Bana Everyday

Guest gobinday

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sri Singh Sahib Yogi Harbhajan Khalsa - 'religion is here to test our egos, I think that most sikhs dont want to wear bana because they want to set themselves amongst the commoners, they dont want people to identify themselves as Sikhs of the Guru, those who are blessed with Sikh Dharma and dont want to share it with others, we dont need you and you dont need us, get out!, clear it out!

ok jasleen kaur, you can wear your bosses tie at work because you belong to your boss, ill wear the Gurus Bana because i belong to the Guru.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh.

if my "bosses tie" is a salwar suit and dumalla, i guess my boss must be pretty cool. :)

what's your obsession with yogi bhajan, anyway? do you have some agenda here?

it is a Hukum to wear Bana as part of rehat, so why not follow the Guru....

please show the source of this? show the text of this hukam so that moorakhs like myself may better understand what Guru ji expects of us.

please show the written description of the bana that women are expected to wear.

also, you never responded to the question of shoes. who's shoes do you wear? or do you go barefoot to work each day?

does wearing bana make you any more spiritual?...any closer to god?

there are many singhs/singhneea..who wear tailored suits to work....and are probably or even at higher lengths in their spiritual path then one who wears bana everyday.

It is good to wear bana as a mechanism to allow an individual to be reminded that they have a duty to fulfill as to jaap naam and so on. However if another individual does not wear bana everyday but does wear the essential requirments (panj kaakar)...that same person still has the ability to remind themselves of their duty as a sikh.

Will guru ji be upset if you don't wear bana, yet you do what he asks and do selfless service and jaap naam.

In the end of the day, nothing will go with you in the end except naam/seva.

no need to bicker about what is what...when the answer alone can be answered in a common sense perspective.

Guest gobinday
does wearing bana make you any more spiritual?...any closer to god?

there are many singhs/singhneea..who wear tailored suits to work....and are probably or even at higher lengths in their spiritual path then one who wears bana everyday.

It is good to wear bana as a mechanism to allow an individual to be reminded that they have a duty to fulfill as to jaap naam and so on. However if another individual does not wear bana everyday but does wear the essential requirments (panj kaakar)...that same person still has the ability to remind themselves of their duty as a sikh.

Will guru ji be upset if you don't wear bana, yet you do what he asks and do selfless service and jaap naam.

In the end of the day, nothing will go with you in the end except naam/seva.

no need to bicker about what is what...when the answer alone can be answered in a common sense perspective.

Bana is not to be worn to say im holyer than thou, Bana is worn because it means you belong to the Guru and no on else, sikhs are different therefore they must dress different so people know who you are and can come to you for help. Guru Gobind Singh has given the Hukum that you wear Bana so you can follow the Guru or you can follow yourself up to you. Religion is all about identity, anyone can prayer and it belongs to the universe, but if you are of sikh dharma then you should identify yourself openly as a sikh of the Guru.

Bana is not to be worn to say im holyer than thou, Bana is worn because it means you belong to the Guru and no on else, sikhs are different therefore they must dress different so people know who you are and can come to you for help. Guru Gobind Singh has given the Hukum that you wear Bana so you can follow the Guru or you can follow yourself up to you. Religion is all about identity, anyone can prayer and it belongs to the universe, but if you are of sikh dharma then you should identify yourself openly as a sikh of the Guru.

you don't think the dastaar/dumalla makes us stand out? :)

where is this Hukam written?

sikh "dharma"? more 3HO talk?

Guest gobinday

you don't think the dastaar/dumalla makes us stand out? smile.gif

where is this Hukam written?

sikh "dharma"? more 3HO talk?

the Hukumnama is written in the Rehat Maryada.

the Hukum is also written in Sarbloh Granth.

Khalsa Mero Roop Hai Khas - my physical form is the Khalsa

Sikh 'DHARMA' is used in the Bachitar Natak as Guru Gobind Singh agrees with Akaal Purakh to create a new Dharma which is Sikh Dharma.

if you dont want to wear the Gurus Bana, the Khalsa uniform then dont, you choose not to follow the Gurus Hukum, up to you. or you can follow the Gurus Hukum and wear Bana, i started this topic to make people aware of Rehat and keep the Niara of the Khalsa. Those who are identified as sikhs they are sikhs, those who arent, they dont exist.

BASS END OF TOPIC

i hope the Sangat can read the discussion and post and make up their own minds.

follow the Guru or follow your egos.

follow the Guru and meet your destiny, follow your egos and meet your fate.

if you would like to ask me questions then you can email me on sikhinater@hotmail.co.uk lol!

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh.

• 5 years later...
Guest anonymous

waheguruuuuuuuu yeah i agree!

bani bana seva simran SHASTAR

its there to protect all

Guru Gobind Singh Jee says 'carry as many weapons as you can and worship them as God'

Guru sahib also says to train in the weapons.

He says " bina abhiaas, shastar bikh maano"

Without training, think of your weapons as poison.

So it's not just as easy on putting on shastar. You have to know how to use them.