Solutions To Problems

mandeep99

more and more sikhs have less and less knowledge about sikhi and history

Sikhi to me represents that we can accomplish extraordinary things, that we are suppose to be leaders, that were suppose to welcome all challenges cause their is no challenge we cannot overcome, looking at our history were ordinary ppl came from all walks and took up the Sikh face and became extraordinary beating the odds fighting and defeating army's who had better weapons and outnumbered us over and over and bashing them. Sikhs are suppose to lead the world but instead were falling apart.

So what angers me is how is it that our problems have gotten big as they have, im frustrated i work at my local gurdwara and the leaders and elders frustrate me cause i think their more concerned about power and image then they are about the community.

Were is our community going to end up in 20 years at this pace

WHAT ARE SOME SOLUTIONS WE CAN START APPLYING TO FIX OUR PROBLEMS?

Mod Note: Post Edited

When the rot sets in deep enough I believe that the only option is actually distance from corruption and just maintaining a good life.

Often corruption is a rope which will lead the concerned people to hang themselves at some stage. We just need to be beyond this and keep pushing for the common person to combat these things. To do this we need strength at a grass roots level. That is what we need to work on.

In some areas they do have camps for kids which gives them basic knowledge on Sikhi as kids but as they grow we loose contact with them. Most people as kids go to gurdwareh and camps while kids but soon as high school comes they grow out of going to camps etc.. as they are seen just for kids. We need regular meetings at our Gurdwara for teenagers were they can come and learn but also just "chill" Subjects can range from Sikh ethics, to problems the community is facing. The best time for such meeting or gurmat classes would proberbly weekends when everybody is free to attend.

Maybe a Sikh youth organization could be created if their is not already one?

this is a huge problem

i kno mandeep99 is moderatede, but a lot of what he says is true

hes just cant get it out in the right way, the thinks its amridharees fault

its not, its a mentality in some people

we have to all realise the basic things guru je taught, so we can on a baisc level

then we will be united

we gotta each of us carry ourselves with some pride, something tha when a person sees will be like whoa thas a sher

dont walk around looking at the floor like ure nothing, i kno some people do tha

guru je didnt make us stick out for that

were shers, remeber tha

we gotta each be a example of our power and pride, and then our youth will b like whoa this guys craz

and instead of 300, teach em about 40 facing million

tell em about being sawn in half

the key is to tell all u kno, to live ure life as a sher, and to rmeind people y mughals used to call us shers

this will lead people to wonder, how r these people so craz

and theyll read our historuy and find out

and dont listen to someone jus cuz hey have a dastaar, dont give em respect for tha fact

read our sakhees, read our history, read guru je, and then keep on builidng up

Overall, we need to remember that our ultimate goal is to produce solid, moral individuals. If we fail to do this then something is wrong in our society and our system is failing.

Overall, we need to remember that our ultimate goal is to produce solid, moral individuals. If we fail to do this then something is wrong in our society and our system is failing.

To be honest with you that's the best summary I have heard. It's a collective goal and the primary goal is to make ourselves that solid, moral individual so that we can project that to others. In my opinion, where the system fails is that without adopting those values we chose to pass the responsibility of those values on to others and then we focus on scrutinizing those people.

Those people (like mandeep99) who spend much of their time scrutinizing Amritdharis for their shortcomings and doubting everyone around them, as you guys claim to have the avasta to see people’s avguns, why not put it to good use and become the solid role models so that those “useless” Amritdharis”, like me, can see how it should really be done!

i posted this as a reply in private to other ppl but personally i believe these are some solutions that might help a little bit and kind of get the community going in the right direction

Honeslty in punjab whats causing the problem when i was their, is this jatt mentaility oh im jatt i have this much money so i buy my kids cars, they dont' get educated their kids dont' get educated to start buisnesses get jobs and help industralise punjab and they cut up their land and hang themselves running into debt, their kids are spoiled and are given no responsibility which is the worste thing a parant can do to their kid cause humans need a sence of purpose, and instead these kids have no work ethic so no way they can reach any purpose they give themselves.

Basicully soccer or football if your from england, do you want to play on the national team and fight for it all the way to the world cup giving yourself a purpose to win it, or would you rather play on a dream team and win every game easy? so humans need to give themselves purpose and need to give themselves a work ethic to reach it but parants rob this of their kids in punjab.

In punjab ppl who practise caste are to dependent on their land and not educationg and if not education they need to get financial education, most familys in india in middle and upper class family's teach their kids financial literacy even if they don't finish school we need to learn financial literacy thats also why jews and gujaratis are rich.

Sports helps give ppl their own purpose and relise the adrenaline that their brain releases when they fight for their goals and dreams and reach them rather then replace that adrenaline in their brains with outside chemicals like cocain and heroin alchole.

Parants need to stop playing double standards this part of punjabi culture i hate, parants need to stop favouring boys over girls, they spoil their sons and give them no work ethic and they don't reach their potential and settle in life and become alcholics, daughters they neglect, and i learned in sociology human nature, that girls need that attention and that since of belonging and love and acceptance and trust from a male figure, if their brothers are to busy getting spioled and drunk and their fathers are favouring their sons over their daughters, *EDITED*

MOST IMPORTANTLY PARANTS NEED TO TEACH THEIR KIDS SIKHI AND SIKH HISTORY, I MEAN OUR HISTORY IS SO INSPIRATIONAL, IT SHOWS ORDINARY PPL CAN DO EXTRODINARY THINGS, PUNJABIS BECAME SIKHS, WE BEAT THE ODDS, SIKHS WOULD FACE ARMY'S 10 TIME THEIR SIZE AND WIN. ALSO TO TEACH THIER KIDS ABOUT THE INJUSTICES SIKHS HAVE FACED IN THE 80'S AND 90'S

SOCIOLOGY TAKE IT IF YOU CAN IN UNI I GOT A DEGREE IN IT AND I LOVE IT, I LOVE HUMAN NATURE AND IT MAKES ME UNDERSTAND PROBLEMS IN THE SIKH COMMUNITY, HUMANS ARE EMOTIONAL CREATURES THAT ARE DRIVEN BY A SENCE OF LOVE, RECOGNITION, SENCE OF BELONGING, PRIDE, VALUES NOW IF THE GURDWARA LEADERS AND SIKH LEADERS CAN GIVE THIS TO SIKH YOUTH HOW MANY PROBLEMS WOUDL GO AWAY.

SPORTS IM A HUGE SPORTS FAN, SPORTS TEACH KIDS GOAL SETTING DISIPLINE TIME MANAGEMENT, KEEPS THEM PHYSICALLY FIT TEACHES THEM TEAM WORK AND LEADERSHIP SKILLS.

I LOVE THIS QUOTE

good leaders make ppl believe in them, great leaders make ppl believe in themselves

Gurfatehji,

Sikhi, was once the highest organised faith and now unfortunately the most politicised faith.

The only way we can begin to fix these problems is to IGNORE people who thrive on attention. Ignore them and send a message to them clearly.. that WE DUN CARE. If we are in a Gurudwara, it is because of the GURU and NOT because of these power hungry people. This will have effect if EVERY young sikh follows this regime.