Akjuk Vaisakhi Rainsbhai & Amrit Sanchaar

AKJUK

Vaaheguroo Jee Kaa Khaalsaa! Vaaheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

With Waheguru`s Grace, a special commeration programme and Rainsbai Keertan & Amrit Sanchaar has been organised by Akhand Kirtani Jatha UK, to commemorate Vaisakhi and dedicated to the 30th Anniversary of the Shaheedi of the 13 Singhs in Amritsar 1978. These special commeration programme will be held on Sunday 20th April. The Raisnbhai & Amrit Sanchaar will be held on Saturday 26th April.

Special Commemoration Programme

The special commemoration programme will be held on Sunday 20th April at Singh Sabha Gurdwara, Grant Street, Bradford. It will include keertan and a presentation about the events of 1978 in english and punjabi by Jagjit Singh - author of Kurbani. This will include new research recently unearthed for the 3rd edition of Kurbani, which will be out later this year.

Reansbhai Keertan

The Rainsbhai Keertan will be on Saturday 26th April from 7pm at Guru Gobind Singh Gurdwara, Leeds Road, Bradford.

Transport

Coach transport will be leaving Southall at 4.30pm and Slough at 5pm. To book your place please contact Bhai Satnam Singh on 07956 519256.

Transport is also available from West Bromwich, Derby, Birmigham, East London.

Amrit Sanchar

The Amrit Sanchaar will be on Saturday 26th April starting at 8pm sharp at Guru Gobind Singh Gurdwara, Leeds Road, Bradford. Can all Abhlakhees contact Bhai Taranjeet Singh Coventry (07877888874) to provide their names for the Amrit Sanchaar. If you have questions, you can contact Bhai Jarnail Singh on 01926 771944.

If any persons do not have full Kakaars, then Akhand Kirtani Jatha UK will provide them as part of the Seva.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This Month, Akhand Kirtani Jatha will be doing in addition to the above, other smagams in Vancouver (Canada), Amritsar (Punjab), Atlanta (USA) and Toronto (Canada). Many of these will be broadcasted live on www.akj.org

Recordings of smagams from Patiala (Punjab), Walsall (UK), Vancouver (Canada), and Melbourne (Austrailia) are now available to download on www.akj.org

Recordings of the International Smagam are availble for uploading on

http://www.akj.org/skins/one/keertan.php?id=155

Pictures of International Hola Mohalla Smagam in West London are available on

http://www.akj.org/multimedia/pgallery/thu...124&page=14

Before the start of samagam, Giani Harbhajan Singh Chaminda and

myself expressed our desire for partaking Amrit. Bhai Sahib said, "Well, take full bath

and be present before the Akhand Path starts and listen to whole of the recitation." We

did as instructed. After Bhog of Akhand Path, keertan of Asa di Vaar was over by about

10.00 a.m. Panj Piyaras assembled in a room in the presence of Sri Guru Granth Sahib for

initiating new Khalsas. Bhai Sahib Randhir Singh Jee, Bhai Attar Singh Jee, Bhai Surjan

Singh Jee Gujarwal, Bhai Parbhakar Singh Jee Lalton and a Singh Jee from Phallewal

served as Panj Piyaras, and Jathedar Ram Singh Jee was in attendance to Sri Guru Granth

Sahib.

First Giani Harbhajan Singh appeared before Panj Piyaras. He was asked whether he was

married or not to which he replied that he was married. He was asked if his wife is also

with him and ready to partake Amrit. To which he replied that he has come alone. At this

he was told that both, he and his wife, should be present together. He alone cannot be

administered Amrit. Bhai Harbhajan Singh came out very dejected and weeping, he went

straight to a manger (Khurli) in the courtyard, threw himself in it and started wailing

uncontrollably. I tried to console him and find out the reason for his grief but he could not

utter a word. Then the Panj Piyaras called me; I went inside, bowed before the Guru and

stood up with folded hands. Thus proceeded questions and answers about my marital

"Are you married or not?"

"I am married."

"Then you can not be administered Amrit in the absence of your wife."

"It means that if my wife does not agree to partake Amrit I will have to die without

coming under the umbrage of Guru. I do not need a wife I need Amrit. Please find a way

to administer Amrit to me."

"You will have to pledge in the presence of Panj Piyaras and Guru that unless your wife

partakes Amrit and she is married to you as per Gurmat traditions by performing Anand

Karaj, you will not consider her as your wife."

As I had married as per Hindu rites. I agreed to this condition.

Bhai Sahib again said, "The pledge you are going to take before the Guru is difficult to

keep. Give a second thought to it."

I thought for a moment and replied, "I consider Panj Piyaras as living image of

omnipresent Guru. When in the presence of Guru, Sri Guru Granth Sahib, the living

image of the Guru, Panj Piyaras bless me then I will be able to face any difficult situation

and all problems would be solved."

"All right bow before the Guru, you will be administered Amrit."

I was very much attached with Giani Harbhajan Singh. I requested on his behalf,

"Harbhajan Singh is very upset. He is weeping and wailing and can not be consoled.

Please consider him also under similar condition." My plea was accepted and he was

called in again.

We were provided with yellow under turban (keski) and blue black outer turban. Each

one of us was also given a chakar to wear with the turban. We got ready after putting on

these things. My turn to partake Amrit came first. After administering Amrit to me, Naam

was drilled into me, I felt a cool stream flooding my body; and a

white light spread throughout my body by hearing Naam only once. I was asked to bow

before the Guru, which I did. After that I slipped into mystic abstraction and lost

consciousness of my surroundings.

I do not know who helped me aside to make place for

administering Amrit to Giani Harbhajan Singh. He also had the similar experience as in

my case. I was doing Simran with all my power. I was not aware of anything else than

Naam. I do not how much time elapsed before we (Giani Harbhajan Singh and myself)

became aware of our surroundings. After taking some food we moved towards the Dhab

of Male-ana (a small lake) on the boundary of Gujarwal and Narangwal. At this place

Bhai Sahib had spent many days and nights meditating and doing uninterrupted,

undisturbed Naam Simran. All the way I kept on observing a circular disc of light in front

of my face. On reaching the Dhab Bhai Sahib got busy in Naam Simran went into

Samadhi (mystic abstraction). Giani Harbhajan Singh and myself went to sleep.

After

some time we both woke up and had shock of our life as we observed our feet were

missing from our bodies. Bhai Sahib was still in Samadhi. We told Bhai Attar Singh

about our predicament. He told us not to worry and said that our feet are in the heart of

Bhai Sahib. He performed Ardaas and our feet were again attached to our bodies. Bhai

Sahib broke his Samadhi and led us, in the same intoxicated state, to his house at

Narangwal.

The Immediate Effect of an Akhand Paath and Amrit Smaagam

I received amrit in 1911 at village Fulayvaal in Ludhiana, at the home of a Singh. This

individual’s whole body was stiff due to some disease and he couldn’t move at all. He

had grown weary of trying to get some medical cure and still he could find not relief. Due

to the encouragement of a Singh in the Jatha, he expressed the desire that if his sickness

would be cured, he would organize and akhand paath saahib and secondly, he along with

his family would become amritdhaaree. Because of this, Bhai Saahib and the entire jathaa

arrived and the akhaand paath saahib commenced. The whole story can be found in the

book Ranglay Sajjan (Baba Ram Singh).

The result of the Akhand Paath Saahib was that at the middle of the paath, this individual

was lifted up by two Singhs and stood for the entire ardaas. By the end of the Akhand

Paath Saahib, the entire family was ready to accept amrit. Bhai Sahib Bhai Randheer

Singh jee himself was in the punj pyaaray.

The Amrit Sinchaar took place and the entire family received amrit and I too received

amrit at this time. Immediately after receiving amrit, the disease was gone and the Singh

could walk about easily. My spiritual state was seen by the punj pyaaray and cannot be

described in words. For the next fifteen days, I stayed in a state of ecstasy.

Akhand Paath & Amrit Sinchaar Smaagam

Bhai Saahib himself used to do akhand paaths and before commencing he used to tell the

paathees that they should do not only do paath but also sit in the akhand paath and listen

as well. They would only leave to go the bathroom or bathe. No one wrote the rauls for

the paathees. One paathee would be reading and another would automatically go and take

over. Many times that the reading paathee who was crying could only be relieved with

great difficulty.

Whichever gurmukhs wanted the gift of amrit, had to listen to the entire akhand paath.

After the akhand paath, there was Aasaa dee Vaar keertan and then the amrit sinchaar

would begin. Only the five Singhs have the right to administer amrit. All five must give

the handful of amrit, all five must put the amrit in the kes and all five must splash the

amrit in the eyes. Bhai Saahib was very insistent that no one person could become a

mahant and do everything himself.

Punj Pyaaray-For How Long?

One day I asked, “How long are the Punj Pyaaray the Punj Pyaaray?” Bhai Sahib replied

“When the Punj Pyaaray are completely ready to prepare amrit and the ardaas to prepare

amrit has occurred, from that point till when the amrit bata is ready and the ardaas after

administering the amrit has taken place, they are Punj Pyaaray. After that point, they are a

part of the regular sangat.

An Akhaand Paath Seen in an Earlier Time

Once Baoo Mul Singh jee took a leave from the army and arrived at Narangvaal to

request Bhai Saahib to organize and book an Akhand Paath at his home village of Sarlee.

Bhai Saahib agreed. Bhai Saahib jee returned to his village and later the entire Jatha

gathered at Narangvaal and a day before the start of the Akhand Paath got on a train from

Raipur. They arrived by train at the station. The scene had to been witnessed when

keertan started at the station. After four hours, we got off the train and Baoo jee had

arrived at the station bare foot. Baoo jee fell to the ground in ecstasy. The Jatha kept

doing keertan and we all were seeing Baoo jee’s spiritual state. Bhai Saahib jee then

embraced Baoo jee and the entire Jatha, doing keertan, began to walk towards Sarlee

village. Baoo jee was in a very deep vairaagmaaee state and was reciting the shabad “DUVI

ivc lufMdVI show nwnk qY sh nwly ]”

For four or five miles, the keertan continued. When the Jatha arrived at Sarlee village, the

entire village came out to hear the keertan. The Jatha, coloured by the intoxication of

keertan arrived at Baoo jee’s home. Baoo jee was completely enraptured. He was saying

to Sister Nihaal Kaur, “Today Akaal Purakh (in the form of the sangat) has come to your

house. Serve them to the extreme. This opportunity will not come again”.

Where the Akhand Paath was to be held, the Jatha began keertan there. Some had

parshaadaa and others remained lost in spiritual colours. Everyone must have rested only

about two hours and then after bathing, Aasaa dee vaar keertan began. The keertan ended

at about 10AM and the akhand paath saahib commenced. All the paathees and listeners

were in the presence of Guru Saahib. Baoo jee was sitting completely intoxicated.

Whatever we asked from Sister Nihaal Kaur, we received. Sree Maan Bhai Saahib

listened to the entire paath in one sitting. I was still new to all this and was amazed at

seeing it all. I was thinking, “what are these people made of? They don’t get tired of

doing keertan and they keep doing akhand paaths. They don’t even sleep and they rest so

little.”

On the third day, the akhand paath concluded. Keertan started. The keertan concluded at

about 12pm. Langar was ready but not one was ready to eat. They were all coloured in

divine colours and their eyes were mesmerized. No one spoke. Unknowing people like

me were stunned.

Everyone was lost in spirituality. I didn’t have that much love in me but seeing all the

Ranglay Sajjan satisfied me.

(Just to inform the sangat from Midlands)

Vaheguroo Jee Kaa Khalsa Vaheguroo Jee Kee Fateh,

With Akal Purakh Vaheguroo's Kirpa, a coach has been organised for the Rainsbhaee taking place on 26th April 08 in Bradford from Guru Nanak Gurdwara, Edward Street at 4.45pm. The coach will also be picking the Coventry sangat for 5.40pm from Gurdwara Sri Guru Singh Sabha, Cross Road. The coach will only take the sangat who has booked themselves a seat, to book a seat contact:

Maha Singh - 07512 198 799

Taranjeet Singh (Coventry) - 07877 888 874

All sangat that will be going on the coach please be at your pick up point 10 mins early, the coach will be coming back after bhog...

Gurfateh Jee

Vaheguroo Jee Ka Khalsaa! Vaheguroo Jee Ki Fatheh!

Saariyaa Sangathaa nu BENTHII aa ki Bradford diyaaa Sangathaa nu Darshan dekayy nihaal karnaa, athey Reansbaee Keertan vich hisaa paakey, Guroo di Sangat karkey athey Guroo dey Jas gaakey laahey praapath karney.

(In short, please attend the Reansbaee Keertan in Bradford and give all the local Sangat your Blessed Darshan!)

: D

Vaheguroo Jee Ka Khalsaa! Vaheguroo Jee Ki Fatheh!

With Waheguru`s Grace, a special commeration programme and Rainsbai Keertan & Amrit Sanchaar has been organised by Akhand Kirtani Jatha UK, to commemorate Vaisakhi and dedicated to the 30th Anniversary of the Shaheedi of the 13 Singhs in Amritsar 1978.

These special commeration programme will be held on Sunday 20th April.

The Raisnbhai & Amrit Sanchaar will be held on Saturday 26th April.

Special Commemoration Programme

The special commemoration programme will be held on Sunday 20th April at Singh Sabha Gurdwara, Grant Street, Bradford. It will include keertan and a presentation about the events of 1978 in english and punjabi by Jagjit Singh - author of Kurbani. This will include new research recently unearthed for the 3rd edition of Kurbani, which will be out later this year.

Reansbhai Keertan

The Rainsbhai Keertan will be on Saturday 26th April from 7pm at Guru Gobind Singh Gurdwara, Leeds Road, Bradford.

Transport

Coach transport will be leaving Southall at 4.30pm and Slough at 5pm. To book your place please contact Bhai Satnam Singh on 07956 519256.

Transport is also available from West Bromwich, Derby, Birmigham, East London.

Amrit Sanchar

The Amrit Sanchaar will be on Saturday 26th April starting at 8pm sharp at Guru Gobind Singh Gurdwara, Leeds Road, Bradford. Can all Abhlakhees contact Bhai Taranjeet Singh Coventry (07877888874) to provide their names for the Amrit Sanchaar. If you have questions, you can contact Bhai Jarnail Singh on 01926 771944.

If any persons do not have full Kakaars, then Akhand Kirtani Jatha UK will provide them as part of the Seva.

------------ --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- -

This Month, Akhand Kirtani Jatha will be doing in addition to the above, other smagams in Vancouver (Canada), Amritsar (Punjab), Atlanta (USA) and Toronto (Canada). Many of these will be broadcasted live on www.akj.org

Recordings of smagams from Patiala (Punjab), Walsall (UK), Vancouver (Canada), and Melbourne (Austrailia) are now available to download on www.akj.org

Recordings of the International Smagam are availble for uploading on

http://www.akj. org/skins/ one/keertan. php?id=155

Pictures of International Hola Mohalla Smagam in West London are available on

http://www.akj. org/multimedia/ pgallery/ thumbnails. php?album= 124&page=14