Questions From A Young Christian

Philip777

Just a random subject that come to mind:

Christian Churches and SLAVERY. This is one subject that Christians (and you could include muslims) would like to hide in the closet.

Just a few months ago , somehow for some reason I mentioned the christian hymn "Amazing Grace" in a converstaion about some subject to a couple of older Christians. They had no idea its connection to slavery of this hymn.!

During the slave trade the white slave traders believed that balck slaves did not have souls.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, of course as God he was all-knowing. But as a human being, Jesus was not a high intellectual. And he didn't only speak to great thinkers, students or scientists, but for ordinary people, and he himself lived the life of nordinary people. That's all I'm saying.

That doesn't make sense... that paragraph just contradicted itself... u said he's all knowing, but not high intellectual.. a person can be of high intellect and enlightened and still live a simple and ordinary life... i.e. Guru Nanak Dev Jee :)

And to answer your question, Jesus didn't disagree with anything in the New Testament : he came to accomplish. The whole story of the Old Testament is the announcing of a Saviour to come who would save man of his sin. And Jesus is this Saviour. The Old and New Testament aren't separate, they are a complete unity : the Old Testament announces Jesus, the New Testament tells of his coming.

Jesus would have been capable to write his own Testament, surely. But there was no need for it : the New Testament is simply the testimony of what Jesus did, by those who believed in him while he was on Earth, for those who believe in him after he left Earth.

You have just admitted it not being needed...Thus its creation is the word of man, not the word of God...

Hello philip,how are you i hope you are doing well.

I would like to start a debate with you regarding the authencity of the bible.

First i would like to know if you agree with me that there can only be one Truth, ie 2 and 2 can only be 4.. not 5, nor 6, but only 4?

if this is the case, can we agree on the fact that whether Guru Granth Sahib or The Bible is the Truth, it CAN NOT contradict it self..

If the book contradicts it self it must mean that the book is either not the Word of God, or that God is a confused God who can't ceep stories straight..

Hello philip,how are you i hope you are doing well.

I would like to start a debate with you regarding the authencity of the bible.

First i would like to know if you agree with me that there can only be one Truth, ie 2 and 2 can only be 4.. not 5, nor 6, but only 4?

if this is the case, can we agree on the fact that whether Guru Granth Sahib or The Bible is the Truth, it CAN NOT contradict it self..

If the book contradicts it self it must mean that the book is either not the Word of God, or that God is a confused God who can't ceep stories straight..

Okay. Yes I agree with you, and I accept to try a debate.

But not here, it wouldn't be convenient. I'll send you my e-mail by private message.

Thanks for replying Philip, I'm sure Admin won't mind you quoting the passage of Jesus as a 12 year old, but can you give me the reference? I'll look it up.

Oh sorry, I completely forgot tol answer.

The reference is Luke 2 verses 40 to 52. I won't wuote as no admin answered to give me permission to.

I was reading yahoo groups today and came across this reply to one the threads headed "Sikhs reached by contextualizing gospel"

"I am not surprised. In 1976 I attended a interfaith meeting, most of them were

Christian Pastors. They were interested in knowing about the Sikh Religion. I

happened to glance through the set of papers in front of the pastor sitting next

to me. He had a full lesson plan about Sikhism, how to become friends with the

Sikhs, how not to belittle their belief system, how to start socializing with

them and over this time period how to to introduce them to the Gospel.

Christian missionaries have never given up, members of the royal family of

Kapurthala converted a long time ago. It is becoming easier to convert people

now. With many SIkhs running after Sants and babas, Jesus is coming to them as

another Satguru. Our own Sikh Missionaries are so busy arguing with each

other. There is no concerted effort to preach and promote Sikhism. Whenever

a vacuum is created there will be rush to fill up the empty space. Christians

are only availing an opportunity to fill that space, can we blame them? Punjab

is fertile ground for conversions, one can see churches springing up all over.

Most missionaries are Sikh converts to Chrisitanity. who are moving back from

Canada or other foreign lands. "Ghar ka bhedi lanka dhayye" .."

"Sikha" please do not debate via pm. We would like to know whats been said to you.

Jesus would have been capable to write his own Testament, surely. But there was no need for it : the New Testament is simply the testimony of what Jesus did, by those who believed in him while he was on Earth, for those who believe in him after he left Earth.

This proofs that Jesus was not of a good character. For one thing he did not condemn slavery outright.

I brought the subject of "slavery" before and now I will bring another subject forward.

"hatred for Jews and Judaism"

Why would a supposedly son of god allow anti-Judaism and anti-Jewish elements in his teaching?

The so called 'Dharam-prachar Committee' of SGPC exists in name only. Also i too would like to know about the debate between Sikha and Phillip.

This proofs that Jesus was not of a good character. For one thing he did not condemn slavery outright.

I brought the subject of "slavery" before and now I will bring another subject forward.

"hatred for Jews and Judaism"

Why would a supposedly son of god allow anti-Judaism and anti-Jewish elements in his teaching?

Is there a historical proof that Jesus ever existed?

Guest peacemaker

Ahhhh, to hell with all your "proofs" and trying to bring down the image that people have of Jesus! I'm tired of it and it is getting so old, UKGUPTKAUR. Give it a rest, GIRL! Find something productive to do instead of finding faults in other religions. To think you could form an opinion so fast by what some stranger said on the internet is truly dumbfounding. You need to do hours and hours of research before making such claims, but you shouldn't be doing that in the first place. Stop your internet preaching and go do some studying!

SIKHS LOVE ALL RELIGIONS AND NEVER JUDGE THEIR PROPHETS/LEADERS!!!