Shardaaee

KKV using Akhalee Nihang Baba Hardeesh Singh Jee Velling Vahleh's account

Thanks to Nihang Singh attached is the receipe of how to make Shardaaee

I may have made PLENTY mistakes when typing the receipe so scuse a Bhenj. I HOPE its what is called a "basic" SrdweI - I had to ask Singh for the receipe - I could have mixed and/or forgotten somethings. Mind you when my MamaJee made it in India, he had this whole other stuff in it aswell....so I dunno - anywho enjoy!

If the attachment doesnt open - PM Harry (Singh_In_Welling) and I'll send it you through email. I don't get how this silly attachment thing works lol :happy:

Just so you lot know when I say Nihang Singh (^^ in bold), I dont mean Hardeesh Singh - am talking about another Nihang Singh - just letting you know if theres any problems with your Shardhaee or whatever it aint either of there's fault - its moi's :happy:

And yes the attachment don't work - sorry :console:

SHARDHAEE.doc

For those who cannot open attached file, please see below;

Vaaheguroo Jee Kaa Khalsaa Vaaheguroo Jee Kee Fatheh!!!

Just as you would before starting anything, do Ardws.

Throughout making SrdweIjust as preparing anything to eat or drink, it is important to recite pwT (Paat) and or ismrn (Simran). For better taste use

srb loh(Sarbloh) utensils.

There is no certain amount to how much of the following ingredients you put – use according to use. First time users I recommend start by making a little bit then increasing if you can handle it, (just in case you’re allergic to anything).

SrdweI doesn’t really have any set ingredients – the following are just seen as somewhat basic ingredients – you can add other beneficial ingredients if you want to.

Ingredients:

1 bdwm (Nuts)

2 pqwsy jW imSwrI

3 Cous Cous

4 kwlI imrc (Black pepper)

5 soNP (Sohnf)

6 jl (Water)

7 du`D (Milk)

Equipment:

1. cwdr (Clean Sheet)

2. pqIlw (Pan)

3. kUMfw Gotxw

Instructions:

1. After doing your pMj ieSnwnW (Washing your face, hands, knees, feet and cleaning your teeth). Begin your pwT(Paat) and or ismrn (Simran).

2. Place a clean sheet on the floor. On the clean sheet place the kUMfw Gotx, and pqIlw (Pan).

3. In the kUMfw Gotx put in the bdwm (Nuts) and start to crush until it makes a smooth paste. Once that has been done put in the soPµ (Sohnf) and as before crush and mix with the bdwm (Nuts).

4. Add the Cous Cous, and kwlI imrc (Black pepper) and continue to crush and mix.

5. Once that has been done in the pqIlw (Pan) put jl (Water) inside and add the pqwsy jW imSwrI in and stir with your hand until dissolved.

6. In the kUMfw Gotx so far you should have crushed and mixed bdwm (Nuts), soPµ(Sohnf), Cous Cous, and kwlI imrc (Black pepper). To this add du`D (Milk) and mix thoroughly.

7. Finally to the above mixing add the pqwsy jW imSwrI vwlw jl (Water) that you had dissolved and mix until a smooth shake. Add thejl (Water) and du`D (Milk) according to how thick or thin you want your shake.

Vaaheguroo Jee Kaa Khalsaa Vaaheguroo Jee Kee Fatheh!!!!!

Shardai does not have milk in it either, nor have I ever seen it made with sonf, two key ingredients are also missing from the above, sugar and lechi.

Why is there no mention of a Sher Kaan either?

From what i was told by some nihang singhs is that milk IS used IF they can get hold of it. If not they dont use it. In Panjab milk can be hard to get and expensive in large quantities, so because nihangs cannot afford it, its just not used.

Ive also never seen it made with sonf??? LOL new recipe maybe?

laichee is 1 of the main ingredients that needs to be added. makes it taste good :)

whats sher kaan?

edit: also its not cous cous lol its 'Khas Khas' (poppy seeds) as the other guy mentioned