Sundri: The Brave Kaur

looks awesome

is there any chance of makin movies like this in english (for those kids who dont speak punjabi - cos i got TROTK and Saahibzaade (in Punjabi) for my sis but she's too young to read subtitles and doesnt speak english too well....i know it comes down to educting her but I'm trying to get her interested first cos she loses interest easily lol

Vismaad are doing a grand job. With Guru Ji's kirpa, if they can get one production out a year it would keep the kids occupied and expose them to new sakhis.

Also I am glad they produce the animations in Punjabi, because once again it forces the kids to make the effort to understand Punjabi.

Sikhvibes, where did you hear that they will have subtitles?

At least some copies of Sahibzadey had subtitles. I don't know if it's the case, but a source in touch with the project is concerned that there may not be subtitles. Also saying that it is not too late to offer some feedback. I am trying to find out if there are subtitles, but because things are being prepared right now, it would be great if people would offer some feedback to the contacts at the link ensuring that there are subtitles.... or post here to confirm that there will be subtitles if they find out.

I have no financial interest in this; it is critical that we support every effort like this. I have no doubts that it takes a great deal of resources and personal sacrifice to produce this. Please do not support illegal copies.

We are always prepared to spend twice as much on dinner with friends, but supporting something crucial like this becomes an obstacle. Don't hesitate to purchase gifts for those who may not get a copy on their own.

These guys are doing a great job. I think that if they can...to make it an option on the dvd to have english or Punjabi spoken language. BUT...i think it should be done using American/Uk born people, because children in canada, usa, uk etc...can't really understand the Indian accent of english very well.

Also...in the previous 2 videos, the subtitles used some words that were way too complex for youth, and easier words could have been used. Again it comes down to america/uk born youth working on the subtitiles, because they know what kind of words to use that the kids will understand. No offense to Indian people...its just how it is.

• 1 year later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

• Topics

• yeh it's true, we shouldn't be lazy and need to learn jhatka shikaar. It doesn't help some of grew up in surrounding areas like Slough and Southall where everyone thought it was super bad for amrit dharis to eat meat, and they were following Sant babas and jathas, and instead the Singhs should have been normalising jhatka just like the recent world war soldiers did. We are trying to rectifiy this and khalsa should learn jhatka.  But I am just writing about bhog for those that are still learning rehit. As I explained, there are all these negative influences in the panth that talk against rehit, but this shouldn't deter us from taking khanda pahul, no matter what level of rehit we are!
    • How is it going to help? The link is of a Sikh hunter. Fine, but what good does that do the lazy Sikh who ate khulla maas in a restaurant? By the way, for the OP, yes, it's against rehit to eat khulla maas.
    • Yeah, Sikhs should do bhog of food they eat. But the point of bhog is to only do bhog of food which is fit to be presented to Maharaj. It's not maryada to do bhog of khulla maas and pretend it's OK to eat. It's not. Come on, bro, you should know better than to bring this Sakhi into it. Is this Sikh in the restaurant accompanied by Guru Gobind Singh ji? Is he fighting a dharam yudh? Or is he merely filling his belly with the nearest restaurant?  Please don't make a mockery of our puratan Singhs' sacrifices by comparing them to lazy Sikhs who eat khulla maas.
    • Seriously?? The Dhadi is trying to be cute. For those who didn't get it, he said: "Some say Maharaj killed bakras (goats). Some say he cut the heads of the Panj Piyaras. The truth is that they weren't goats. It was she-goats (ਬਕਰੀਆਂ). He jhatka'd she-goats. Not he-goats." Wow. This is possibly the stupidest thing I've ever heard in relation to Sikhi.
    • Instead of a 9 inch or larger kirpan, take a smaller kirpan and put it (without gatra) inside your smaller turban and tie the turban tightly. This keeps a kirpan on your person without interfering with the massage or alarming the masseuse. I'm not talking about a trinket but rather an actual small kirpan that fits in a sheath (you'll have to search to find one). As for ahem, "problems", you could get a male masseuse. I don't know where you are, but in most places there are professional masseuses who actually know what they are doing and can really relieve your muscle pains.

Important Information

Terms of Use