vaheguru ji ka khalsa vaheguru ji ki fateh

http://www.sikhsangat.com/index.php?showtopic=36193

Before reading the sakhi below could I request all Sikhs of Dhan Guru Nanak Dev Ji Maharaj to post stories about Satguru Sri Guru Gobind Singh Ji Maharaj for the next few weeks? As Sikhs of that Guru we are meant to follow our Guru’s footsteps and if we don’t even know where he walked how can we follow him? So please even if it’s a very well known sakhi please post so we can all learn something about our beautiful friend, father, king and guru.

The topic has only had 3 Sakhian posted in reply since Sunday. It feels like we are all really keen to make jokes or watch videos on youtube but when it comes to discussing or sharing our own history there are so few people to be seen. We look at others and tell them off for being immature or making useless 'non-sikh'/'relationship' topics but then we ourselves don't make the effort to change the forum. If we don't even have time for this then why do we get angry when Governments try to burn our historical records? We are the sons and daughters of Siri Guru Gobind Singh Ji Maharaj but nowadays it feels like stones will bleed before our generation's foundation of their family history is solid. This is a plea not to let that happen at least not on Sikhsangat. Even though it's 'only an internet forum', it's a forum that a lot of people spend time on and while we're on it Guru Saheb can still see what we type and how much time we really devote to Sikhi.

I'm very sorry in advance if you feel what I have said is negative or lecturie but I am upset that as a whole we only know 3 Sakhian of our King. So please try to take just 5 or 10 minutes from your day to share what you know about Satguru Siri Guru Gobind Singh Ji.

Thank you : )

vaheguru ji ka khalsa vaheguru ji ki fateh

Once, a Sikh made a request before the Guru Ji, "O true King! I am grieved by the world. Eliminate the pain of birth and death. Save me from sins. I am in your protection. I am illiterate".

Guru Ji said, "Brother Sikh! You are blessed that you became detached (from the world). An fool cannot get sense without education. One should get education. An uneducated person cannot understand anything. The God meets him, whose pronunciation of 'Bani' is perfect. Brother! Do study.

Guru Ji asked the 'Granthi' to teach that Sikh with love. The 'Granthi' started to teach him. While teaching, he taught him this line of Anand Sahib prayer, "Anand bhya meree maaye, Satguroo main paaya." (The heavenly pleasure occurred, O my mother, for I have found my True Guru).

The Sikh recited this line with love and went reciting it. Sometimes, he would eat from 'langar' (the community kitchen). His faith increased reciting this line.

After six months, Guru Ji asked the Granthi, "Did he learn?"

He replied, "He did not return after learning one line."

Guru Ji called for that Sikh and asked, "You were sent to learn."

He replied with folded hands, "Guru Ji! One line is enough. When the True Guru has been found, 'Anand' is gotten. (Without getting the 'Anand') more reciting is the act of 'Bemukhs'."

Guru Ji smiled and said, "You are 'nihaal' (bliss). Your cycle of birth and death has been curtailed.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There was once a bridge which spanned a large river. During most of the day the bridge sat with its length running up and down the river paralleled with the banks, allowing ships to pass thru freely on both sides of the bridge. But at certain times each day, a train would come along and the bridge would be turned sideways across the river, allowing a train to cross it.

A switchman sat in a small shack on one side of the river where he operated the controls to turn the bridge and lock it into place as the train crossed. One evening as the switchman was waiting for the last train of the day to come, he looked off into the distance thru the dimming twilight and caught sight of the trainlights. He stepped to the control and waited until the train was within a prescribed distance when he was to turn the bridge. He turned the bridge into position, but, to his horror, he found the locking control did not work. If the bridge was not securely in position it would wobble back and forth at the ends when the train came onto it, causing the train to jump the track and go crashing into the river. This would be a passenger train with many people aboard.

He left the bridge turned across the river, and hurried across the bridge to the other side of the river where there was a lever switch he could hold to operate the lock manually. He would have to hold the lever back firmly as the train crossed. He could hear the rumble of the train now, and he took hold of the lever and leaned backward to apply his weight to it, locking the bridge. He kept applying the pressure to keep the mechanism locked. Many lives depended on this man's strength.

Then, coming across the bridge from the direction of his control shack, he heard a sound that made his blood run cold. "Daddy, where are you?" His four-year-old son was crossing the bridge to look for him. His first impulse was to cry out to the child, "Run! Run!" But the train was too close; the tiny legs would never make it across the bridge in time. The man almost left his lever to run and snatch up his son and carry him to safety.

But he realized that he could not get back to the lever. Either the people on the train or his little son must die. He took a moment to make his decision. The train sped safely and swiftly on its way, and no one aboard was even aware of the tiny broken body thrown mercilessly into the river by the onrushing train. Nor were they aware of the pitiful figure of the sobbing man, still clinging tightly to the locking lever long after the train had passed.

They did not see him walking home more slowly than he had ever walked: to tell his wife how their son had brutally died.

Now if you comprehend the emotions which went thru this man's heart, you can begin to understand the feelings of our Father, Satguru Sri Guru Gobind Singh Ji when He sacrificed not only his sons, not only his whole family but everything he ever had to bridge the gap between us and waheguru.

Like the people in the train....we dont even realise what a sacrifice Guru ji has made for us....

A man named Jack was walking along a steep cliff one day when he accidentally got too close to the edge and fell. On the way down he grabbed a branch, which temporarily stopped his fall. He looked down and to his horror saw that the canyon fell straight down for more than a thousand feet. He couldn't hang onto the branch forever, and there was no way for him to climb up the steep wall of the cliff.

So Jack began yelling for help, hoping that someone passing by would hear him and lower a rope or something. "HELP! HELP! Is anyone up there? "HELP!" He yelled for a long time, but no one heard him. He was about to give up when he heard a voice.

"Jack, Jack. Can you hear me?"

"Yes, yes! I can hear you. I'm down here!"

"I can see you, Jack. Are you all right?"

"Yes, but who are you, and where are you?

"I am the Lord, Jack. I'm everywhere."

"The Lord? You mean, GOD?"

"That's Me."

"God, please help me! I promise if, you'll get me down from here, I'll stop sinning. I'll be a really good person. I'll serve You for the rest of my life."

"Easy on the promises, Jack. Let's get you off from there, then we can talk."

"Now, here's what I want you to do. Listen carefully."

"I'll do anything, Lord. Just tell me what to do."

"Okay. Let go of the branch."

"What?"

"I said, let go of the branch." Just trust Me. Let go."

There was a long silence.

Finally Jack yelled, "HELP! HELP! IS ANYONE ELSE UP THERE?"

Have you ever felt like Jack? We say that we want to know the will of Guru Ji, but when we find out what it is, we can't handle it. Sounds too scary, too difficult. We decide to look elsewhere. When Satguru Sri Guru Gobind Singh Ji Maharaj stands infront of us with his sword in his hand, and says, "Let go of the things that stand between you and Me, and trust Me with your life, give me your head" it sounds pretty scary. But when we let go, we find his hands are the safest place to be in.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

One Jagga Singh performed most assiduous service for Guru Gobind Singh Ji Maharaj and was consequently much envied by his fellow servants. Some said that several men and women had done similar service and gone away ungrateful, and Jagga Singh was not superior to any of his predecessors.

Others said that he being a new servant was no doubt diligent, but his zeal would soon evaporate. All knowing Satguru Sri Guru Gobind Singh Ji knew what was being said about his beloved Jagga Singh so he sent for a vessel of water, a stone and some sweets.

He put the stone and sweets into the water. After a short time he ordered them to be taken out. The stone came out as whole, however, the sweets had all dissolved. Guru Ji read his servants a moral lesson from what they had seen.

He said, that those who served him well and heartily, blended with him as the sweets had done with the water; while those who served him for show and appearance, had hearts like the stone which never dissolved.

Guru Ji then ordered that no one should in the future molest or speak evil of his faithful sevant Bhai Jagga Singh.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bhai Bela Jee was a Gursikh during the times of Guroo Gobind Singh Jee. He came to Guroo Jee and asked if he could stay at Anandpur Sahib. Guroo Jee consented so long as Bhai Bela agreed to partake in Seva. He was asked what form of Seva he wished to partake in, such as, langar seva, recite Bani or join the Guroo’s army and fight in the battlefield. Bhai Bela replied that he could not cook, read Gurbani or knew how to use shashtars. Thus Guroo Jee assigned Bhai Bela Jee the duty of looking after the horses and their stables. At the same time Bhai Bela Jee would be taught Gurbani by Guroo Jee.

Guroo Jee started by teaching Bhai Bela Jee one line of the Japjee Sahib per day. Bhai Bela Jee would spend his whole day, whilst fulfilling his daily chores, repeating that same line. The following morning he would recite it back to Guroo Jee to make sure that he had memorised it correctly, and thus he could progress and go on to learn the next line.

One day, Bhai Bela Jee came to Guroo Jee ready for his next lesson. However Guroo Jee was busy and was preparing to go out. Just as Guroo Jee was about to leave, Bhai Bela Jee got in the way saying, “Guroo Jee, I am ready for my next lesson. I want to learn the next line of JapJee Sahib.” Guroo Gobind Singh Jee replied, “Bhai Bela, na vakhat veecharai naa veyla” meaning, “Bhai Bela, you are not considering the circumstances I am in; I am busy and must go out.”

Yet Bhai Bela Jee was so innocent and obedient, that he understood Guroo Jee’s comment to be the next line of the JapJee Sahib and spent his whole day practising the phrase. When the other Sevadaars heard Bhai Bela Jee, they started laughing and began mocking him. But Bhai Bela Jee ignored them and continued reciting the phrase, eager to learn it well so that he could please Guroo Jee the next morning by reciting it correctly.

The following morning when Bhai Bela Jee went to meet Guroo Jee, the rest of the Sevadaars had gathered there as well. They wanted to see Guroo Jee get angry with Bhai Bela Jee for incorrectly reciting the JapJee Sahib. However, when Bhai Bela Jee recited the line “Bhai Bela, na vakhat veecharai naa veyla,” Guroo Jee instead got up and embraced Bhai Bela Jee.

Guroo Jee said, “this is what a true Sikh is. He does not allow his own intelligence to get in the way of his Guroo’s words. He believes his Guroo’s Bachan to be 100% true and does not consider his own intellect to be above that of his Guroo’s.”

Too often we judge ourselves to be cleverer and more knowledgeable than our Guroo. Bhai Bela Jee sacrificed himself entirely to the Guroo’s words. He was so innocent, subservient and obedient that he placed his faith entirely in the Guroo’s Bachan, forsaking his own mind and intellect.

May Guroo Jee bless us with such pyaar, sharda and faith to forever live according to His Hukam, which is conveyed to us through His Shabad.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Guru Gobind Singh Jee was sitting in the congregation with Sangat. He had with him a stone and a bucket full of water. He threw the stone into the bucket and the stone sunk to the bottom. He then asked the Sangat why the stone sunk?

One person said that it sunk because it was a stone … a stone always sinks. But Guru Jee asked why is it that the stone sunk? Another Sangatee responded that it was going to sink because it is heavy … a heavy object will always sink in water. Guru Sahib Jee responded that this was not the right answer. He asked people to give the right answer. No-one had a clue - they could not overcome their scientific way of thinking.

Finally, Guru Gobind Singh Jee turned to Bhai Nand Lal Jee. Bhai Nand Lal Jee was sitting at the bottom of Guru Jee’s Takhat, and as soon as Guru Jee asked him, Bhai Nand Lal Jee started crying. Guru Jee said “Nand Lal, why are you crying? Give an answer to my question.”

Bhai Nand Lal Jee responded, “when the stone was with you, it was afloat in this world. When the stone left you, it sunk.” Guru Gobind Singh Jee was very happy with Bhai Nand Lal Jee and gave him a tight embrace.

Guru Jee gave this as an example of what happens to us when we leave the Guru. When we leave the True Guru, we all sink. When we stay with the Guru, Guru Sahib carries us across the Ocean to Waheguroo.

How can we stay with Guru Sahib so that we too are carried across the Ocean? We must submit ourselves to him by taking Khande-Battae-Da-Amrit. We must follow the Rehits provided to us by Guru Sahib … each and everyone is designed to carry us across. We must abstain from the Bujjar Kurehits, since these only lead to pain and suffering.

We must follow the Nitnem routine provided to us by Guru Jee. Baba Nand Singh Jee used to say that when we do Nitnem, we offer our arm out to Guru Jee to carry us across. By doing Nitnem, Guru Nanak Dev Jee will never let go of our arm. But when fail in our Nitnem, we take away our offering arm. How can Guru Jee carry us across then?

We must follow our Guru. Our Guru is the Shabad … we must immerse ourselves in it. When we immerse ourselves in the Shabad, there is nothing that can cause us to sink, since the Shabad forms a protection barrier all around us to carry us across.

gur kw sbdu rKvwry ]

gur kaa sabadh rakhavaarae ||

The Word of the Guru's Shabad is my Saving Grace.

caukI cauigrd hmwry ]

choukee chougiradh hamaarae ||

It is a guardian posted on all four sides around me.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A young goldsmith one day presented himself before Satguru Sri Guru Gobind Singh Ji and began to fan him. He said that his father had taken the charanpahul in vogue at the time of the preceding Gurus. The youth's mother accompanied him, and Guru Ji invited them both to stay with him.

To make a trial of the goldsmith's skill, Guru Ji gave him ten muhars to convert into ornaments. When the work was subsequently submitted for Guru Jis inspection he was pleased, and ordered the treasurer to keep the young artisan supplied with gold, and store all ornaments he made in his treasury.

Guru Ji asked the goldsmith if he had any faults. He replied, 'O great King, I am the slave of your feet, I only seek the society of the saints.'

Upon this, Guru Ji replied, 'He who possesses great talents must possess some fault. What is yours?' The man possessing talent who has no fault must be in God's own image'. The young man however would not admit any imperfection.

After this he was allowed to take as much gold as he pleased to work upon. It was never weighed to him, and he was never asked how much he had taken. ONe day Guru Ji told his treasurer to weigh for the future, without the goldsmith's knowledge, all the gold dispensed to him. Upon this the treasurer weighed out twenty tolas of gold.

When the goldsmith presented the ornaments made therefrom, they were found to weigh only seventeen tolas. Upon this Guru Ji ordered that all the ornaments the youth had made since his arrival to be produced and weighed.

The treasurer found them to be far short of the amount of gold taken from the treasury. On this Guru Ji remonstrated with the young goldsmith. 'You said you had no fault. But what greater fault can they be than to misuse what is entrusted to you? Did you not recieve your wages from the Guru's house, and was that not sufficient remuneration for you? You are as evil as the masands I have been punishing. I am pleased with whose who, though they may coarse garbs, eat what they lawfully earn.'

It is said on this censure the youth reformed his ways.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

One day in conversation with the Guru the Emperor maintained that if any one were to repeat the Muslim creed, they will not be consigned to hell. Guru Ji denied that the creed had that efficacy. If any one after repeating it were to do evil, the repetition of the creed would not avail him. The Emperor asked how he was to be assured of that.

Guru Ji replied, 'The creed is stamped on your rupee; we shall see the effect of this'. Guru Ji secretly sent a bad rupee to the market place to be changed. The money changer looked at it and at once rejected it ad counterfeit. It was then taken to the other money-changers with the same result.

Guru Ji then addressed the emperor, 'See, in your own empire, even in your own market place, no one has paid any regard to your creed engraved on this rupee, so how shall it conduct men to heaven?' Today you enjoy your empire, and you can do what you please. If here in your presence this bad rupee even with the creed on it cannot pass, how can it be accepted by another monarch? In God's court gilding will not avail you. The counterfeit and the genuine distinguished there, and men obtain the reward or punishment according to their acts.

Your creed, therefore, as in the present case, cannot avail you for admission into heaven without good actions. When all accounts are called for by the Great Examiner, it is only those who show balances to their credit who shall be delivered.'

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It had been 3 days, long hot summer days. Sukh Nidhaan Singh was close to dyeing, as he lay there in a wooden cage on a cart drawn by two horses.

He had been captured by the mughal forces near the jungles of afhgan. He hadn't slept or eaten properly for days so he was weak when he was pounced upon by the mughal soldiers. he had put up a good fight and even killed a few of them, but he was injured and he was overpowered and captured. The mughal soldiers had tied him upside down from a tree and beaten him severely. the mughal Soldiers thought that instead of killing him they would take him to their Nawaab, he would be pleased with the fine specimen of Sikh warrior they had caught. They thought it would be a good challenge to try and convert this Kafir.

It had been 5 months of travelling since Sukh nidhaan had seen another Sikh. the last time was 5 months ago he met a Sikh messenger travelling to take news to Baba Deep Singh ji. When he met the gursikh he fell to the floor and cried at the gursikhs feet. the gursikh embraced him and comforted him. the gursikh had to leave immediately as his message was of great urgency. Sukh Nidhaan Singh told him that he was travelling towards Amritsaar to meet his brothers once again. they both said there fateh! and departed. and that was five months ago... and how he longed to be with his family of Sikhs once again.

he remembered the times when he was together with his band of fellow Sikh Warriors. they were a band of Sikh warriors who had been given the duty to uproot certain mughal bases and strongholds to damage the great mughal force. they were given the task of also rescuing any kidnapped women taken as slaves by the mughals and returning them to their villages. He was now the last of his Jatha and now, even he had been caught and was being taken to the nawaab of this District.

He lay in the small cage barely big enough to sit in and he was dyeing slowly. the energy had been sucked from him by the beatings and the immense sun. Suddenly he was awoken as water splashed onto his face. A mughal Soldier on horseback trotting alongside the carriage laughed and drank some water form his pouch and spat at Sukh Nidhaan Singh once again.

"Not long to go now.... you DOG!" the mughal laughed again at Sukh Nidhaan Singh.

Another mughal ahead shouted "We're almost there I can see the tower from here"

two other mughal soldiers pulled up alongside the moving carriage on horseback from behind and they mocked Sukh nidhaan Singh;

"HaHa! you'd better be ready, soon, you will have the honour of becoming one of US! and not a dog like your kind"

Sukh Nidhaan Singh stared at the soldier fiercely, and as he struggled "Never...ever.. I will die... first" the mughals continued to mock him...

"yes we've caught many of your kind, and most of them chose the wealth and the riches. after a few beatings they always come round to OUR way of thinking"

"Yes! even last month there was that big one, one of your Sikhs, he was beaten in public and after he was begging to be accepted by us."

"Yes countless Sikh have changed, and they now live in luxury with good homes and women, a big reward awaits you if you make the right decision.

Sukh Nidhaan Singh was hurt at the thought of his Sikh brothers giving up and betraying their Guru and the Khalsa. It seriously damaged his esteem and he started to wonder.. if he had the strength to keep his love for Gurujee until death... if so many had given up.. then what would become of him.. Who was he? was he any different.... He pondered on his situation and the anxiety he felt deeply as he heard the mughals laughing and telling stories of how many Sikhs had been converted and now served the mughal empire.

As he looked into the distance along the long rough road, he saw fields and field of flowers in the distance, he wondered what place this was. his eyes were to weak and damaged to see properly. But he could make out the many fields stretching into the vast horizon. he lay back in the cage and wondered about his Sikh brothers and what would become of him and he made a plea to Satguru...

"Oh Guru! teacher of truth. great warrior from the heavens.. I know now that my end is near. Please Gurujee, PLEASE! bless me with the courage to uphold justice and dharam to the end. May I Die but never let go of your hand. You are my mighty guardian and now Satguru I ask of you, please bless me with the strength and valour to persevere to the end and die a noble death but never give up my beloved Sikhi and the hair on my head. And Satgurujee Dyaal! please bless me with the darshan of gursikhs once again, my eyes are thirsting for the vision of my beloved Khalsa warriors, my family the Khalsa" And at that he lay back lifeless in his cage. With Gods name on his Mind... he repeated again and again... Vaaahegrooohhh.... vaaaahegroohhh... Vaaahegroohh..... vaaahegroohhh...." ...A few minutes and he lost himself in meditation.

Suddenly!! the cart jolted and Sukh Nidhaan Singh ji was awoken from his lazy meditation. He looked out into the fields and saw the Flowers. He couldn't believe his eyes... he sat upright and he looked in amazement! He could not contain the emotion and the tears started to pour from his eyes.... every single pore on his body stood to attention... and he felt them shiver..... through his soul....

THE FLOWERS.. he had seen were not flowers... but they were fields and fields of Spears stuck into the ground... ..and on each spear he saw the Head of a Khalsa Warrior. Some scalped, some beaten, some without the eyes, some burnt, some boiled.. and some he recognised.... alas. he had the darshan of the khalsa once again.. and the sight was too beautiful.... there ware fields and fields of Gursikhs heads on Spears as far as he could see into the distance... the tears he could not contain....

The mughals thought that this site would break Sukh Nidhaan Singh down... but Sukh Nidhaan Singh Sat upright in the cage with a firm look of Strength and nobility on his face... he thought he should show a brave face to his Sikh brothers.... the Emotion powerful... he felt his spirits rise to the skies.. his strength came back.

He Was so proud of these great warriors, his brothers the, KHALSA, They had dies but not given up their Love for Sikhi, Truth and justice. They had not wavered in the face of torture... and had kept their faith till the end. this Gave him strength and Courage and he thought to himself. "I was a fool to even doubt for a second, that my true khalsa would give up and lose. they fought till the end and maintained there principles." he smiled and wiped away the tears and out of joy he let out the war cry of the Khalsa, to pay homage to the great martyrs.

"SAT SREEEE AKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLL!!!!!!!"

GUR BAR AKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLL!!!!!!

DEGH TEGH FATEH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sukh Nidhaan Singh over the few coming days was offered many pleasures and riches and he was also tortured and beaten terribly. but at every moment he remembered the flowers in the fields... IT gave him Strength.

He was tortured severely and on the third day when the mughals had given up , they left him to die a painful slow death as they tied him to a tree and left him to die in the sunlight overlooking the fields. bruised, battered and barely alive, Sukh Nidhaan Singh lifted his head and again he saw the fields. He smiled and welcomed Death. The pain was immense but he knew that it was worth it, as he had beaten the mughals. they could kill him but they could not take away his faith.

As hours went by Sukh Nidhaan Singh continued to meditate on the lords name. He looked out into the fields to his khalsa one last time... and he saw in the distance a figure walking through fields. He saw that it was a Khalsa Warrior in blue dress decked with weapons. as the figure slowly came closer he saw that the warrior was approaching each spear and kissing the forehead of each shaheed. As he came closer Sukh Nidhaan Singh ji saw from a distance that it was Guru Gobind Singh ji himself.

He remembered that the Sikhs were like flowers and when they reached their most beautiful form, Gurujee would come to pick the flowers as shaheeds - martyrs.

There was once a jogi, everyone used to say'' oooh that jogi is very good, does so much bandagi and doesnt speak at all etc'' then Guru Gobind Singh jee told some singhs to bring the jogi. as the jogi didnt speak, and didnt say anything, Gurujee told the singhs to look after teh jogi for a week, to give him meals 3 times a day, to give him a great room to rest in and basically to look after him, once the jogi was sent with the singhs, Gurujee told another singh that do the complete opposite to what i said.

as the jogi entered the room, it was nothing what he expected.

the singhs left him in that room, and locked it, the jogi.... Venerable cuz he cudnt speak cuz he was soo ''religious'' was shocked to see the room just empty.

th singhs gave him no balnkets, no bed to rest on, and no meals.

the jogi was furious, but as ''couldnt speak'' he didint/ couldnt say anything,

it had been a week, on the 7th day, Gurujee told the singhs to get the jogi.

Gurujee asked the singhs infront of the jogi, that did u treat the jogi with respect? did u give him a cosy room to rest? food?

the singhs replied: ''yess we did,''

the jogi was even more FURIOUS! :o cuz he knew that he had none of it!!

as the singhs started telling Gurujee how nicley they treated him the jogi bursted out:

that NOOO.... THEY GAVE ME NO FOOD

NO BED

NOTHING!!!

Gurujee then said '' what happned? u were so religious, fooled ppl that u do bandagi and that you wont speak to anyone all ur life.. what happned?? y speak all of a sudden??

this shows: that the jogi coloured his clothes,( wore fake religious robes) and didnt dye is mind in vahegurus love.

Guru Gobind Singh Jee threw a stone and a patasa in a river at the same time, :

Mahraj said to a Singh, get these2 out , the singh put his hand into the water and got out the stone. He said :

'Maharaj there is no patasa'

Gurjees said, the stone represents us!! The patasa represents gurskihs! Gursikhs get totally absorbed into vahegurus love and his bani, that they dissolve exactly like the patasa, the stone on the other hand still floats, and remains the same….. still hard and has the same consistency, which is unchanged. The stone represents us because he said, we listen to bani, we go gurdwara, and we may matha tek as much as we want but we still dont change our ways! We still do not understand, contemplate and reflect vahegurus sweet bani.

:WW: :pray:

once maharaj called his singhs to bring some dogs from a nearby pind. After the dogs were brought, they brought some chaul from the langar. Maharaj told the singhs to let the dogs loose in front of the chaul. They fought over the rice, eventually scatering the fod everywhere, and nearly killing each other in the process.

the next day, maharaj brought some food from the langar, and some singhs and brought them to the jungle

he told them to set the food down and wait, so the singhs did. After some time, some deer came walking out of the nearby trees, smelling food. One by one they lined up, eating their small share of food and allowing the next deer to eat its share.

After the dear were done, maharaj called the singhs together to explain this teaching.

"You can be like the dogs, and bicker and fight, causing only your own self destruction. Be liek the deer, sharing your earnings and live in harmony, and the panth will be successful"

btw, lowest bhenji, i am (as im sure everyone else is) incredibly sorry for not replying to the ealier thread

Guest peacemaker

One day, a Sikh was reciting the a holy composition from Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji. He read the line, "Karte kee mit Karta jaanai, 'ke' jaanai Gur soora". (The word 'kai' was wrongly pronounced. He pronounced it as 'ke').

When Guru Ji listened to this, he ordered his Sikhs to cane the man. Other Sikhs prayed, "Guru Ji, why did you get this Sikh caned? A person, who recites even a single line of your bani, he is liberated; but this Sikh recited (whole of the composition of) 'Oankaar' and is beaten".

Guru Ji smiled and said, "Brother! He did not 'research' before reading."

Guru Ji asked that Sikh what he read. The Sikh again read that line wrongly.

Guru Ji said "Pronounce this line, as 'Karte kee mit Kartaa jaanai, 'kai' jaanai Gur soora'.

"Brother! The meaning of this line is like this, 'The Creator knows His extent or the warrior Guru knows'. This Sikh mispronounced a vowel, which distorted the meanings like this, 'The Creator knows His extent. What does Guru know?' This is the contrary meaning. Sikh brothers! He, who pronounces the bani accurately, will be liberated. One who does not recite the Bani correctly will be punished.”

guru hargobind sahib ji asked if any sikhs in the sangat could come up and recite Japji Sahib perfectly, making no mistake. None of the sangat volunteered. guru sahib then selected one of his Sikhs to try doing it (i forgot his name, sorry). He read perfectly, and as went though recitng, maharaj became more and more impressed, so that by the time the Sikh reached the 36th pauri, maharaj began to consider giving him the gurgaddi, the highest seat of authority in the Sikh faith. However, at about te same time, the Sikh started thinking about the new Arabs (horses) maharaj had recently bought. If he could have one of the horses, he would be content. So after Japji Sahib was samapt, Maharaj called to some seva daars to bring one of the horses, and presented it to the Sikh. The Sikh was astonished that Maharaj knew exactly what he asked for.

"Sikhaa, don't be so surprised, I was ready to give you my gurgaddi, but you asked for a horse. So here you go."

One day a pandit nitha? chand approached Guru Hargobind Sahib Ji and said

"Maharaaj ji I see that some of your Sikhs are liars"

Guroo Sahib asked "how is that?"

Pandit explains by saying "when they (your sikhs) close their eyes they say that they are sachkhand, and when they open their eyes they are back on this world"

Guroo Sahib gives a bachan to the pandit "Go and recite mool mantar for 20-22hrs a day and do langar di sewa for sangat, sleep and eat little. Do this for 6 months and then come back to me"

So the pandit, wanting to prove everyone wrong goes ahead and dedicates 6 months of his life to sewa and simran.

After 6 months the pandit returns and kneels before Guroo Sahib in the darbar.

Guroo Sahib asks "so?"

the pandit replies "Maharaaj i don't know what to say.........now everytime i close my eyes i am in sachkhand and everytime i open them i am back here on this earth."

Taken from katha by Giani Thakur Singh ji