Apple Cider Vinegar

Guest __singh__

Guest __singh__

i need to have apple cider vinegar since it is widely reccomended for a skin condition that i have hwver i have heard that there is alcohol in it, is this true? or does other types of vinegars eg, spirit vinegar also contain it and it is alloed due to the minimal proportion that it is in??

thanks

Guest Guest
i need to have apple cider vinegar since it is widely reccomended for a skin condition that i have hwver i have heard that there is alcohol in it, is this true? or does other types of vinegars eg, spirit vinegar also contain it and it is alloed due to the minimal proportion that it is in??

thanks

it does contain alcohol so you can't drink it, you could apply it topically to skin. if you are thinking of using it for acne its not the wondercure its hyped up to be.

thanks

it does contain alcohol so you can't drink it, you could apply it topically to skin. if you are thinking of using it for acne its not the wondercure its hyped up to be.

The alcoholic percentage is so low you would need to drink about ten gallons before you got even remotely intoxicated and there is nothing in Sikhism that says you can’t use something which may intoxicate for medicinal purposes (within reason and not to abuse any such substance). When the singhs used to eat bark in the jungles they would use cannabis to digest it. Many talks and sermons available on this. We regular use cider vinegar in my house hold for salad dressing very nice.

• 3 months later...

This problem can be approached similar to ways in which Lawyers consider legal principles. We must consider whether "no intoxication" should be followed literally, or purposively.

Let me explain.

In the UK there was a law to prevent prostitutes from soliciting on the "streets". (The Soliciting Act). Prostitutes then reacted to this by soliciting to passer by's via a large window from inside a building....

...The law was faced with a problem. Follow the ACT literally,,, which would have meant that the prostitutes weren't committing an offence because they weren't soliciting on the "street"... OR look at the purpose of the Act and what it was trying to prevent. It was clear that the law wanted to prevent the prostitution field. In this particular case the purposive approach was followed.

Similarly the rehat states that "no intoxication". If followed literally, this will mean apple cider is forbidden. But if followed pusposively; it is clear that the rehat is in place so to prevent sikh's from losing control of their consciousness, and thus taking cider, particularly for a medical condition, will be deemed to appear ok.

In law the judge has two choices.. literal approach, or purposive approach.

As do you. This is surely a way for you to show your commitment to sikhi and the rehat.

fateh!

interesting analysis. however, the rahit says no alcohol whatsoever. using a purposive analysis even alcohol taken for health, such as a glass of wine a day, would be banned.

the question here is quite different though, the amount of alcohol in apple cider vinegar is very different from the amount in wine.

Guest Canadian
interesting analysis. however, the rahit says no alcohol whatsoever. using a purposive analysis even alcohol taken for health, such as a glass of wine a day, would be banned.

the question here is quite different though, the amount of alcohol in apple cider vinegar is very different from the amount in wine.

There is alcohol (ethanol) in your own body already while your body digests. Apple Cider Vinegar is impossible to get even remotely intoxicated. Your body probably produces more during digestion by bacteria.

to be a sikh is not to be a fanatic...

Medicines have alcohol in them...but think about it...god made them this way...if you're about to die and the medicine to be taken has 0.9% out of 100% alcohol in it...you wouldn't say "oh no nurse, I don't drink alcohol...."...she'll just stare at you...

She'll ask you "where is the alcohol?"...so pleaseeeee don't be a fanatic...God made those medicines for us...to get better...there is no other magic...

There is alcohol (ethanol) in your own body already while your body digests. Apple Cider Vinegar is impossible to get even remotely intoxicated. Your body probably produces more during digestion by bacteria.

yep, that's why i said this issue is different. i was thikning of a person in sikh roop spreading nonsens in the uk when i wrote the above.

God made those medicines for us...to get better...there is no other magic...

hm... theres naam ras. :1singh1:

but carry on. :D

Maybe because of the Naam you recited god will give you the medicine to get better...

Consider this:

There was a man once...he was a firm believer...Once he fell off his boat and was drowning...So this man on a boat came to help him...He told the man to go away because he believed that god himself will come to help him...so that man left...

3 more people tried to help that man but he told them off...saying god will come to help him...

eventually the guy died...and when he met god...he asked god "why didn't you come to help me god...I was waiting for you.."

God replied "What do you think those people I sent to help you were doing there you fool"...

Medicines are there to help...consider them at way...don't increase the fanaticism.... :)