The Khalsa- What It Is In This Day And Age...

alias

fateh saad sangat ji,

in reflection of what the khalsa was and what it is now, how has it changed?.. opinions please???..

like, some gurdwaras keep it manditory for women to tie a dastaar, and some dont... the khalsa is an identy. this identy is portrayed through mariyada and rheni and bheni.. what then of gur-khalsa wale that sayoffensive things to others/ swear/ chat up gals- but dont do anything/ all he other things that is considered not right...

they do their paat/simran/sewa, but also, feed their other needs (girls,-but dont do anything) and dont let alone their bad boli, and such...

as, in the amrit sunchaar, they say to do the 5 bania, and keep rehet. the majority of "gur sikhs" just do nitnem ritualisticly...

everyone knows that when one is to talk kaura (bitterly) to somone, is one of the most bad things as one is breaking somthing inside another. i.e. in the same catagory as breaking somones birthi,liv,connection. people dont realise the reprocussions of their actions and they think it is just a minor thing... i, on a recent forum had this done to me!(yes, in the process of getting over it...!!...) but it still does mess the other person up a bit... uni/outside/in the park/lightly with friends/ auki boli should be stopped. wot ever happened to the fundimentals??!!!! DAYA!!!! seeing god in all! humility!! saying in casual conversation, oi u >this that<, the need is not there for somone to come out with something to effect the other person in a bad way...

suppose this is y bad company should be avoided.. insides get messed up, all downhill from then on!!!!

opinions pleasse!

p.s. if i oppose an argument stated by a poster, it doesent mean i am for the argument that you are against! (to clear up a likely misunderstanding on another previous forum)

pul chul kima!

:):@:):@:):@:):@:):@:)

:@

The problem is that it is easy to put on the outside appearance of a Khalsa, but much harder to be true to the appearance and live each moment of your life in remembrance of Maharaj Ji.

Guru Ji has defined what His Khalsa is. We can't change that.

Stay away from bad sangat, it can be destructive - as you found out.

The problem is that it is easy to put on the outside appearance of a Khalsa, but much harder to be true to the appearance and live each moment of your life in remembrance of Maharaj Ji.

Guru Ji has defined what His Khalsa is. We can't change that.

Stay away from bad sangat, it can be destructive - as you found out.

trouble is its hard to know.. a seemingly decent person, or seemingly decent people, turning out to be not a you thought...

and for the sake of argument, in guru jiz time, dastaar had to be worn by women as well as men.. now it had been relaxed...

one may argue that it is not about a show off atitude, but about rehet and such things. so du patta, is allowed. it can be seen that we stand out froom the rest of the sangat.. i e, in unison to dasmesh pitas teaching in rehet mariyada.

so y must it be nessasery to wear a turban for women.. (aside from the ovious equality thing..)

united.gif

trouble is its hard to know..

It's not for us to judge. If your sangat is inspiring you to become a better Sikh, it's good. If doing the opposite, it's bad.

As for the women and dastar issue, i don't see what that has to do with this topic. (don't agree with your view though :@ )

It's not for us to judge. If your sangat is inspiring you to become a better Sikh, it's good. If doing the opposite, it's bad.

As for the women and dastar issue, i don't see what that has to do with this topic. (don't agree with your view though :@ )

like the dastaar was manditory everywhere before, but now, its not...

whats the thing that you dont agree with?

btw, i wudnt consider my replies as personal views.. i am most likely to state both arguments and then choose somthing that the other person wont agree with.. jus because id like to milk the discussion for all its worth, so both sides of an argument can be seen... :) is jus me, love debating on controversialy and on controversial things.! so please dont take anything i say as a personal thing against you or what you say...

simple thing.. i jus look at both sides. then people are left with a choice to choose wich they will however they do. sggs does this, so i am no one to not try and follow gurus idology.(from whatever i understand from it!!)

gurfatehji.

trouble is its hard to know.. a seemingly decent person, or seemingly decent people, turning out to be not a you thought...

well maybe they think the same about themselves? did that ever occur to us? how many times do we say to ourselves..." oh gosh i cant believe i just did that?" or " darnit* what was i thinking?" and also "Peshi" word wouldnt be in the vocab=)

before we criticize or judge...just try to think for one second about these things.

we need to help each other out become better human beings and

" see that in truth we all are the same light. one!"

it's really our concept of the other person...we think this is how one should/ be or is and this is how they are etc etc..that leads us into deep trouble( disappointments )

very hard indeed

may guru sahib bless us with gurmat=)

but continue ur discussion..~

akal sahai

wjkk wjkf!

the ideal of khalsaness, singhology, and kaurage is the same as it was when the LORD, our Father, Maharaj Ji walked the Earth. The ideology hasn't changed, it's us who have.

pray.gifd_oh.gifpray.gif ]

waheguru!

i agree!

well maybe they think the same about themselves? did that ever occur to us? how many times do we say to ourselves..." oh gosh i cant believe i just did that?" or " darnit* what was i thinking?" and also "Peshi" word wouldnt be in the vocab=)

before we criticize or judge...just try to think for one second about these things.

we need to help each other out become better human beings and

" see that in truth we all are the same light. one!"

it's really our concept of the other person...we think this is how one should/ be or is and this is how they are etc etc..that leads us into deep trouble( disappointments )

very hard indeed

may guru sahib bless us with gurmat=)

but continue ur discussion..~

akal sahai

wjkk wjkf!

fateh ji

yea its that same thing of looking at ourselves first, then, through example, we lead / teach others..

I definetly relate to how you feel when people talk so bitterly to you. Its even harder when its your apna singh mates. My view on this is that aj kal neevay bande nahi milde. People are full of rubbish these days and seem to get joy but hurting others.

All i can say is rise above bhaji and just follow sikhi. Jo karega so bharega.

I dont have an answer for your question about dastaars.