‘have Faith In Guru Ji'

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

One day Sant Baba Harnam Singh Ji was making his way to the home of Guru Sahib at Sachkhand Sri Anandpur Sahib Ji. At this time Sant Ji was extremely weak and could only walk a little while before he had to stop and rest. Many people saw Sant Ji struggling up the road but no one stopped and offered to help this beloved flower of Guru Nanak Dev Ji Maharaj. A Sikh who was sat on a bullock cart saw Sant Ji staggering and offered him a ride up to Kapurthala, where he was going. Sant Ji accepted the ride and sat in the cart with the Sikh who looked very worried. As they travelled the Sikh told Sant Ji that he was going to court to hear the verdict by a magistrate of Karpurthala of a lawsuit against him.

The next day Sant Ji saw the farmer crying. Mahapursh asked the Sikh what was wrong. The Sikh said, ‘Today I am going to hear the magistrate’s verdict in the case against me. I know the verdict is going to go against me because the plaintiff has approached the authorities. I do not know how I am going to pay the fine and stay in prison.’

Sant Ji smiled and said, ‘Have faith in Guru Ji. You are a kind hearted Sikh of Guru Nanak Dev Ji and therefore he will help you. I guarantee that the verdict today will be in your favour.’ The Sikh then half-heartedly said, ‘I hope Akaal Purakh listens to your words Sant Ji.’

They then both began singing Guru Sahib’s praises as they started of to the Kapurthala courts. Sant Ji stayed with the cart as the Sikh went into the court. After some time he came out, jumping in happiness. He said to Mahapursh, ‘By some miracle played by you I have won the case’. Sant Ji smiled and said, ‘It is by the grace of Akaal Purakh. Now I must leave but please listen carefully to what I am going to say:

• Do not try to steal what belongs to someone else
  • Try and spend as much time as you can in remembrance of God
  • According to your means try and help the poor and needy

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

• 5 months later...
  • 7 months later...