Small Sister Help Plz

Guest _GUPT SINGH_

Guest _GUPT SINGH_

SANGAT JI

my Small sister is 5 she is in nursay and she has to go to school. BUT my sister is a bit slow in lerarning and makeing frindes and she dose not talk to alot of people and the docter has said that she should stay in nursury 1 more year but we were so confused we done ardas and put 2 letters in a bag and picked 1 it came for school so i told my mum for school and have faith in Vahegurooo ji and every thing would be fine but the docter says no and my mum is confused so what the sangat says we will do so we need to know by tommorow morning by 9.00AM so we can tell the school.

THANKS

plz reply

VAHEGUROOOJIKAKHALSAVAHEGUROOOJIKIFATHE

Guest mr.singh

Have Bharosa in VAHEGURU ALONE, the doctor means best but he is only using his own knowledge. Have faith in maharaj because he is perfect, nothing anyone else says matters, Guru Sahib is always correct.

I think taking a hukmnama would be best in this situation.. other than tht all you can do is pray tht guru ji takes care of it

But it seems like u want her to go so u can also ask the sangat to pray for ur sister tonight an tomm morning, so tht guru will help you make the best decision for ur sister

First of all what country are you in?

Secondly, from first hand experience I know how disheartening it can be when you discover a sibling may have problems in learning. Has she been statemented or has she been diagnosed? My younger brother also has problems namely dyspraxia, moderate learning difficulties and sensory motor co-ordination problems. He was also very reserved, had no confidence, didn’t make friends quickly and in terms of mile stones he was behind his age group when in nursery and still is.

His teachers recommended we place him in a different school where they have a wider resource base in regards to helping children with such problems. Looking back, I think if he stayed on in nursery an extra year it might have been better for him, but on the other hand, his problems are on-going so there is no quick fix solution to them.

If you feel that school is best for your sister then you can refute the opinion of your doctor. Schools are clued up on this sort of stuff and can give children loads of support. If need be she can have extra help outside the mainstream classroom for a couple of hours a day and also go for occupational therapy if it is needed. If the school is not supportive then perhaps you can get in touch with a social worker or someone from the local education authority at the council (depending on the laws of your country) and seek advice. Alternatively, you can look at other schools where they support pupils with learning problems.

If any of the above has caused you offence, I apologise, I know this is a sensitive issue.

Also I want you to know that you are not alone, and your encouragement, love & Ardaas will all help her immensely.

All the best.

Vaaheguroo Jee Kaa Khaalsaa, Vaaheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!

The shabad below says it all, BUT Vaaheguroo portrays his actions and does things through others... so i would say take out a hukamnaamaa in this situation and get somebody to translate it, OR wake up amrithvelaa tomorrow morning, and take tomorrows hukamnaamaa as a personal one for your sister, you can get the hukamnaamaa from the following link, there is an audio translation to it too so you can hear a more detailed translation... http://www.akaltakhat.org/hukam

mwrU mhlw 5 ]

maaroo mehalaa 5 |

Maaroo, Fifth Mehl:

vYdo n vweI BYxo n BweI eyko shweI rwmu hy ]1]

vaidho n vaaee bhaino n bhaaee eaeko sehaaee raam hae |1|

>>>>> The One Lord alone is our help and support; neither physician nor friend, nor sister nor brother can be this. ||1||<<<<<

kIqw ijso hovY pwpW mlo DovY so ismrhu prDwnu hy ]2]

keethaa jiso hovai paapaa malo dhovai so simarahu paradhaan hae |2|

His actions alone come to pass; He washes off the filth of sins. Meditate in remembrance on that Supreme Lord. ||2||

Git Gty vwsI srb invwsI AsiQru jw kw Qwnu hy ]3]

ghatt ghattae vaasee sarab nivaasee asathir jaa kaa thaan hae |3|

He abides in each and every heart, and dwells in all; His seat and place are eternal. ||3||

AwvY n jwvY sMgy smwvY pUrn jw kw kwmu hy ]4]

aavai n jaavai sangae samaavai pooran jaa kaa kaam hae |4|

He does not come or go, and He is always with us. His actions are perfect. ||4||

Bgq jnw kw rwKxhwrw ]

bhagath janaa kaa raakhanehaaraa |

He is the Savior and the Protector of His devotees.

sMq jIvih jip pRwn ADwrw ]

santh jeevehi jap praan adhaaraa |

The Saints live by meditating on God, the support of the breath of life.

krn kwrn smrQu suAwmI nwnku iqsu kurbwnu hy ]5]2]32]

karan kaaran samarath suaamee naanak this kurabaan hae |5|2|32|

The Almighty Lord and Master is the Cause of causes; Nanak is a sacrifice to Him. ||5||2||32||

Vaaheguroo Jee Kaa Khaalsaa, Vaaheguroo Jee Kee Fateh! :vaheguru:

following on from the above post, it would be useful to know your country of origin.

if your sister does have problems no matter how great or small I think seeking help from the medical and teaching profession will only help your sister, not hinder her. Taking a hukumnama is fantastic yes, but ultimately the people advising you base their advice on the experience of many many other cases where they have seen what works and what doesn't.

if you're in the UK I'd suggest you ask your doctor for a referral to a Paediatrician. Also, have a chat with your sister's teacher too to see what she would recommend.

If your sister isn't developing socially as much as your doctor/her teacher thinks she ought to be then her having extra help would only be a good thing. In the grand scheme of things in an average 80 year life spending one more year at school is a small price to pay if it means she can keep up or be more secure socially and academically.

Ultimately the decision rests with your family, but making the decision blind without expert opinion won't do your sister any good. If they do think there is something wrong then lets investigate it as opposed to experiment.

I hope this advice finds you well and best of luck to your sister whatever decision your family make

waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh!

the above advice given by S8220 and anjaan makes a lot of sense and what should be considered.

it def is a choice u have to make for her...but dont feel pressured.

if teachers or a school psychologist suggests that ur sister stays one more yr in the class she is in now..i would say..thats not a bad idea at all. it isnt something thats bad! i have seen many people feel scared/ stigmatized by this (not the kid but the family) its useless. look at the bigger picture and whats BEST FOR THE CHILD in the long run AND NOT WHAT other people will SAY! (and i hope this isnt bothering ur family or effecting the decision in any way. if it is thn please let it go... )

like s8220 said its just a YR!

i have seen boys being very slow in learning in nursery . its just natural.. and what makes a girl an exception? so dont worry too much about this. if she needs help and an extra year then she needs help nd extra yr. whats the big deal?

she will thank u for that. but if u still want her to go to the next level...

at the end ...depending on what country u are in (like anjaan panji suggested) they can always put her in the next grade but make/have an IEP (Individualized Education program). this way she will be with her friends/classmates/agemates? but would be taught things according to her pace.

So if u really wish to put her in the next grade...please make sure the school is asked abot the IEPs and if they will have extra help for the child to develop at her own pace?

dont be afraid to ask questions about these things to school personals. Ask for more information and ASK if u can hold ANOTHER meeting before deciding on this matter? If u need more time JUST ASK THEM to give u more time ...ad THEY BETTER cuz hello! its about a students life!(who would understand that better thn an institute which is suppose to help that child lead a better life?)

try not to put pressure on urself.

vaheguru always have great things in mind for all of us

trust him and let him help u out through others=)

akal sahai

wjkk wjkf!