Marijuana And Nihangs

tec9

Taking drugs eating meat WRONG!!!

But we should not judge the sikhs of gurus fauj, what they do while in battle (puratan and contemporary) only they and guru sahib know

People who take such things today at this moment in time and pakhandis FULL STOP.

jagbir singh so called babbar, i suppose we are also living in a "kookoo land" for believing that the chote sahibzade of 5 and 8 gave up their lives instead of having their hair cut, along with countless other shaheed singhs and singhnis?

It is not about Guroo Sahib's forgiving nature, it is about the chardikalaa of Maharaj's sikhs, who cared about thier guroo more than their lives. To suggest that they would commit a kurehit to save their lives is sayign that they valued their lives over thier Guroo.

Satguroo is dayal yes, if he is dayal enough to forgive, then he is dayal enough to make a sikh bear the unbearable.

you forgot to say so called sing aswell, beacause the name singh is much higher than babbar isnt it

so called singh stah.

and to tec9 bhaji, lol, u say sikhi is not a religoin? lmao are u joking buddy? "sikh ek vakri kaum eh" the words of sant jarnail singh ji(who's nitnem was 151 jap ji sahibs)...... and here u are, obviously some bigtime bhramgiani or something who thinks sikhi is not even a religion. wake up man. wake up!

he's actually right... sikhi is NOT a religion.. it is a way of life... do u know the meaning behind that statement by Sant Jee? a lot of people were saying Sikhism is an offshoot (a part of) Hinduism.. Sant Jee said no, we are a diff path then them.. Sikhi is istinct... in fact, we shouldn't even refer to it is "sikhISM", since "ism" denotes it as a 'religion' so to speak... I think it was Bhai Vir Singh (or Prof. Puran Singh) who said "I have No religion, but I am a Sikh"...

Sikhi is a way of life...

and to tec9 bhaji, lol, u say sikhi is not a religoin? lmao are u joking buddy? "sikh ek vakri kaum eh" the words of sant jarnail singh ji(who's nitnem was 151 jap ji sahibs)...... and here u are, obviously some bigtime bhramgiani or something who thinks sikhi is not even a religion. wake up man. wake up!

he's actually right... sikhi is NOT a religion.. it is a way of life... do u know the meaning behind that statement by Sant Jee? a lot of people were saying Sikhism is an offshoot (a part of) Hinduism.. Sant Jee said no, we are a diff path then them.. Sikhi is istinct... in fact, we shouldn't even refer to it is "sikhISM", since "ism" denotes it as a 'religion' so to speak... I think it was Bhai Vir Singh (or Prof. Puran Singh) who said "I have No religion, but I am a Sikh"...

Sikhi is a way of life...

I don’t understand why people shoot off and don’t think about topics before letting loose. Sikhism is so deep it takes many life times to understand not just one. War is a way of life and nihangs choose to live it so they practice what the guru allowed during war. You choose not to fair enough, the highest Sikh authority gives a ruling but you make your own up why?

The point of starting this tread was to show people that you can not be so narrow minded but at the same time not to give up the true meaning of religion. Until you your self have been in a situation do not judge others. Get off your high horses and think before you judge. Don’t shoot off your mouths think carefully one day it will hit home.

Sikhism is a way of life not religion live it!

It is not about Guroo Sahib's forgiving nature, it is about the chardikalaa of Maharaj's sikhs, who cared about thier guroo more than their lives. To suggest that they would commit a kurehit to save their lives is sayign that they valued their lives over thier Guroo.

Satguroo is dayal yes, if he is dayal enough to forgive, then he is dayal enough to make a sikh bear the unbearable.

that made me cry....vahiguroo do kirpa on us all and make us all that chardi kala cos we r so far from that :cry:

now its a kuriti

shame on u people who are trying to change sikhi according to their jathebandi ...

lets see 3 different conditions

1.hairs ... kill a kessadhari sikh and get 5 paise ...

sir par jo sikh dhare kess

rehn na deyo apne desh ... these were the words of lahors king ...

did sikhs cut there hair with fear of getting killed ... no beacuse cutting hairs is a vajjar kurehat ... 1 out of 4 vajjar kurehats

2.jhatka ... do we have enough proofs sikhs ate jhatka ??? yes we have ... and so the same people say ... ahhh they had nothing to eat so they ate it ... but guru sahib never allowed ... its not guru sahib never allowed its their particular jathebandi ... instead the bigger problem instead of taking it as a part of sikhi they take sikhi as part of it ... this is the boundry of my jathebandi so this should be the boundry of sikhi ...

going back to jhatka even banda bhadar ate it ... so were all they died as tankhayia singhs ????

same people who were ready to get their heads cut but not their hairs ... did other bajjar kurehat by eating meat for saving their life ...

if jhatka was bajjar kurehat ... if a sikh like baba banda bahadar had heard it from the mukh of guru gobind singh that you should not eat meat while taking amrit ... then he should have died and told his fauj to die with hunger instead of telling them that they should jhatka their horses ...

ragra - mareyada was set by guru gobind singh ji 5 patte of bhang which is still followed at hazzor sahib .... to make sikhs strong physical make their immune better ... its not given for nasha ... nor 5 patte has any nasha ... u need to get 100 times more bhang to give u some nasha ...

this mareyada was followed by baba deep singh and all other fauj of guru sahib ... if some one abuses it he is not a sikh ...

in brief sikhs were same who didnt cut their hairs being bajjar kurehat but ate meat and did ragra .... either they didnt understood sikhi ... or you are not ...

appo apni budh hai jeeti ...

i think bhang, like meat is forbidden

except of course during jang, when its an exception, as is jhatka

jassa made a reference to baba banda singh bahadur doing jhatka, after the fauj ran out of food

they were forced to jhatka many horses donkeys and mules for survival

same goes for bhang

on normal, everyday basis, its forbidden, but in battle its use is as a medicine, to ensure u survive to fight again

i remember from an amrit sanchar, the Singh said that meat is forbidden no matter what, unless u are sure that you still have some seva to do for the panth, that with your survival, you are helping the panth, or there is simply no other way

same goes for bhang

if im playing gatka, n get hurt, im not gonna go make a patti with sum bhang, mustard oil, and haldi

ill prolly do the haldi and mustard oil, and take a painkiller instead

I agree with Jassa I’m not saying you should go take drugs but at the same time and I repeat there is no doubt that Guruji allowed Singh’s to use bhang and there is no doubt that his Singh’s ate meat during war. All them who think they are better than the Sikhs who had to – because that’s what it amounts to you lot saying we are better then them Sikhs or they should not have done it- again shame on you.

Shuka and Jinda cut their hair- and they had taken amrit- to under take missions! Now tell me!! Times of war a lot is permitted that many of you think Sikhs can never do. If a Singh is dying on the battle field and he can take cannabis and kill five more enemies then he should that’s why five leaves of bhang is allowed. As the two Nihangs in the video say some abuse and five leaves becomes five handfuls coupled with opium and alcohol they are the nangs not nihangs. Never for get who was the first ever Nihang!! Think before you post!

I agree with Jassa I’m not saying you should go take drugs but at the same time and I repeat there is no doubt that Guruji allowed Singh’s to use bhang and there is no doubt that his Singh’s ate meat during war. All them who think they are better than the Sikhs who had to – because that’s what it amounts to you lot saying we are better then them Sikhs or they should not have done it- again shame on you.

Shuka and Jinda cut their hair- and they had taken amrit- to under take missions! Now tell me!! Times of war a lot is permitted that many of you think Sikhs can never do. If a Singh is dying on the battle field and he can take cannabis and kill five more enemies then he should that’s why five leaves of bhang is allowed. As the two Nihangs in the video say some abuse and five leaves becomes five handfuls coupled with opium and alcohol they are the nangs not nihangs. Never for get who was the first ever Nihang!! Think before you post.

Certain jathas have done a lot of good for Sikhi since the reformations at the end of the British Raj. However they have also incorporated personal opinions into dogma and as a result we have these differences of opinion.

People joining the jathas are happy with that jatha's beliefs and hence satisfied. No one should apply jathabandi lore to Sikhi per se. There are differences that are not so big that it should split our ekta. Recall that during hard times Sikhs united such as when Akali Phula Singh, an austere Gursikh and Nihang, would join forces with the womanising and hard drinking Maharaja Ranjit Singh, against the Khans, as during the seige of Multan. Both were in it for the Khalsa, both will be judged ultimately by God.

A lot of Sikhs now rely on their jatha lore and YouTube to do the work, that they themselves need to do if curious. That is to find and read the historical texts, learn to read Punjabi and understand Gurbani for themselves - get a good balance of what Sikhi is about.

My own opinion is:

Bhang - Used for its medicinal properties by the Khalsa. Never endorsed by any Gurus. Nowadays panj patte ki shagan is a way traditional Nihang jathas ceremoniously pay homage to the shahids of the historical times. Other Sikhs including western Nihang jathas have no business with this.

Jhatka - No evidence it was a last resort. Reading Gur Panth Parkash for example makes you think that from Guru Gobind Singh's time onwards goat and boar were the staple diet!

Taking Amrit - Too many young people that I have come across in the UK have taken Amrit and then had problems with keeping up the life of a true Sikh. Do lots of reading first, get to know a Gursikh, think very hard before taking such a big step. It is truely the ultimate aim of every Sikh, but should never be done on a whim, without honestly being willing to give your head literally. The panj piyare did not go into the tent thinking that Guru Gobind Singh was having a laugh - they were rock solid in their faith and belief in Dashmesh's words that the head was needed for Qurbani. My giyani told me that Waheguru's judgement is harder on a Gursikh than on a Sikh yet to take Amrit.

Bhangra - Purely a cultural thing. Light hearted and without vulgarity it is good fun. If we ban all cultural things not attached to Sikhi then we are like the Taleban banning kite-flying.

Just a few PERSONAL opinions, so do not bother commenting on them. Like most of us I am no professor and am still aquiring knowledge and learning.