(request) How To...

Surinderjit

I know this is an old thread but I really do believe Kachera should have nala in it. So many people wear elastic these days...I don't think u shud do tht!!

Also the nala is wrapped around ure waist and tied in a specific type of knot - its different to shoe lace knot....I'm sure a singh can like demostrate at one of the youth programes but basically u have ure long nala, u tighten it and wrap it around ure waist and bring the end bit through the loop of the knot....Also I think people shud treat kachera as underwear cos sometimes u see ppl wearing stuff under kachera.

Also the nala is wrapped around ure waist and tied in a specific type of knot - its different to shoe lace knot....I'm sure a singh can like demostrate at one of the youth programes but basically u have ure long nala, u tighten it and wrap it around ure waist and bring the end bit through the loop of the knot....

why? :)

Dear Surinderjit Bhai Sahib,

I guess you are asking how to tie a knot in the Nala (Drawstring) of your kacchera ?

Here are a couple of videos that show how to tie 2 simple knots - and probably more importantly how to untie the knot !!!.

Simple knot 1

http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?docid=...97&hl=en-GB

Simple knot 2

http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?docid=...11&hl=en-GB

There are a number of ways of tying - as 'sitargirl' has mentioned there is a method of tying a very secure knot , where after tying a knot the extra length of nala goes around the waist and is tied.

This needs a very long 'nala'.

The videos show just simple easy knots.

If you are asking how to actually wear a kacchera - you basically have the 'V' shaped end of the leg hole on your thigh - ie. move it so the 'v' is in the centre of the thigh and then gather the front (probably the folds you were thinking about) pull the nala and tie it. It basically comes together by itself - but it will take a while to get used to wearing . If your Kacchera isn't 'made to measure' - you may have some trouble as the 'V' also known as 'Brakan' won't stay in one place ( It may be too big (will give people an eyeful !!!) or too small (Be too tight to bend your knee or sit down)

It pays to have them made to measure - more comfortable (They don't move around ) and definately more decent as 'nothing' is on 'show' - if you get what I mean.

Anyway I've rambled on for too long now - I hope it made some sense and the vids are of some use.

I know people will be wetting themselves laughing at this description - but Hey not everyone knows how to tie a kacchera or even seen one !

Take Care

Freed

Wow cool videos....I think I tie a combination.......we always worn long nala's around the waist in our house.

My mum's family are nihangs so I am not sure if its cos of that...but yea I suppose it doesn't matter too much....u just need to have it tight so it doesn't fall and quick to untie so u don't wet ureself...I prefer wrapping around waist cos at least there are no bits falling out and less likely to get loose..

Gurfateh !

Was that of any use Surinderjit ji ?

Here is another vid it shows a 'Gora Sikh' - I don't like that term, very divisive - but I guess you have used it so I will just this once.

It shows the Singh wearing a kacchera - it proves my point about getting them made to your size - the 'Pauncha' or leghole is too big - it should sit comfortably with the V on the thigh and the front just touching the knee. It also seems as though the waistband is elasticated not with a nala.

I am not in any way dissing the Singh in the video - just using him as an example because I couldn't find any other pictures - as I have said it takes a while to get used to wearing kaccherey particularly if you are used to regular underwear. Wear them how you like - the reason for the tighter leghole is so you can wear them 'in Public' with a chola and not have any 'decency' issues .

Hope that helps