging/shaking thing” people are discussing…Gurbaani is for everyone, him in the video included and if in listening to it he get’s laaha, anand, bairaag, (and so on) then good for him!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

• Topics

• yeh it's true, we shouldn't be lazy and need to learn jhatka shikaar. It doesn't help some of grew up in surrounding areas like Slough and Southall where everyone thought it was super bad for amrit dharis to eat meat, and they were following Sant babas and jathas, and instead the Singhs should have been normalising jhatka just like the recent world war soldiers did. We are trying to rectifiy this and khalsa should learn jhatka.  But I am just writing about bhog for those that are still learning rehit. As I explained, there are all these negative influences in the panth that talk against rehit, but this shouldn't deter us from taking khanda pahul, no matter what level of rehit we are!
    • How is it going to help? The link is of a Sikh hunter. Fine, but what good does that do the lazy Sikh who ate khulla maas in a restaurant? By the way, for the OP, yes, it's against rehit to eat khulla maas.
    • Yeah, Sikhs should do bhog of food they eat. But the point of bhog is to only do bhog of food which is fit to be presented to Maharaj. It's not maryada to do bhog of khulla maas and pretend it's OK to eat. It's not. Come on, bro, you should know better than to bring this Sakhi into it. Is this Sikh in the restaurant accompanied by Guru Gobind Singh ji? Is he fighting a dharam yudh? Or is he merely filling his belly with the nearest restaurant?  Please don't make a mockery of our puratan Singhs' sacrifices by comparing them to lazy Sikhs who eat khulla maas.
    • Seriously?? The Dhadi is trying to be cute. For those who didn't get it, he said: "Some say Maharaj killed bakras (goats). Some say he cut the heads of the Panj Piyaras. The truth is that they weren't goats. It was she-goats (ਬਕਰੀਆਂ). He jhatka'd she-goats. Not he-goats." Wow. This is possibly the stupidest thing I've ever heard in relation to Sikhi.
    • Instead of a 9 inch or larger kirpan, take a smaller kirpan and put it (without gatra) inside your smaller turban and tie the turban tightly. This keeps a kirpan on your person without interfering with the massage or alarming the masseuse. I'm not talking about a trinket but rather an actual small kirpan that fits in a sheath (you'll have to search to find one). As for ahem, "problems", you could get a male masseuse. I don't know where you are, but in most places there are professional masseuses who actually know what they are doing and can really relieve your muscle pains.

Important Information

Terms of Use