Nihang Rehat

• 4 years later...

Its mentioned in point no. 9

"Shami - Sodar Rehraas --Aarti Aarta parhe ja suney. Saaun samey kirtan sohila da path kar ardas kar bisraam karey"

Aarti is a collection of beautiful shabads and one shud try to sing arti daily.

I dont know much about artaa. May be some nihung veer can tell about arta. I guess it must be contaning Dasam Bani.

aarta is Bhagat Dhanna ji's bani within the collection

Akalifaujan ji,

You are one thousand percent right,

on pg 414 of Prachin Panth Prakash it states that Baba Gurbax Singh ji awoke every morning and drank Sukhnidhaan, becoming intoxicated he would attend to his daily affairs, If the so-called jathedar of 'Damdami Taksal' (I'm sorry, I see him only as a Tarna Dal Nihang) drank Sukha, who is anybody in taksaal to say anything about Dal Panth Maryada?

P.S I am only critical of those in DDT who demean Dal Panth because otherwise we are VERY close with Taksaal as they are doing alot to promote Dasam Bani.

I find it so hard to see the twisting puratan history to prove impeccable examples of sant sipahi made out to look like druggies , sukhniddan is supposed to be made with 5 leaves right? and is a medicine right? and Gurbax SIngh ji was fighting it the field at that time right? and did he not do Shaheedi the same way as Baba Deep Singh ji ? it is interesting to see that lists of historical characters prior to 1900 have been omitted /erased/ or maligned so anyone doing research and who had no real contacts in the nihang world or taksali world would believe the BS flying about . Waheguru ji kirpa karo sanu ik kinka ehna de sikhi deho

I don't know if this is related but studies are showing that their are certain compounds in cannabis that can combat cancer and also regulate electrical impulses in the brain.

Everyone cries about the intoxicating effects of THC (tetrahydrocannabinoid) but it also contains other cannabinoids such as CBD which has the opposite effect of THC and is thought to help with schiziophrenia and anxiety; which would have been potential issues with the relentless and brutal warfare our ancestors faced.

Just throwing that out. Modern strains of 'weed' are abnormally high in THC due to selective breeding and using artificial light (stronger stuff sells better apparently). If puratan Singhs did put ganga in sukh-nidhaan, maybe this is why? Maybe it was the CBD not THC they were getting the benefits from?

Just throwing it out there.

I don't know if this is related but studies are showing that their are certain compounds in cannabis that can combat cancer and also regulate electrical impulses in the brain.

Everyone cries about the intoxicating effects of THC (tetrahydrocannabinoid) but it also contains other cannabinoids such as CBD which has the opposite effect of THC and is thought to help with schiziophrenia and anxiety; which would have been potential issues with the relentless and brutal warfare our ancestors faced.

Just throwing that out. Modern strains of 'weed' are abnormally high in THC due to selective breeding and using artificial light (stronger stuff sells better apparently). If puratan Singhs did put ganga in sukh-nidhaan, maybe this is why? Maybe it was the CBD not THC they were getting the benefits from?

Just throwing it out there.

I think naam and birrass would be many times more effective for dealing with anxiety

I think naam and birrass would be many times more effective for dealing with anxiety

Be that as it may, it still doesn't explain why prominent respected Singh warriors took the substance in the 18th century.

I was just making a suggestion that goes beyond simplistic and frankly puerile thinking that sees it as 'recreational' drug use.

you came across a little sarky ...sorry

lol...no problems, maybe I didn't express myself clearly?

I think me and you are prone to cross wires anyway, so we have to be careful. If I'm ever being sarky, I'd probably be blatant with it.

Going back to the thread: given modern research on cannabinoids and other anecdotal evidence, maybe those purtaan Singhs were ahead of the curve when it came to understanding and using naturally occurring, plant based remedies?