Singh And Kaur Title

alias

LOL @ This thread.

Singh is originally a hindu warrior caste name. There are more hindus with last name of Singh than Sikhs. So are you telling me that Hindus can't have singh in their name either?

what this thread is, is discussing the name given to the khalsa by guru ji.whether hindus have it or not is not the discusion. they may just be wannabies, their ancestors mayhave been part of the khalsa in the time of guru ji and have been so caled re intergrated into the hindu socity.. or reintergrated through the father marrying into a hindu family. we dont know! could be anything under the sun! which is y we are not on about other relegions!! only mritdhari and non amritdhariz/ so called sikhs...

singh, regardless, is the name and identity given to the khalsa. so non amritdhari sikhs shouldnt have it.. this is the discussion.

id like for you to say where or hu your source is for the information that singh is a hindu cast name.. there is alot of wrong things in history...(not that i am saying you are wrong!)

You are limited in your knowledge dude. Singh was a Rajput warrior name WAY before the Khalsa. If you look even today many Princes of rajput descent still have the name Singh. They are nothing to do with Panjab or the Khalsa.

It is very likely that Guru Gobind Singh gave out the name Singh as a device to psychologically uplift all of the Khalsa initiates to the status of warriors. This was one of a number of steps he took for this emancipation. With your arguments this would mean that it is actually baptised Sikhs that are wannabes not the other way round.

The other thing that makes your points lame is that there is evidence in the form of hukum namas by Guru Hargobind that point to the use of the word Khalsa to refer to the sangat. This was way before the amrit ceremony with the sword or even Guru Gobind Singh was born. So the Gurus may well have called non amritdhari Sikhs "Khalsa".

What you dimwits don't understand that now is the time for unity not bullcrap pointless divisions.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So who will decide who has to drop the last name Singh or Kaur. Akal Thakhat?

By your logic people who HAVE their names as Xjit Singh or Xpreet Kaur should change their last names to something like Xjit Arora or Xpreet Gill?

hmmm Although I see your point, I think that Guru Gobind Singh's intention of getting rid of the caste-revealing surnames was NOT just intended for the Sikhs. I think his point was to create equality among ALL. Not just “everyone is equal. But Sikhs are more equal than others.”

Also as mentioned earlier on by a member- will you force all rajputs and other hindu's who have Singh as last name to change their last names as well?

Will Akal Thakhat decide who has to remove their last names because of their habits, or will you (since you seem to think you've got the right/ability/avastha to) decide who has to drop their Singh and Kaur.

Stop judging other people - let the Guru decide what should happen to those who have 'Singh' and 'Kaur' as last name and give uchi avastha valey, like you, a bad name. Guru Ji gave you a LOT more than a distinct surname: he gave you a distinct JEEVAN. The way time you wake up, the way you spend your morning, the way you spend your day (in swas swas), the way you spend your evening. Live the jeevan. Let the Guru worry - and do his job. Judging isn't ours. It's his. Let's leave it on him.

You are limited in your knowledge dude. Singh was a Rajput warrior name WAY before the Khalsa. If you look even today many Princes of rajput descent still have the name Singh. They are nothing to do with Panjab or the Khalsa.

It is very likely that Guru Gobind Singh gave out the name Singh as a device to psychologically uplift all of the Khalsa initiates to the status of warriors. This was one of a number of steps he took for this emancipation. With your arguments this would mean that it is actually baptised Sikhs that are wannabes not the other way round.

The other thing that makes your points lame is that there is evidence in the form of hukum namas by Guru Hargobind that point to the use of the word Khalsa to refer to the sangat. This was way before the amrit ceremony with the sword or even Guru Gobind Singh was born. So the Gurus may well have called non amritdhari Sikhs "Khalsa".

What you dimwits don't understand that now is the time for unity not bullcrap pointless divisions.

THIS IS DURMAT.. I CAN GIVE A REPLY, BUT WONT..

(but i feel i have to) dont care for rajputs. needless pointless info...

do u carry allegince to hindus that u need to justify that singhs = rajput hindus?

if yea, u aint a sikh. (definition of a sikh.)

if you say that khalsa = sangat, u are denouncing what our guru gobind singh ji did.

i can tell from your postes that you are not amritshak. trying to justify things that are already justified as the opposite to what you say, is down the wrong road mister...

singh = khalsa

khalsa = amritdhari

amritdhari = baptized..

in response to your last statment,

unity is needed. so why not lisen to our gurus and take amrit and just accept tht guru gobind singh ji, in giving amrit, turned jackals into lions..trying to justify this by using the thing of guru hargobind ji reffered to his sangat as the khalsa, is munmat.

we are after that time through gods grace. if god wanted to creat us in that time to be reffered as the khalsa, then fine. but when guru gobind singh ji created amrit and the khalsa and singh, this became the new platto.

trying to justify what u are tryin to, is like saying the word 'gay' nowadays in slang still means happy.

we all know what it means..

durmat leads to munmat.

this is the line you are on..

our gurus were untar-jaamta guru hargobind ji could see that there was no difference to the future of the khalsa than in his followers.

people that say what you have said are no one to call yourselvs khalsa as guru gobind singh ji created a new standared.

responding to your last statment, unity is needed..

SO follow what gurus have said.. take amrit and become initiated into the khalsa.

leave needless and pointless info like oh rajputs are this n that..

WE AINT HINDUS.

sikhs are not hindus for anyine else reading this thread....

sikhs have been misrepresented as alkiez and meat eaters. i was shoked as i was shielded from all this most of my life.. tho i knew the badness in the world, had no idea of the reality....

look at the things you need to.. OUR relegion if you are sikh. all of our gurus knew what was gona hapen. even guru naanak dev ji talks bout amrit (khande-batta da) but i do not want to get into that. (if you want to, read japji saahib).

your time should be better spent than creating comments to undermine what gurus ment by the khalsa..

So who will decide who has to drop the last name Singh or Kaur. Akal Thakhat?

By your logic people who HAVE their names as Xjit Singh or Xpreet Kaur should change their last names to something like Xjit Arora or Xpreet Gill?

hmmm Although I see your point, I think that Guru Gobind Singh's intention of getting rid of the caste-revealing surnames was NOT just intended for the Sikhs. I think his point was to create equality among ALL. Not just "everyone is equal. But Sikhs are more equal than others."

Also as mentioned earlier on by a member- will you force all rajputs and other hindu's who have Singh as last name to change their last names as well?

Will Akal Thakhat decide who has to remove their last names because of their habits, or will you (since you seem to think you've got the right/ability/avastha to) decide who has to drop their Singh and Kaur.

Stop judging other people - let the Guru decide what should happen to those who have 'Singh' and 'Kaur' as last name and give uchi avastha valey, like you, a bad name. Guru Ji gave you a LOT more than a distinct surname: he gave you a distinct JEEVAN. The way time you wake up, the way you spend your morning, the way you spend your day (in swas swas), the way you spend your evening. Live the jeevan. Let the Guru worry - and do his job. Judging isn't ours. It's his. Let's leave it on him.

i agree, we are no one to judge.

rajputs aint sikhs! so lets not worry bout them.

guru gobind singh ji gave people a choice. whether to follow the right paath, or not..

the caste system is not in sikhi.just cus one is amritshak, dont mean they are higher than thou.it just means that they are part of gurugobind singh jiz family.

hu should drop the name singh? i think no one should.. every sikh has a hukam from guru ji to mun guru granth and take amrit.. as a personal thing, droping the name singh no one should do it.... but they also shouldnt desicrate our relegion... these so called sikhs that drink and stuff, they should accept,like they accept that they are not amritdhaari, should also accept that they are in effect not allowed to have singh.

i have noticed that there are alota differnt types of non amritdharriz. ones that have rehet/trying, and ones that party club, and are gennerally not this way(toward good)..

i just feel it is a real shame that sikhs are known in some areas as drinkers and smokers and going with girls and not respecting hair(esp girls!!) and such things..

this is the main reason for my post of this topic..

there was a time when girls couldnt have amrit without wearing a pugh. now,it has been relaxed... i think the same has happened with this singh and kaur thing.....

but still!!..

blush.gif

pul chuk kima

the thing writtern by dal singh 101 saying that (in the reaspect of the context that he said it)the khalsa are wanabies, is just durmat.. upside down thinking............ to come to the conclusion that guru jiz khalsa are rajput wanabies..???

waheguru!! oops.gif

i need not reply to people like that.. i would never say that khalsa are rajput wanabies..

i am not a rajput wanabie.

it was dal singh 101's comment that stated that>>>> "singh has nothing to do with the khalsa"

it has everything to do with it..

to say it has nothing to do with it is to under mine guru gobind singh ji..

i need not reply to the posts of dal singh 101

The other thing that makes your points lame is that there is evidence in the form of hukum namas by Guru Hargobind that point to the use of the word Khalsa to refer to the sangat.

Interesting stuff - can you point me to a source dalsingh101?

Just PM him if you want the source(s).

--------------------------------------------------

To alias:

khalsa = amritdhari - alias

:@:) :) :) :)

Khalsa is much bigger than that.