Pagal Computer

Vaheguru24/7

Ok, I'm stuck yet again! Me and technology just don't seem to get on!!

Using Windows Vista and it's gone pagal on me! I can't open any documents or folders at all except by going through Task Manager (control-alt-delete). Can't even open control panel....

I tried doing a system restore, but it told me that it was unsuccessful. Also tried a virus scan and spyware scan and fixed all the problems that they picked up.

Anyone know how I can fix this? Please?

Posting on behalf of Vaheguru24/7.

After the above, we ran a virus scan and Norton picked up 3 viruses, which it said it had cleared.

We also tried to do a Systems-Restore thing.. but that had no effect.

Originally we could access the task manager by ctrl/alt/del and then typing 'Explorer' to access the icons/programmes on the desktop. But now we can't access those icons/programmes either.

And also if we start the computer in safe mode, everything works completely fine except we can't access the internet.

Any tips?

Hmm....my Vista installation went haywire after I installed MagicISO....I tried EVERYTHING, and eventually resorted to a clean install of Vista. I'm sure some others could help, but I've had my fair share of horror with Vista and would probably recommened a clean install (if you have no other important files on it) otherwise it's gonna take some vista expert on this forum to sort it out for you.

Did you do a repair from the vista disc? There is an option on the vista disc where it will check you PC for boot errors or other vista errors and will try and fix it