How Do You Know When God Has Forgiven You?

supasinghsghost

In my view Sikhi isn’t a guilt driven way of life, unlike many people preach it to be. Can guilt solely be a motivation to follow Sikhi?

Initially guilt may bring some of us to the path Dharama but eventually we are here to re-form our broken bond with Akal Purakh. Instead of focusing on repent, focus on that longing to return back to where we came from.

I wanted to reflect on the previous comment. Remembering vaheguru for a second will remove all paap but that kind of concentration and reflection on vaheguru is not easily done. It definitely needs a large amount of kirpa.

To remove paap, I feel I need to remove the reasons for committing them. I don't feel I can be forgiven if there's a chance that I can commit the mistake again. After removing such reasons, then asking for forgiveness feels more fulfilling.

Maharaj talk in bani about Sangat, in bani it say if you listen to a Bhagats katah he will wash all your sins away.

The way you know if god has forgiven you is when you start passing Bhav sagar, God only has to look your way once and you will leave Bhav Sagar (Kaal Faas) in a second.

You'll notice in the Bani of the Bhagats thay ask for God to do Dyal Drisht (to look with forgiveness)

Listen to this shabad it talks about Drisht

http://www.keertan.org/keertan/RARE%20LIVE...20Sharan%29.mp3

Vaheguru

They Key is not to get to a point where u think u've been forgiven... don't do bani and simran just to be forgiven or just to erase ur previous sins... then you don't get the full affect because you're doing it for a reason then...

we should do bani and naam for the Love of Guru Sahib... not for any other reason..

"Raaj Na Chaaho, Mukat Na Chaaho, Man Preet Charan Kamlaray"

don't think whether you've been forigven or not... the focus in life is to devote our mind and consciousness to Guru Sahibs Charan... if ur thinkin of whether u've been forgiven or not, then the mind has gone astray away from the real path.. because then we're doing bani and simran to get something in return...