Taking Amrit

Guest _Singh_

Guest _Singh_

Hi i want to take amrit one day BUT atm im buildin up my rehat BUT I think my mum is being VERY selfish .......i dont know why parents feel ashamed if their kids follow sikhi........she is bringing up selfish reason or saying no one will want to marry me etc........ma mum goes no woman will ever wana marry you if you take amrit!!!!! sometimes its hard to deal with that you know cos the most important woman in my life is saying no woman will want to marry me!!!! so dont know what to think atm you know please advise.

Hi i want to take amrit one day BUT atm im buildin up my rehat BUT I think my mum is being VERY selfish .......i dont know why parents feel ashamed if their kids follow sikhi........she is bringing up selfish reason or saying no one will want to marry me etc........ma mum goes no woman will ever wana marry you if you take amrit!!!!! sometimes its hard to deal with that you know cos the most important woman in my life is saying no woman will want to marry me!!!! so dont know what to think atm you know please advise.

I am without hair but i am not geeting the girl to marry

SAT GURU NANAK TINA MALAYA

JINA DHURRO PIA SANJOG (AASAN DI VAAR)

SURA SO PEH-CHANIYE

JO LARE DEEN KE HAET

PURJA PURJA KAT MARE

KABHOO NA CHHADE KHET

post-16957-1209640036.jpg

Veer ji, Do you believe that no woman would marry you if you take amrit ?

Keep doing what you do, follow your rehat get that in order.

This Shabad is by Guru Nanak Dev Ji in Salok Vaaraan Thay Vadheek on Ang 1410 of Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji Maharaj:

jo tho praem khaelan kaa chaao ||

If you desire to play this game of love with Me,

sir dhhar thalee galee maeree aao ||

then step onto My Path with your head in hand.

eith maarag pair dhhareejai ||

When you place your feet on this Path,

sir dheejai kaan n keejai ||20||

give Me your head, and do not pay any attention to public opinion. ||20||

This Shabad is by Guru Arjan Dev Ji in Raag Maaroo on Ang 1102 of Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji Maharaj:

salok ma 5 ||

Salok, Fifth Mehla:

pehilaa maran kabool jeevan kee shhadd aas ||

First, accept death, and give up any hope of life.

hohu sabhanaa kee raenukaa tho aao hamaarai paas ||1||

Become the dust of the feet of all, and then, you may come to me. ||1||

:BOW:

vjkk vjkf

veerje pleasee ...... do ardas so mahraj can do kirpa on ur mother aswell. dont even think that nobody would want to marry you. if someone ever does think that 'noi aint getting married to an amritdhari' then veerje ur better off without! : )

keep faith in vaheguru, and concentrate on ur rehit and VAHEGURUS love first..... rest will come with time. just DONT LET GO :) gurujee is with u :)

and dont worry about marriage, if its meant to be then it will, ....... but our true partner is vaheguru alone. so get married to aakaal purakh :)

hau nw Cofau kMq pwsrw ]

ho naa shhoddo ka(n)th paasaraa ||

I shall never leave my Husband Lord's side.

sdw rMgIlw lwlu ipAwrw eyhu mihMjw Awsrw ]1] rhwau ]

sadhaa ra(n)geelaa laal piaaraa eaehu mehi(n)jaa aasaraa ||1|| rehaao ||

My Beloved Lover is always and forever beautiful. He is my hope and inspiration. ||1||Pause||

sjxu qUhY sYxu qU mY quJ aupir bhu mwxIAw ]

sajan thoohai sain thoo mai thujh oupar bahu maaneeaa ||

You are my Best Friend; You are my relative. I am so proud of You.

:pray:

try to not do nindya of your parents.

sometimes, you just have to let them go. cut off connection wiht them from the inside, but remain respectful. stop caring if she supports or not, it's hard, but in the end this will save u much grief. she'lll come around, or she won't, most likely she will but it may take years.

in the end, it is your decision and you must do what is right for you. you can't live as she wishes foreever.

Fateh jio,

Well we all expect our parents to be our major support in some way or another but this is not always the case. I remember a Sant saying listen to your parents, but if they say anything which stops you from progressing into sikhi then dont listen to them. And instead educate them. Your mum isnt the only mum who has these negative thoughts, if you start being strong and do your own thing then im sure she wont mind.

And about the marriage issue oh well if you dont get married...its mahraajs kirpa if its in your karam to get married it will happened no matter how you look or who you are and if your amritdhari or not.

Plus no ones going to go with you when you die so if you carry on listening to your mum you might waste this precious life , so just go for it!

Bhul chuk maaf!

Stay strong my brother.

Vaheguroo