reading a shabad to get something done

Guest SikhForLife

Guest SikhForLife

well before i ask if its right or not.. is it even sikhi?

i have heard many people say that if u repeat this shabad.. ur prayers will be answered..

or if u repeat this shabad ur wishes will come true

can that be true?

is it right?!

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

da whole gurbani in dhan sri gur granth sahib jee is gr8 n valuable for us. once i asked tis question 2 a chardikala wale singh. he was against tis. my dad also is nt in favour of chosing n reading 1 shabad for a wish 2 com true.duno much. sory if i offended any1.

lik 2 hear sangat's view.

Guest SikhForLife

thx veerji.. anyone else..

and also does it work?

repeating a shabad to get something done,,, sounds me like a mantra tantra stuff.. like how they do it..

waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh

i don't consider it as mantra or anythin...

like sometimes you're in a tough situation.. and rakhea dai shabad ... ex. "tati vaho nan lagaee parbrham sarnaee " or Chaupai Sahib... it jus comes to you.. cause you need guru ji's help.

I have heard many people say that if u repeat this shabad.. ur prayers will be answered..

or if u repeat this shabad ur wishes will come true

i'm not so sure about that... if you mean it form your heart and it's good according to guru ji's will then it might... but if a someone jus tells you to do a shabad.. and you knwo nothin about it.. you're jus repeating cause he tol you to... i don think you're wishes have a big chance.. :@

bhul chuk muaaf

waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh

This is all I know and I've learned from some gurmat websites

Some shabads were made after requests from Gursikhs

Bhai Gurdas Jee and Baba Buddha jee requested Guru Arjan Dev Jee to make a bani that would help them be able to focus completely in doing Naam Simran - Guru jee was blessed by WAheguroo and composed Sukhmani Sahib

There has been a tradition of the Gursikh having a difficult situation and approaching Guru jee, and Guru jee gave gurbani as the medicine

This includes banis like shabad hazaray (people say if you read it with your family you will be closer and have less conflicts)

Anyway ...........

bin thudh hor jay mangnaa sir dukhaa kay dukh

deh naam santokhiaa utray man kee bhukh

asking for anything other than you is inviting the headache of headaches

please bless me with your satisfying Name so that my mind's hunger can be lifted away.

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

Sat Sri Akal:

There is Gurbani that targets certain states of mind and alleviation of mental stresses (Sukhmani Sahib for instance...and the compilation of the Gurbani in Dukhbhanjani Sahib).

However, to read them blindly and not get anything out of Gurbani and not making an attempt to get anything from reading (recite like parrot and retain nothing from it willingly) makes it as useless as visiting the Ganges - a hollow ritual. For instance, at the beginning of a Dukhbhanjani Sahib compilation, it was stated that a person who does this Paath 40 times will recieve relief from their sadness. Ok, so if I read the Gurbani like I read a cereal box, how much of a benefit would it be?

So yes, one can obtain relief from botherations from reading Gurbani, as long as the person takes something away from Gurbani. Otherwise... :@ @

waheguru ji kakhalsa waheguru jiki fateh

this is what i know

(Page : 681) <<todays hukumnama:

DHANAASAREE, FIFTH MEHL:

chatur disaa keeno bal apnaa sir oopar kar Dhaari-o.

He has extended His power in all four directions, and placed His hand upon my head.

if u want something waheguru will give it to u..

todays hukumnama says it all blush.gif wahegurooo

i belive u will get what u want....

thats why we do ardas as well hana

(can i ask something here...like if u dont knw the meaning of gurbani but u are reciting it...it means its not worth it?...noting wil happen? like i dont know ....i had question about "jap sahib" i dont understand it...but i recite it right...and iwas bit confused...and then i read somewhere that a singh didnt read jap sahib hana ji...and then in his dream(ithink) Guru Gobind singh ji came...but didnt talk to him.singh was upset..why guru sahib ji left without talking to me. he asked why guru sahib ji didnt talk to him...i dont know who, but someone said to the singh..its cuz u dont do jap sahib. he said 'i dont understand it so i dont do it'...but after that dream he started recitin jap sahib)

so somone help!

pray.gif

bhul chuk muaff

waheguru ji kakhalsa waheguru jiki fateh!

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

I agree with ms514

Each Bani has a specific focus and purpose

Here something I found:

Japji Sahib: To relate and connect with your soul. Recite in the early morning or when your being is endangered, when the radiance of your soul is weak, when your soul feels sad. All wisdom of the Siri Guru Granth Sahib is contained in this Bani. Related to ether element.

Shabad Hazaare: This gives the benefits of a thousand shabads to allow the soul to merge directly with God. For reconciliation and bringing separated ones home. Recite when your body feels useless. Related to ether element.

Jaap Sahib: To bring grace, self-command and to inspire your greatness. This Bani brings royalty, divinity, ecstacy, bliss, bountifulness and beauty. It will increase your vitality, courage, power, strength and self-esteem. Recite when your dignity is threatened, to overcome fear and to arouse and increase your flow of spirit. Related to air element.

Tav Prasad Swaiya and Chaopaee: To bring satisfaction in life when nothing seems to satisfy you. It brings energy, vitality and expansion. Related to air element.

Anand Sahib: To bring endless bliss and heal any deficiencies in the body. It organizes and brings happiness, harmony and peace. In this Bani, mind and body are explained in relation to cosmic divinity; it is to qualify the mind and understand one's depth. Recite this when your lower self confronts you, when you are unsuccessful and you wa

nt peace of mind. Related to fire element.

Rehiras Sahib: Recite after you've worked hard and feel tired. It adds energy to your being. It covers your business actions and living environments. It helps you when you are physically weak, weak in money, property and earthly matters; when you feel hopeless, unsuccessful or worthless. Bayntee Chaopaee is Guru Gobind Singh's personal prayer for protection and is to liberate the soul. Related to water element.

Kirtan Sohila: To remove the fear of death. Good to recite when your life feels boring, and you are uninspired. It multiplies your aura, eliminates negativity in you and around you, and protects you. Excellent before you sleep at night to bring restful sleep, prevent nightmares and create a shield of protection. This Bani protects the soul on its journey after it leaves the body at death. Related to earth element.

Sukhmani Sahib: This is a prayer in the form of a song to bring everlasting peace and comfort to the mind. Its sound is tranquilizing and removes stress. Sukhmani Sahib opens your heart to live in gratitude, steadies your spiritual discipline, and connects you with your strength, endurance, courage and Infinite consciousness to overcome every obstacle. Listening to or reciting Sukhmani Sahib once a day can change your destiny from misery to prosperity and give you inner balance, grace, radiance, energy and the power to sacrifice.

These are just the basic paaths we should do. Dhan Guru Granth Sahib jee maharaj is full of many more shabads and treasures, just like guru jee says beatifully in the following shabad:

gauVI guAwryrI mhlw 5 ]

hm DnvMq BwgT sc nwie ]

hir gux gwvh shij suBwie ]1] rhwau ]

pIaU dwdy kw Koil ifTw Kjwnw ]

qw myrY min BieAw inDwnw ]1]

rqn lwl jw kw kCU n molu ] Bry BMfwr AKUt Aqol ]2]

Kwvih Krcih ril imil BweI ]

qoit n AwvY vDdo jweI ]3]

khu nwnk ijsu m

sqik lyKu ilKwie ]

su eyqu KjwnY lieAw rlwie ]4]31]100]

gourree guaaraeree mehulaa 5

Gauree Gwaarayree, Fifth Mehl:

hum dhunuvunth bhaaguth such naae

I am prosperous and fortunate, for I have received the True Name.

har gun gaaveh sehaj subhaae

I sing the Glorious Praises of the Lord, with natural, intuitive ease. ||1||Pause||

peeoo dhaadhae kaa khol ddithaa khujaanaa

When I opened it up and gazed upon the treasures of my father and grandfather,

thaa maerai man bhaeiaa nidhaanaa

then my mind became very happy. ||1||

ruthun laal jaa kaa kushoo n mol

The storehouse is inexhaustible and immeasurable, overflowing with priceless jewels and rubies. ||2||

khaavehi khuruchehi ral mil bhaaee

The Siblings of Destiny meet together, and eat and spend,

thott n aavai vudhudho jaaee

but these resources do not diminish; they continue to increase. ||3||

kuhu naanuk jis musuthak laekh likhaae

Says Nanak, one who has such destiny written on his forehead,

s eaeth khujaanai laeiaa rulaae

becomes a partner in these treasures. ||4||31||100||

Bhul chuk di khima karni jee

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!