Riding the Tiger

Simran9

waheguroo ji ka khalsa

waheguroo ji ki fateh

my fellow singhs and singhnia,

check out Riding the Tiger

Based on original 16mm footage and audio recordings made in 1984 by Surinder and Michael Singh - American brothers of Dutch, German and Sikh heritage - “Riding the Tiger” will be the first eye-witness documentary film to chronicle the anti-Sikh violence that erupted in New Delhi in November, 1984.

The 20th anniversary of this event will heighten interest in what really happened in 1984. To complete this film by November, 2004, shooting must begin this winter. The cost of this initial stage, including Indian crew and organizers, is $32,000 . Following an enthused and emotional screening in October, 2003, of segments of “Riding the Tiger” at Toronto’s Spinning Wheel Film Festival, we have raised $8,500 of that $32,000 (Thank you very much, supporters!!) The initial stage of this project is being funded by grassroots support. We are relying on YOUR contribution.

“Riding the Tiger” is targeted for an international audience, ranging from the PBS network in the United States, to Channel 4 in Britain, and various broadcast venues throughout Asia and the Far East.

***Check out the website and listen to some of the original audio recordings from 1984 taken by the Singh brothers, support the funding if you can, and spread the word about this documentary in progress. It would be great to have something like this made and shown on TV. We Sikhs need as much publicity and Sikh awareness out there as we can get!

As far as I know, Kandola ji, the purpose of "Riding the Tiger" is to document what happened in 1984 in the Delhi riots. I'm not sure if that includes operation bluestar prior to that or not. yes i see how this could make india look like the terrorist, but the point is to document a historical moment for Sikhs. Even I did not know about the Delhi riots until a couple of months ago but I've known about operation bluestar for as long as i can remember. so it could be the case that this documentary is being made to shed light on events that some of us or maybe a lot of us did not know about before.

Guest mehtab
Guest mehtab

dhillon jee, those pages made me cry more than once...i have printed all these and have them at home...i had an indian muslim room mate long back who was reading them for passing time while lying down on his bed...he got up all of a sudden and felt as if he couldn't breathe...ITS THAT BAD !!! COZ IT WAS THAT BAD FOR THOSE WHO WENT THRU IT !!! :'(

Yeah, we finally need a movie like this. The best site dedicated to the Khalistani movement was BurningPunjab.com, banned in India. The above links are from that site, and the site also included graphical images. I always use to check this site out, thus cause of that site I have now become a SINGH.

The site publisher, Sukhbir Singh Osan sadly passed away 2yrs ago. It is said that he died of an heart attack, but there is also an conspiracy that he was killed by the Indian Government.

May his soul rest in his peace. But for others in Birmingham, England where this site was operated from, please try to get this site working again, it was the most complete site by far showing proof, pictures that could not even be argued with.

By far the most well organized ever I seen.

WJKK WJKKF,

Gurjote Singh

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

WWW.BURNINGPUNJAB.COM was a great work.It is now banned by Indian Government.Can we all do something to make this site working again.Or can we get the material of the site by exploiting our links and publish that material under some different name?

This will be gr8 seva guyz.Please come forward if u have any idea how to make this possible.