Giving Up Sikhi Saroop

Guest _A Singh_

Guest _A Singh_

I have always wanted to join the United States Armed Forces, its like the only thing that really gets me. I am an amritdhari sikh and have been talking to the recruiters at army etc, but was told from all that there are no exception, no matter of what religion you are. Everyone has to cut their hairs small, shave, wear no hat or headgear at armed forces buildings, installations etc (hats etc allowed outside), wear no kara (bracelet), rings (unless a wedding ring - which must be removed before you get deployed but can worn otherwise at the base etc), no chains etc. Basically, none of these things are allowed no mater what religion you are.

I spoke with many thinking one of them might say, we can work something out. But, finally, by waheguru's kirpa an army colonel moved next door to my house and i asked him. He said that he might be able to bring me to meet the Commander of the Military Entrance Processing Unit. I went and spoke with the Commander. He understood everything that i had to say and said that they can make exception for the most until i get to Basic Combat Training, where under the "strict" Uniformed Services Laws it says "no exceptions". He also told me that once, i finish the training i might be able to have y sikhi saroop back, depending on the decision of the Commander of the Unit to which i am assigned.

I really want to be in the army, but i am also amritdhari sikh. I am planning on doing Basic Combat Training, Office's Training, and join US Armed forces as an MD.

Please provide your input. Thank you.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nothing in this world is worth giving up your Sikhi, SIkhs of past have watched there children get butchered rather than give up there Sikhi. If you want to join an army join Guru jis army and go in to battle with your mind, that is the true battelfield and the only victory you need to liberate your soul. Fight agaisnt the real enemies of kaam, khrod , lobh & ahunkar, using the most sophisticated weapons i.e naam, bani, seva, pyaar, bana, etc...

no

understand the fact that this is Guroo Gobind Singh Ji's army, if you give up the rules of this army to join another, thats just wrong.

im very sorry about that

its a shame, british army allows sikhi saroop completely, kirpan and everything. If they allow you to maintain then go for it, but otherwise noooo.

Guest G.Kaur

To the original poster __A Singh__, since you aren't a member of this forum I can't PM you these articles which I think you should read. So I'll post the links here.

Sikh in the Swedish Army

http://www.panthic.org/news/125/ARTICLE/1824/2005-09-25.html

Jaspal Singh - New Recruite of the Swedish Army

http://www.panthic.org/news/125/ARTICLE/1871/2005-10-09.html

u r amritdhari, u have given your head to maharaj

under NO exceptions are you allowed to take back your head and put it somewhere else for a while

its not a choice, once u've given your head, you cant take it back, its impossible, the 40 mukte tried, but they eventually came back too, dint they

but if ur seriously in a dilemma

ask maharaj