Marijuana And Nihangs

tec9

guru ddnt do kirpa drishti on them? Guru sahib's Langri singh i m not sure if it was bhai bachitar singh or some other singh, he was a langri singh who used to cook food for guru sahib and one day he desired to fight in jung and guru sahib showed him how to in a simple 1 minute lesson and that singh fought with bravery and killed enemies or drunk elephant if he was bhai bachitar singh ji, sorry i cant remember , i listened in katha. so this is such a false thing that guru ji allowed singhs to drink bhang. this is big disrespect of guru sahib.

Read itehas of baba bachitar singh from Gurubilas patshahi 10 and suraj parkash granth ... both granths state it clearly Nihang baba bachitar singh drank shahhedi deghan before going in battle field against the elephant ... and the writters of both the granths were NON NIHANGS ... infact people can only speak against the traditions of khalsa by stating either emotional or twisted facts ... Historicaly it cant be proved as the things are recorded and stated very clearly in our history ....

BHAI MANI SINGH

BABa DEEP SINGH

BHAI TARU SINGH

baba deep singh use to make sheedi deghan even for sangat go to damdama sahib ... there is one itehasak beri near srover ... under that baba deep singh made degh for sangat everyday in morning ...

theres a difference between bhang and degh.

bhang is an intoxicant used to "blow your mind"

degh is not an intoxicant as there are no processed leaves or anything of the sort.

u are more intoxicated after takin half a paracetamol tablet, then you are with 250ml of degh.

theres a difference between bhang and degh.

bhang is an intoxicant used to "blow your mind"

degh is not an intoxicant as there are no processed leaves or anything of the sort.

u are more intoxicated after takin half a paracetamol tablet, then you are with 250ml of degh.

exactly singha!, its soo annoying to see ''drinking bhang'' use the correct term!

ALL WHAT MATTER IS WE ARE NIHUNG AND WE HAVE TO MAINTAIN OUR PRIDE

WE CANNOT ACCEPT ANY FACT ANY GURBANI PROOF

ALL WE KNOW IS NIHUNGS ARE ALLOWED TO DRINK BHANG THATS WHY THE NAMES ARE SO SIMILAR

NIHUNG AND BHANG

MADE FOR EACH OTHER

APP SHAKO TE HORNA NU SHAKAO

MAJEY LUTTO

SADA ANAND RAHE DIN RAATI

guru gobind singh ji was a nihang

baba deep singh ji was a nihang

bhai bachittar singh ji was a nihang

banda singh bahadur was a nihang

the panj piyaare at the 1st amrit sanchar became nihangs

akaali phoola singh ji was a nihang

baba giaan singh (giaanaa rabb) was a nihang

sant giani gurbachan singh ji bindranwale was a nihang

sukha singh mehtab singh were nihangs

the 4 sahibzade were all nihangs

and they all took shaheedi degh

o and by your views, they were all made for bhang.

Mod Note: This topic is being moderated for use of abusive language. There is a serious question as to whether this thread should remain open due to the utter disregard of repect, not just for Sikh, but for any members and guests who are new to sikhi, and instead of finding inspiration, or met but pathetic controversies, where common sense seems to have fell in the gutter and Internet warriors are now gianis.

Guest confusingh

Concrete research?... No findings in favour have been concrete, there have been hearings and rights and laws are passed once evidence is found to be substantially correct or valid... let me clarify...

Everybody is talking about facts etc. I'll give you my medical insight, the only positive on practical terms of cannabis is that because the rush of blood is increasing, your muscles are looser, therefore temporarily limiting aches and pains... people with MS and in some cases high blood pressure may benefit from STRICTLY medical use of cannabis. The point people are trying to make is that there is some sort of spiritual link between Sikhi and Cannabis, thats absolute nonsense, perhaps a historical link which I'll explain, but spiritually you're not really elevated on any level, its the fact that the blood rush (im being really un technical here) enduces dopamine which is the 'feel good' chemical within your brain... so if there is anybody saying you are becoming more spiritual from cannabis use... lay off it you might learn more...

On the other hand it can also reduce serotonins, making you feel depressed, paranoid sleep deprived etc. As well as this the long term effects of mental health are really bad... example at a hospital I did my placements at about 6 years ago, the consultant was telling me about a woman who had forgot her baby was in a house in which she didn't turn off the gas... you can all kind of guess what happened... very sad story!

Cannabis also tends to make people lazy if used regularly, people speak about being in anand (ecstacy) however the downer of cannabis is apparently not one which is very pleasant...

The context of marijuana use and Guru ji's days is totally different to how users here are trying to pass it off (some of the suggestions have given me a good laugh!) Puratan traditions should only be carried out in complete context, in the days of Singhs and battle, people would often be left severely wounded finding it difficult to fulfill their role as a soldier, therefore cannabis would provide medicinal pain relief as well as given the person a temporary confidence boost (a cannabis user when high will feel as if they invincible), a quality which is existant in cocaine and other drugs too. A wounded soldier using cannabis JUST for medicinal use is how Nihangs used it back in them days... on the other hand a high soldier who isn't using it for medicinal purposes isn't much use to anybody really, their hand eye co-ordination as well as their balance is impaired, their mental health would be quite poor and it is more than likely they would be quite lazy, the period of activity doesn't last very long... so the use was ONLY for medicinal purposes, not for nasha... if we use it for nasha we go against Bani, often if you see people using sukha, you'll find they'll be very laid back... another problem with oral consumption is that the effects aren't always instant, so one can drink too much and kill alot of brain cells as well as reducing serotonins to an absolute minimum, making them mentally very unstable, unpredictable and significantly lowering their ability to comprehend any information...

a previous poster has claimed puratan traditions have to be followed, well they are in context, getting high for no apparent need or use isn't in the context as it was in Guru ji's days...

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa

Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

yh it was used as a pain killer, and still is in a very small amount of places. but not as an intoxicant. because the amout of cannabis in there is no where near enough to mess with yourhead. only enough to bind with the opiod receptors and bar the pain stimulus for a limited amount of time.