Can I Wear Mala Like This?

Now here's a question that ive been wondering for time.

Hey whats so bad about wearing a brown wooden mala (a small-medium one) around ones neck? and why's it called a rudraksh 4? cuz i wear one of those sometimes.

rudrakasha means "the tears of rudra" rudra being the hindu god shiva.. its used by shivate hindus, and worn in thier matted hair, etc.

Now i'm curious: where's the maryada that says not to wear one of those? (rudraksh)

There isn't any, actually. However, some people just prefer to like more sikh then hindu, especially with people already claiming that sikhs are actually hindu.

So all it is for a Sikh is a mala with loads of weird patterned beads on it. Out of curiosity, what are those weird patterns for on the Rudraksh beads anyway?

Anyhow a Gursikh is only going to do Gurmantar Vaheguru on it, the highest mantra, jantra, yantra of all. 'Namo Mantra Mantre, Namo Jantra Jantre', so i guess it doesnt really matter, the patterns on the beads will just make it 'look more funkier'.

>>apparently wearing the wrong one's are supposed to have negative effects (for a hindu - those who use Shivas mantra's n stuff on it) - http://www.rudraksha.co.uk/index.html

So all it is for a Sikh is a mala with loads of weird patterned beads on it. Out of curiosity, what are those weird patterns for on the Rudraksh beads anyway?

they arent weird patterns Rudraksha are a nut that grows on tree's. the smaller it is the more valuable they are, some can be very very expensive if they are very small.

there is nothing wrong if a sikh wheres a mala made out of them because we know that nuts from a tree have no spiritual significants in the eyes of god. the only reason i can think of why people wouldnt want to wear them is so that unknowledgable people dont see them and think you are hindu. its kinda of like wearing green, there is nothing wrong with wearing green except that people might think you are muslim because green is a muslim color but if that isnt a problem than by all means wear green

Actually there are only a handful of ELAEOCARPUS GANITRUS ROXB (Rudraksha) trees in the region of Himachel Pardes that are of any significance these are only known to a handful of Yogis. The nature of the tree is such that no birds or animals roost or live in it especially at night. The Rudraksha fruits or beads are only of any use if blessed by a Gurudev the rest sold commercially, handed out willy-nilly etc etc are just normal beads.

they arent weird patterns Rudraksha are a nut that grows on tree's. the smaller it is the more valuable they are, some can be very very expensive if they are very small.

there is nothing wrong if a sikh wheres a mala made out of them because we know that nuts from a tree have no spiritual significants in the eyes of god. the only reason i can think of why people wouldnt want to wear them is so that unknowledgable people dont see them and think you are hindu. its kinda of like wearing green, there is nothing wrong with wearing green except that people might think you are muslim because green is a muslim color but if that isnt a problem than by all means wear green

Would Sarbloh be in the same category in the eyes of God? Why/Why not?

Would Sarbloh be in the same category in the eyes of God? Why/Why not?

ਅਕਾਲ ਪੁਰਖ ਕੀ ਰਛਾ ਹਮਨੈ ॥

अकाल पुरख की रछा हमनै ॥

The non-temporal Purusha (All-Pervading Lord) is my Protector.

ਸਰਬ ਲੋਹ ਕੀ ਰਛਿਆ ਹਮਨੈ ॥

सरब लोह की रछिआ हमनै ॥

The All-Steel Lord is my Protector.

ਸਰਬ ਕਾਲ ਜੀ ਦੀ ਰਛਿਆ ਹਮਨੈ ॥

सरब काल जी दी रछिआ हमनै ॥

The All-Destroying Lord is my Protector.

ਸਰਬ ਲੋਹ ਜੀ ਦੀ ਸਦਾ ਰਛਿਆ ਹਮਨੈ ॥

सरब लोह जी दी सदा रछिआ हमनै ॥

The All-Steel Lord is ever my Protector.

http://www.sridasam.org/dasam?Action=Page&...=t&id=64132

Note: The translator has translated sarabloh as all-steel, although I think "loha" is iron. Dasmesh Pita has referred to Akal Purakh as the supreme solid force, and so proclaimed the supreme strong Akal Purakh as Protector. The sarabloh kara is circular, i.e. no beginning and no end, and it is strong/powerful. These are the qualities of God that Gurujee associates with the kara as well.

Just my opinion. Feel free to correct me.