Akj.org Takes Anti Dasam Granth Stance.

GSMANN

This statement was prepared after contacting AKJ.org

AKJ.org takes anti Dasam Granth stance.

AKJ.org has recently issued a statement on their web forum clarifying their position on the Sri Dasam Granth. However their statement is not very clear and is in fact contradicted by various AKJ leaders who have taken a pro Dasam Granth Stance in 2008. In their statement it states that they speak for AKJ worldwide but this is incorrect as the name of AKJ is being tarnished by AKJ.org which is now creating confusion

The statements states that they have chosen not publicize the issue of Sri Dasam Granth and that “many have raised what seem to be plausible doubts about some parts of The Dasam Granth that, they say, are not the Rachanaa of our Guru Saheb”. This misleading statement confirms that their own faith has been shattered by some anti Dasam Granth proponents. So they seem to disagree with the latest Hukumnama directive on the Sri Dasam Granth which puts their own credibility in doubt.

They also state “We are eager to see the researchers prove the facts, and whatever the facts turn out to be, and are agreeable to Khaalsaa Panth, Akhand Keertanee Jathaa will abide by the decisions of Khaalsaa Panth”. Unfortunately this rhetoric has put the AKJ in untenable position. They are not happy with the position taken by the Akal Takht. Especially in light of the fact that the prakash of the Sri Dasam Granth used to take place at the Akal Takht until the 1940’s when it was dislodged by some fanatics. They are not happy with the position taken by Takhts Patna Sahib and Hazur Sahib where prakash of Sri Dasam Granth takes place.

Their publication is more worrying especially when some members of the AKJ leadership have come out with a pro Dasam Granth stance in 2008.

1) In the Takht Damdama Sahib Conclave “a befitting reply to anti Dasam Granth was given by Bhai Mohkam Singh Ludhiana (Akhand Kirtani Jatha) - Bhai Sahib stated that it is shameful for ragi Darshan Singh to allege that if we believe in Dasam Bani, then we do not respect Guru Granth Sahib Ji. He countered, that in 1978 Singhs from the Akhand

Kirtani Jatha and the Damdami Taksal sacrificed their lives for the sanctity of Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji, and they were ready to do that again if the need arises. He asked ragi Darshan Singh and his missionaries if they could show a single sacrifice they had made for the sanctity of Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji”. So the recent statement is contradictory to the words of Bhai Mokham Singh.

In Resolutions Passed at this conclave at Takht Sri Damdama Sahib against Ragi Darshan Singh it was signed by the AKJ.

2) The AKJ refused permission for Ragi Darshan Singh to do Kirtan in January 2008.

Jathedar Jagjit Singh Gaba and Ranbir Singh Jaura, President and Secretary respectively of Gurudwara Guru Tegh Bahadur Committee, Jalandhar refuted Prof Darshan Singh for using derogatory language against Guru Gobind Singh and his bani and refused him to perform kirtan at the Gurudwara on maghi day.

Please see following article:

http://www.punjabheritage.org/manuscripts/...tani-jatha.html

In light of the positive stance taken by several members of the AKJ it appears that the new stance by AKJ.org which they “state is the AKJ worldwide stance” is either misguided or that they have actually done a u turn like Ragi Darshan Singh himself.

Admin

www.sridasamgranth.org

Akj.org statement available to read on the above website.

AKJ_takes_anti_Dasam_Granth_stance.doc

A leaflet i managed to get hold of which was being handed out at the last AKJ smagam....?

The AKJ did nto exists before the 1930's 40's so do they have the right to comment on the marayada practiced before that time by the actual puratan sampradas and jathabandiyas?????? sikhi survided because of these groups, AKJ is a very new organisation but in my eyes has no links to puratan times even though i love there kirtan lol

Gurfateh Ji

post-16371-1206699355_thumb.jpg

I don't understand what the purpose of these statements really are. I fail to see the benefit of the jathas/groups/sampardays who constantly marginalise themselves into little organised cultures within Sikhi, producing their own rules and ideology. All the youth seem to do nowadays is sectionise themselves within some Sikh group (AKJ, DDT, Nihangs etc) and then spend their jeevans justifying how puratan they are.

We are great at setting up little sub-cultures and then we bang on about ekta. So what's so great? The AKJ have released a press statement! How official and how professional. What now?

This comes as no suprise guys, just think about it- akj members are clouded with the dubta and sansa on sri guru granth sahib ji itself whether their guru is larivar saroop or pad ched saroop. if they are having hard time deciding that or if they think guru status should only given to larivar saropp not pad ched saroop then that itself shows they havent understood the concept of shabad guru- tat nichor of shabad instead they are still stuck with outer bindings of sri guru granth sahib ji... i think same sort of mindset is been used when they declare sri dasam guru granth sahib is not guru or shouldnt be equated to sri guru granth sahib ji without looking at the tat gyan(nichor) of sri dasam granth sahib ji they themselves are acting like "ultra extermist" and rejecting sri dasam granth sahib as guru based on silly reasonings. I challenge them to provide proof that tat gyan given in sri dasam guru granth sahib ie- sri akaal ustat sahib, jaap sahib, gyan parbodh is somehower lower than tat gyan given in sri guru granth sahib ji. All the attributes given in jaap sahib these are not kirtam naams to describe sargun paratma they describe nirgun paratama lachans, all the examples given by sri dasam patsah that sikh should try to be ultimate nirgun upasakh try not idiolize avtars/including himself- thinking only idol worship gives salvation is wrong. i can go on on on but i want to know if statement given by akj is given out by people who have read sri dasam granth sahib full and have understood it or they have just contacted their bhai sahib ji and wrote this offical leter just because bhai sahib ji said so.

If anything at this point this reinforces that akj indeed still has some imprints of bhausaria mindset which is shared by many over parnioa/insecure sikhs world wide..all their mindset were discussed breifly @ http://www.sikhsangat.com/index.php?showtopic=32348

If AKJs don’t believe in Dasam Granth ji in its entirety, there should be no surprises here, I’ll rock the boat further and say they don’t believe in Guru Granth Sahib ji in its entirety either. There are bigger issues afoot like the catastrophic damage that has been done to the natural balance around the world, if people want a cause make it this one. Grow trees people the world remains unchanged by the AKJ stance and couldn’t care less.

lol all these "groups" are our Khalsa brothers still lol.

Every1 talks bout dem like they're another completely different group! I don believe in all these groups in Sikhi e.g AKJ and all da rest. I think the Khalsa stay as One and thats it. Buh ppl must remember they are still Khalsa brothers!! lol and one question, wot do ppl ave against AKJ? grin.gif

There is a tendency for individuals to make lazy decisions and judgments on the basis of the statements made available to them, but without in-depth and sincere study of a particular issue. That’s all this statement will achieve.

What kind of ekta do we have. We are like a heap of flowers, some fresh and other stale. Of course each jatha thinks that 'mine are always fresh,' and 'yours are the stale ones'! Do people think that Sikhi can only spread by disagreement, creating group after group, and taking on-board new ideologies to attract new batch of followers. I am really beginning to believe that the jathas/dals/samparadays have no other intentions but to do this.

Anyway back to the real issue.