I Need Some Support

Guest uk bibi

Guest uk bibi

Gurfateh ji,

Is there anyone out there who feels that they can support me? I'm struggling with life at the moment, without going into too much detail here. In fact I dont even know how to explain. Basically, i started to grow my kesh a few months ago and cut egg out of my diet, as i was already vegetarian for a while. I feel comfortable with my kesh now, I cover my hair. I'm currently learning nitem in english, as i dont know punjabi yet. I'm trying to live as best as I can according to guru ji's hukam... i feel as though i need more help, whether i should be asking on here or not i dont know. I dont get up at amrit vela very often and i dont do all of nitem. I feel as though i need someone to help me to progress/ support me. There's one other thing that's making my life a misery i dont want to really explain here but if you think you could help me then please pm me.

thank you for your time.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

don't rely on individual humans for support, there will always be a failing somewhere. Grasp support of Guroo Maharaj and the sangat(sitting in kirtan) alone. Do ardas and take a hukamnama. If you cant get to mahraj physically take one online its the same. Follow the hukam to each word as best as you can.

I took the liberty to take this online hukamnama for you, look at how merciful guroo sahib his :

ਪਾਛੰ ਕਰੋਤਿ ਅਗ੍ਰਣੀਵਹ ਨਿਰਾਸੰ ਆਸ ਪੂਰਨਹ ॥

Pācẖẖaʼn karoṯ agarṇīveh nirāsaʼn ās pūrnah.

Those who were left behind - the Lord brings them to the front. He fulfills the hopes of the hopeless.

ਨਿਰਧਨ ਭਯੰ ਧਨਵੰਤਹ ਰੋਗੀਅੰ ਰੋਗ ਖੰਡਨਹ ॥

Nirḏẖan bẖa­yaʼn ḏẖanvanṯah rogī­aʼn rog kẖandnah.

He makes the poor rich, and cures the illnesses of the ill.

ਭਗਤ੍ਯ੍ਯੰ ਭਗਤਿ ਦਾਨੰ ਰਾਮ ਨਾਮ ਗੁਣ ਕੀਰਤਨਹ ॥

Bẖagaṯ­yaʼn bẖagaṯ ḏānaʼn rām nām guṇ kīraṯneh.

He blesses His devotees with devotion. They sing the Kirtan of the Praises of the Lord's Name.

ਪਾਰਬ੍ਰਹਮ ਪੁਰਖ ਦਾਤਾਰਹ ਨਾਨਕ ਗੁਰ ਸੇਵਾ ਕਿੰ ਨ ਲਭ੍ਯ੍ਯਤੇ ॥੨੦॥

Pārbarahm purakẖ ḏāṯāreh Nānak gur sėvā kiʼn na labẖ­yaṯai. ||20||

O Nanak, those who serve the Guru find the Supreme Lord God, the Great Giver||20||

As previously, I can help with diet and exercise and longevity health etc.

This Shabad is by Guru Arjan Dev Ji in Raag Raamkalee on Pannaa 966

pauVI ]

pourree ||

Pauree:

jpu qpu sMjmu dieAw Drmu ijsu dyih su pwey ]

jap thap sa(n)jam dhaeiaa dhharam jis dhaehi s paaeae ||

He alone obtains meditation, austerities, self-discipline, compassion and Dharmic faith, whom the Lord so blesses.

ijsu buJwieih Agin Awip so nwmu iDAwey ]

jis bujhaaeihi agan aap so naam dhhiaaeae ||

He alone meditates on the Naam, the Name of the Lord, whose fire the Lord puts out.

AMqrjwmI Agm purKu iek idRsit idKwey ]

a(n)tharajaamee agam purakh eik dhrisatt dhikhaaeae ||

The Inner-knower, the Searcher of hearts, the Inaccessible Primal Lord, inspires us to look upon all with an impartial eye.

swDsMgiq kY AwsrY pRB isau rMgu lwey ]

saadhhasa(n)gath kai aasarai prabh sio ra(n)g laaeae ||

With the support of the Saadh Sangat, the Company of the Holy, one falls in love with God.

Aaugx kit muKu aujlw hir nwim qrwey ]

aougan katt mukh oujalaa har naam tharaaeae ||

One's faults are eradicated, and one's face becomes radiant and bright; through the Lord's Name, one crosses over.

jnm mrx Bau kitEnu iPir join n pwey ]

janam maran bho kattioun fir jon n paaeae ||

The fear of birth and death is removed, and he is not reincarnated again.

AMD kUp qy kwiFAnu lVu Awip PVwey ]

a(n)dhh koop thae kaadtian larr aap farraaeae ||

God lifts him up and pulls him out of the deep, dark pit, and attaches him to the hem of His robe.

nwnk bKis imlwieAnu rKy gil lwey ]21]

naanak bakhas milaaeian rakhae gal laaeae ||21||

O Nanak, God forgives him, and holds him close in His embrace. ||21||

the best thing u can do is keep asking q's best way 2 learn. but id also say dnt be too hard on urself what uve achieved so far is wicked!i got in2 sikhi reli slowly 1 step at a time. so u sound like ur heading in the right direction so just keep asking q's, just push urself but not 2 hard etc.

futeh

Just take it one step at a time. Like if you're weightlifting, you'd start by lifting an amount that's reasonable for you at your current level of development. You'd then add on a bit of weight, get used to it, and then add on some more only when you are ready. Same way with sikhi.

Which general area do you live in ? People can probably hook you up with sangat to discuss things face to face. The questions you've stated on forum are actually quite common, the struggles are something we all went through or are going through even now in our journey.