Sewadar

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

There is no need to ask any one if you are "NAAM ABHIASI"

Because if u will eat these all things then you will lose your connectivity with Akal purkh while doing naam Simran...

n u will lose the warmness of naam

you will lose the sweetness of Naam as well

do't try because it is very very very hard to get that back n it will make u crying... 110%

guru fateh

Request to mods: Please don't delete my post.

There is one thing that doesn't make sense. On the Dasam Granth issue, SS-admins say they follow Akal Takht's Hukumnama which is the highest. But why can't you follow the Meat Issue according to Akal Takht. This is unjust. You follow what you think is good from Akal Takhts hukumnama and the rest you follow is what you think is good.

Think about it.

WJKK WJKF

I think you are confusing that with SGPC Maryada; SGPC Maryada is not "panth" or "Akaal Takht" Maryada. Akaal Takht itself as an institution has never (to my knowledge) made any declaration and/or Maryada on the stance of meat.

On the other hand, Akaal Takht sahib has OPENLY made the comment and declaration about Sri Dasam Granth.

There is a huge difference between the two things you are talking about.

Baba G, this is not true.

The Panth Parvan Rehit Maryada has been signed by the Akal Takhat Jathedar of the time while it was drafted.

The fact that it was accepted by most Jathebandis can be seen how Giani Gurbachan Singh Bhindranwale told Giani Kirpal Singh (of DDT) while becoming Jathedar of Akal Takhat - to follow the PANTHIC maryada. The Maryada of DDT is maryada of DDT. It is the Panthic maryada that is most important... :) That is Panthic ekta.

SGPC has NOTHING to do with the maryada. The SGPC ONLY and ONLY publishes the maryada. This does not make it "their maryada." Just like Singhbrothers publish Sangat Singhs book - it doesn't make it "Singhbrothers book."

For the record, I suggest you take out the time to read the first few pages where all of the names of those who were there are listed. There are no records, as far as I'm aware of anyone "runing out", nor has any evidence ever been posted supporting this claim. Also if anyone whos name is published doesn't support it - why didn't they demand their name be crossed out?

Anyway the Panth Parvan Rehit Maryada was signed by none less than the Jathedar himself, so it is no less hukam from Akal Takhat than a Hukamnama is..

IMHO, it's a good move - as Gurbani says, people will always argue over meat. This place turned really ugly when discussion about meat was allowed.

There is really nothing to be gained by arguing over issues like this. 'V' veer ji/bhen ji, you go on about ekta - that's exactly why this issue was banned in the first place.

Metheen Veer Ji,

I don't disagree with banning the discussion of meat. Actually I think that in itself is a very good move, a decision SS has had for quite a long time. What I do have a problem with is people condemning other people following the Panthic Rehit Maryada, or claiming to be Panthic yet picking and choosing what part of the decisions of Panth to follow. Why double standards?

I personally believe in following the Panth 100% and any decisions it makes, whether I personally agree with them or not. Guru Panth is above my authority :)

Again, I apologize for hijacking the thread. My only point is, there shounld't be double standards, where you say - "The Panth has decided this," but when it doesn't suit you you don't care what the Panth says. It is doublestandars when you go halfway where you use the Panthic decisions to prove your point, but don't care what the Panth has to say on issues that you don't agree with.

Can we just end the topic - as SS Admin said, the debate is never ending and they have just voiced their personal opinion. The offical line has been stated from the Akal Takht - its up to you, eat it, or don't eat it.

Therefore never judge a person on this issue.

Mod Edit: *Did you not read the first post in this topic :S.. Here's a reminder: Any topic/post stating otherwise will be deleted. You're free to email that article justifying Jhatka etc to anyone you like but please don't post it here.*

Edit #2: I'd advise you not to keep posting it over and over again in this topic.

vaheguru ji ka khalsa vaheguru ji ki fateh

Just to reiterate what Jangal Da has kindly pointed out..

Upon discussion with the admins of SikhSangat, we have decided to take an anti-meat stand, we've been thinking about this issue for a while on an individual basis and until recently we've collectively decided that this is best for the forum. We feel that eating meat is immoral, unlawful and simply wrong according to the teachings of Guru Granth Sahib jee. There have been numerous discussions and debates on this topic and both sides of the party have voiced their opinions ever since the start of the site in 2001. We do not want to re-iterate the arguments against the debate. If you do a search on the board for the topic you will find MANY replies and topics on the topic and we leave the ultimate decision to your better judgement.

We are not claiming that Akaal Takht/anyone else is wrong, or that we know better than them. We are not telling anyone on the forum to submit to our personal views. We encourage you to do your own research, read Gurbani, talk to Guru Saheb and then come to an informed decision.

People complain about the quality of the forum but whenever we try to do anything about it they still complain. Finally I think it's pretty unfair for anyone to accuse us of not caring what the Panth says. We completely agree with the SGPC Maryada, we do not condone the eating of Halal meat. On a similar note I personally believe doing three Banian in the morning is great, but if I choose do 5 then how am I going against the Panth's decision? I'm not.

vaheguru ji ka khalsa vaheguru ji ki fateh

Bhenji, What Akal Takhat Maryada says is minimum requirement. If you want to do 5 bania, as well as Asa Ki Vaar, Sukhmani Sahib, Chandi di Vaar or any other bani apart from your daily nitnem it's not going against Panth's decision.

It is to be encouraged, and anyone doing so well get phall for their seva/simran/naam/bani.

But to condemn people who DO 3 bania IS wrong. It IS wrong to condemn people to decide to follow the Panthic decisions. I'm not saying you, or the forum sevadars are doing that, but I feel the general atmosphere of the forum has become that way. That being said, I do think it's good that sevadars are enforcing this decision of banning the meat debate, but my personal opinion is, the decision should be neutral, and not bias to any side of the argument.

Please forgive me if I have offended you, as that is not my intention…

Also, I think really it's good that the sevadars haven't made the statement and locked the thrad which has been done earlier on, but now allow the members to give their view about the decision itself :)