Caste? Marriage Within Jaat?!

ASK MAHARAJ

DO WHAT MAHARAJ SAYS

take hukumnama regarding the topic

if it has a negative connatoation, maharaj is prolly yelling at u for even considering it

if it talks of bakhshish, then go for it

u can take multiple huknamaas for claification, specific questions, etc

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

vaheguru! :)

there shud be only one person who we shud love with each breath, and thats vaheguru.

sdw rMgIlw lwlu ipAwrw eyhu mihMjw Awsrw ]1] rhwau ]

sadhaa ra(n)geelaa laal piaaraa eaehu mehi(n)jaa aasaraa ||1|| rehaao ||

My Beloved Lover is always and forever beautiful. He is my hope and inspiration. ||1||Pause||

sjxu qUhY sYxu qU mY quJ aupir bhu mwxIAw ]

sajan thoohai sain thoo mai thujh oupar bahu maaneeaa ||

You are my Best Friend; You are my relative. I am so proud of You.

jw qU AMdir qw suKy qUM inmwxI mwxIAw ]2]

jaa thoo a(n)dhar thaa sukhae thoo(n) nimaanee maaneeaa ||2||

And when You dwell within me, I am at peace. I am without honor - You are my honor. ||2||

jy qU quTw ik®pw inDwn nw dUjw vyKwil ]

jae thoo thut(h)aa kirapaa nidhhaan naa dhoojaa vaekhaal ||

And when You are pleased with me, O treasure of mercy, then I do not see any other.

^^ thats exactly why you shouldnt fall in love in the first place

IO didmt ever intend to. Im a sinple quiet shy little girl.Never had the slighest idea i would fall in love. BNow that i have... What should be done!?!

What society expects of me?

OR

What!??!?..... ?? :)

Im love stuck.... cant think right?!! rolleyes.gif

love???? and whast love to u?? are u ignoring the fact that we shudnt fall in love? lol

penj, as veer sed, take hukhamnamma.

ppl on here wont say ' go 4 it, gr8 job, get married etc''

so, only vaheguru can help u out.

vjkk vjkf

I KNOW...

AND IF MY LOVE IS SACHA.... WILL I GET HIM? :) ... HAVE MY OWN WAY?!

waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh

well dear sangat ji we always give lesson to everyone that you shouldnt do this thing or tht thing wotever but can we follow these terms i think no. Also, there is not even one caste related quote in Gurbani which restricts us from getting married from the same caste/tribe. The knowledge I gained from Guru Granth Sahib’s study tells me that Guru Sahib has clear message to get rid of caste based prejudice not caste itself. Anyhow, caste based decisions not always healthy for the society. We cannot expect a good outcome from our decision if we think that girl/boy will remain forever together just because they are from the same caste/tribe background. It’s about personal nature and so many other things which count in marriage which makes it lifetime survival with success. and marrriage is a very personal matter so let the person should decide with whom she/he can be happy.

i hope this can help you and if i have hurted anyone then please forgive me

i am a learner and will alwys be a learner

thnkz nd regards

gitika kaur khalsa

Here is a cyber-hukumnama from Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji Maharaj.

-----------------------------------------------------------

ੴ ਸਤਿਗੁਰ ਪ੍ਰਸਾਦਿ ॥

Ik­oaʼnkār saṯgur parsāḏ.

One Universal Creator God. By The Grace Of The True Guru:

ਆਪਣੇ ਪਿਰ ਕੈ ਰੰਗਿ ਰਤੀ ਮੁਈਏ ਸੋਭਾਵੰਤੀ ਨਾਰੇ ॥

Āpṇė pir kai rang raṯī mu­ī­ė sobẖāvanṯī nārė.

Let yourself be imbued with the Love of your Husband Lord, O beautiful, mortal bride.

ਸਚੈ ਸਬਦਿ ਮਿਲਿ ਰਹੀ ਮੁਈਏ ਪਿਰੁ ਰਾਵੇ ਭਾਇ ਪਿਆਰੇ ॥

Sacẖai sabaḏ mil rahī mu­ī­ė pir rāvė bẖā­ė pi­ārė.

Let yourself remain merged in the True Word of the Shabad, O mortal bride; savor and enjoy the Love of your Beloved Husband Lord.

ਸਚੈ ਭਾਇ ਪਿਆਰੀ ਕੰਤਿ ਸਵਾਰੀ ਹਰਿ ਹਰਿ ਸਿਉ ਨੇਹੁ ਰਚਾਇਆ ॥

Sacẖai bẖā­ė pi­ārī kanṯ savārī har har si­o nėhu racẖā­i­ā.

The Husband Lord embellishes His beloved bride with His True Love; she is in love with the Lord, Har, Har.

ਆਪੁ ਗਵਾਇਆ ਤਾ ਪਿਰੁ ਪਾਇਆ ਗੁਰ ਕੈ ਸਬਦਿ ਸਮਾਇਆ ॥

Āp gavā­i­ā ṯā pir pā­i­ā gur kai sabaḏ samā­i­ā.

Renouncing her self-centeredness, she attains her Husband Lord, and remains merged in the Word of the Guru's Shabad.

ਸਾ ਧਨ ਸਬਦਿ ਸੁਹਾਈ ਪ੍ਰੇਮ ਕਸਾਈ ਅੰਤਰਿ ਪ੍ਰੀਤਿ ਪਿਆਰੀ ॥

Sā ḏẖan sabaḏ suhā­ī parėm kasā­ī anṯar parīṯ pi­ārī.

That soul bride is adorned, who is attracted by His Love, and who treasures the Love of her Beloved within her heart.

ਨਾਨਕ ਸਾ ਧਨ ਮੇਲਿ ਲਈ ਪਿਰਿ ਆਪੇ ਸਾਚੈ ਸਾਹਿ ਸਵਾਰੀ ॥੧॥

Nānak sā ḏẖan mėl la­ī pir āpė sācẖai sāhi savārī. ||1||

O Nanak, the Lord blends that soul bride with Himself; the True King adorns her. ||1||

ਨਿਰਗੁਣਵੰਤੜੀਏ ਪਿਰੁ ਦੇਖਿ ਹਦੂਰੇ ਰਾਮ ॥

Nirguṇvanṯ­ṛī­ė pir ḏėkẖ haḏūrė rām.

O worthless bride, see your Husband Lord ever-present.

ਗੁਰਮੁਖਿ ਜਿਨੀ ਰਾਵਿਆ ਮੁਈਏ ਪਿਰੁ ਰਵਿ ਰਹਿਆ ਭਰਪੂਰੇ ਰਾਮ ॥

Gurmukẖ jinī rāvi­ā mu­ī­ė pir rav rahi­ā bẖarpūrė rām.

One who, as Gurmukh, enjoys her Husband Lord, O mortal bride, knows Him to be all-pervading everywhere.

ਪਿਰੁ ਰਵਿ ਰਹਿਆ ਭਰਪੂਰੇ ਵੇਖੁ ਹਜੂਰੇ ਜੁਗਿ ਜੁਗਿ ਏਕੋ ਜਾਤਾ ॥

Pir rav rahi­ā bẖarpūrė vėkẖ hajūrė jug jug ėko jāṯā.

The Lord is all-pervading everywhere; behold Him ever-present. Throughout the ages, know Him as the One.

ਧਨ ਬਾਲੀ ਭੋਲੀ ਪਿਰੁ ਸਹਜਿ ਰਾਵੈ ਮਿਲਿਆ ਕਰਮ ਬਿਧਾਤਾ ॥

Ḏẖan bālī bẖolī pir sahj rāvai mili­ā karam biḏẖāṯā.

The young, innocent bride enjoys her Husband Lord; she meets Him, the Architect of karma.

ਜਿਨਿ ਹਰਿ ਰਸੁ ਚਾਖਿਆ ਸਬਦਿ ਸੁਭਾਖਿਆ ਹਰਿ ਸਰਿ ਰਹੀ ਭਰਪੂਰੇ ॥

Jin har ras cẖākẖi­ā sabaḏ subẖākẖi­ā har sar rahī bẖarpūrė.

One who tastes the sublime essence of the Lord, and utters the sublime Word of the Shabad, remains immersed in the Lord's Ambrosial Pool.

ਨਾਨਕ ਕਾਮਣਿ ਸਾ ਪਿਰ ਭਾਵੈ ਸਬਦੇ ਰਹੈ ਹਦੂਰੇ ॥੨॥

Nānak kāmaṇ sā pir bẖāvai sabḏė rahai haḏūrė. ||2||

O Nanak, that soul bride is pleasing to her Husband Lord, who, through the Shabad, remains in His Presence. ||2||

ਸੋਹਾਗਣੀ ਜਾਇ ਪੂਛਹੁ ਮੁਈਏ ਜਿਨੀ ਵਿਚਹੁ ਆਪੁ ਗਵਾਇਆ ॥

Sohāgaṇī jā­ė pūcẖẖahu mu­ī­ė jinī vicẖahu āp gavā­i­ā.

Go and ask the happy soul-brides, O mortal bride, who have eradicated their self-conceit from within.

ਪਿਰ ਕਾ ਹੁਕਮੁ ਨ ਪਾਇਓ ਮੁਈਏ ਜਿਨੀ ਵਿਚਹੁ ਆਪੁ ਨ ਗਵਾਇਆ ॥

Pir kā hukam na pā­i­o mu­ī­ė jinī vicẖahu āp na gavā­i­ā.

Those who have not eradicated their self-conceit, O mortal bride, do not realize the Hukam of their Husband Lord's Command.

ਜਿਨੀ ਆਪੁ ਗਵਾਇਆ ਤਿਨੀ ਪਿਰੁ ਪਾਇਆ ਰੰਗ ਸਿਉ ਰਲੀਆ ਮਾਣੈ ॥

Jinī āp gavā­i­ā ṯinī pir pā­i­ā rang si­o ralī­ā māṇai.

Those who eradicate their self-conceit, obtain their Husband Lord; they delight in His Love.

ਸਦਾ ਰੰਗਿ ਰਾਤੀ ਸਹਜੇ ਮਾਤੀ ਅਨਦਿਨੁ ਨਾਮੁ ਵਖਾਣੈ ॥

Saḏā rang rāṯī sehjė māṯī an­ḏin nām vakẖāṇai.

Ever imbued with His Love, in perfect poise and grace, she repeats His Name, night and day.

ਕਾਮਣਿ ਵਡਭਾਗੀ ਅੰਤਰਿ ਲਿਵ ਲਾਗੀ ਹਰਿ ਕਾ ਪ੍ਰੇਮੁ ਸੁਭਾਇਆ ॥

Kāmaṇ vadbẖāgī anṯar liv lāgī har kā parėm subẖā­i­ā.

Very fortunate is that bride, who focuses her consciousness on Him; her Lord's Love is so sweet to her.

ਨਾਨਕ ਕਾਮਣਿ ਸਹਜੇ ਰਾਤੀ ਜਿਨਿ ਸਚੁ ਸੀਗਾਰੁ ਬਣਾਇਆ ॥੩॥

Nānak kāmaṇ sehjė rāṯī jin sacẖ sīgār baṇā­i­ā. ||3||

O Nanak, that soul-bride who is adorned with Truth, is imbued with her Lord's Love, in the state of perfect poise. ||3||

ਹਉਮੈ ਮਾਰਿ ਮੁਈਏ ਤੂ ਚਲੁ ਗੁਰ ਕੈ ਭਾਏ ॥

Ha­umai mār mu­ī­ė ṯū cẖal gur kai bẖā­ė.

Overcome your egotism, O mortal bride, and walk in the Guru's Way.

ਹਰਿ ਵਰੁ ਰਾਵਹਿ ਸਦਾ ਮੁਈਏ ਨਿਜ ਘਰਿ ਵਾਸਾ ਪਾਏ ॥

Har // rāveh saḏā mu­ī­ė nij gẖar vāsā pā­ė.

Thus you shall ever enjoy your Husband Lord, O mortal bride, and obtain an abode in the home of your own inner being.

ਨਿਜ ਘਰਿ ਵਾਸਾ ਪਾਏ ਸਬਦੁ ਵਜਾਏ ਸਦਾ ਸੁਹਾਗਣਿ ਨਾਰੀ ॥

Nij gẖar vāsā pā­ė sabaḏ vajā­ė saḏā suhāgaṇ nārī.

Obtaining an abode in the home of her inner being, she vibrates the Word of the Shabad, and is a happy soul-bride forever.

ਪਿਰੁ ਰਲੀਆਲਾ ਜੋਬਨੁ ਬਾਲਾ ਅਨਦਿਨੁ ਕੰਤਿ ਸਵਾਰੀ ॥

Pir ralī­ālā joban bālā an­ḏin kanṯ savārī.

The Husband Lord is delightful, and forever young; night and day, He embellishes His bride.

ਹਰਿ ਵਰੁ ਸੋਹਾਗੋ ਮਸਤਕਿ ਭਾਗੋ ਸਚੈ ਸਬਦਿ ਸੁਹਾਏ ॥

Har // sohāgo masṯak bẖāgo sacẖai sabaḏ suhā­ė.

Her Husband Lord activates the destiny written on her forehead, and she is adorned with the True Shabad.

ਨਾਨਕ ਕਾਮਣਿ ਹਰਿ ਰੰਗਿ ਰਾਤੀ ਜਾ ਚਲੈ ਸਤਿਗੁਰ ਭਾਏ ॥੪॥੧॥

Nānak kāmaṇ har rang rāṯī jā cẖalai saṯgur bẖā­ė. ||4||1||

O Nanak, the soul-bride is imbued with the Love of the Lord, when she walks according to the Will of the True Guru. ||4||1||

Seeing as i have been told i am still of a tender age... what should be done? I love this boy... i can wait for however long it takes for us to become one. I hav not commited any sin have i for falling in love? Is it or not naturally and hummanly to fall in love??

Help!