Going To India..?

$ingh $oorma

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

oo wish i was going! i went last year though, was meant to go for just over 2 months but had to cut it about 3weeks short 'cus i got sick - :) - so be wary of that! if you're anything like me you won't mind the heat much, i'm a summer person, loved the weather but ya still use your sun protection stuff, also be wary of mosquitos!! my aunt suggested i sleep out on the balcony the 1st night, but that was enough 4 me lol i was covered in bites

what do you wish to take from this trip? that way we could help you more

also you should message sunny_love_kirtan, i am sure he will be more than happy to help as he lives in Amritsar.

Hi, I was just wondering if anyone from the forum is visiting India this summer b/w June 28 to Aug 4. I kind of need help about to's (how, what, where, when etc.) [i know its kind of early.. but just want to plan it as its my first trip.. :) ]

best thing to do is not to plan it................. just and enjoy ur time and where ever Guru ji hukam takes u , itl be beautiful. Amritsar , Anandpur Sahib are possibly two places u might wana spend some time at, as there are many historical gurdwaray full of sikh history around these areas, or simply just to enjoy the khalsa spirit and connect to something outa this world!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm going for sure, gonna finally be able to fly to Amritsar instead of Delhi, which i'm excited about

gonna hang around amritsar for a while and then go up north a bit to meta Sahib after that gonna go south to ferozupur and be with my family and check up on some land which I'm hoping to buy.

The thing is i kind of don't like hot weather and i kno its funny how i'm going in summer.. kind of get sick usually.. I'm leaving in june and returning in late august.. will be leaving from US for London will stay there for 2-4 days and thn to Mumbai (lol..) stay there for like 2-3 days and thn to Delhi (stay there for like 3-4 days) and thn to Punjab like for 1 month.. i'll be taking Virgin frm US to London, again, Virgin from London to BOM, Kingfisher from BOM to DEL, and Jet from DEL to ATQ.., and respecively..

I'm planning on visiting historic/gurughars in pinds etc., and travel to like mela etc and rural punjab, do like a lot of ancient shopping, learn like few tricks like milking ( :) ), gulli-danda, cricket etc.. etc... spend like 3-4 days at darbar sahib.. and one week reserved for some business..lol

If anyone from like NY/NJ going to India or someone from UK going on like June 28th on virgin let me kno...

I'm like making a list of things to do/visit etc.. you kno like that movie.. so please do input suggestions... ;) by messaging me. Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

I have one more question, i plan on buying two Kirpans (about 2.5ft) Do they let those come back to US as luggage?

Though not completed but soon will be... here's guide for Gurdwaras around Amritsar:

http://www.sikhpride.com/index.php?categoryid=34

Thank you, i will hopefully visit all of them... and post pics here..lol

I'm going for sure, gonna finally be able to fly to Amritsar instead of Delhi, which i'm excited about

gonna hang around amritsar for a while and then go up north a bit to meta Sahib after that gonna go south to ferozupur and be with my family and check up on some land which I'm hoping to buy.

lol.. and i thought my dad was the only one who was interested in buying land.. he wants me to visit some places and "report" back to him on aurrounding anddecide whether we should buy or no...