Damdami Taksal Rehit-

vjjk vjkf- sangat ji i came across this rehit maryada on a taksal website-

Five not to be associated with

(i.e. not to eat with or marry your children to)

1. Tobacco users

People who smoke or use any form of tobacco (or drugs) are not to be associated with.

2. Female Infanticide

Those who kill their daughters at birth:

bRhmx kYlI Gwqu kM\kw AxcwrI kw Dwnu ]

iPtk iPtkw koVu bdIAw sdw sdw ABmwnu ]

“The following are all major sins:

Killing a Brahmgyani, killing a cow46, killing or selling your daughter,

And eating from a person who has no moral discipline.

Anyone who commits any of these sins has committed thousands of sins,

This egotistical individual will be reprimanded thousands of times."

(SGGSJ Ang 1413)

kMinAw ko mwry mony ko kMinAW dyvy so qnKwhIAw ]

"They who kill their daughters and marry their daughters to those who cut their hair are punishable." (Rehatnama Bhai Deya Singh Jee)

3. Those who sell their daughters

Those who receive money for the marriage of their daughters and take dowry.

4. Those that cut some of their hair from their head

5. Those who completely shave all their hair from their face and head

A Hukamnama from Sri Akaal Takhat Sahib excommunicated Narakdharees/Fake Nirankaris on 30 June 1978.

SO DOES THIS MEAN WE CANT EAT FOOD FROM LIKE TAKE AWAYS, SUPERMARKETS ETC??? BECAUSE THE PEOPLE MAKING THE FOOD ARE MONEH(4. Those that cut some of their hair from their head)

ANY VEECHAR ON THIS REHIT.............

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WJKK WJKF

Standard rehat maryada's say that Amritdharee's should eat food prepared by another amritdharee, for basic sucham. So basically you should not eat out. This is quite a strict rehat and quite hard to keep but it depends on the rehat you were given when you took amrit.

People then usually ask; not all sewadaars who prepare langar are amritdharee so how come we can eat langar? The basic answer is that we do Bhog to langar and so it has been accepted by Gurusahib. There have been instances when Langar has been tampered with and so has been re-made.

WJKK WJKF

WJKK WJKF

Standard rehat maryada's say that Amritdharee's should eat food prepared by another amritdharee, for basic sucham. So basically you should not eat out. This is quite a strict rehat and quite hard to keep but it depends on the rehat you were given when you took amrit.

People then usually ask; not all sewadaars who prepare langar are amritdharee so how come we can eat langar? The basic answer is that we do Bhog to langar and so it has been accepted by Gurusahib. There have been instances when Langar has been tampered with and so has been re-made.

WJKK WJKF

but what about packaged food like from superstores............ so is it dal and roti all the way.

WJKK WJKF

Hmmmmm it does begin to sound soo much more trickier than than before?!?!!?

I am assuming it would include processed foods aswell, but like I said it is sooooooo difficult. Honestly speaking I do know Singhs that dont eat out and only some processed foods.

WJKK WJKF

its called sarbloh bibek, a rather difficult but extremely fruitful rehit started by Guroo Maharaj followed by wikid khalsas. Would love to be able to do it one day as it is said to protect your kamayee from bad vibes, as what bibekis do is do simran or paath when making food, using only raw materials. I

Bibek is where they only eat food using cooked by amritdharis using raw materials

sarbloh bibek is the same but the food is cooked in sarbloh.

I think there are some bibekis on this forum who could answer best, request to them.

Great articles: http://naam-jor.blogspot.com/2007/01/sarbloh-bibek.html

and

http://www.tapoban.org/langar.html

should we all be sarbloh bibeki then really!!!!!

iv come across sarbloh bibek but people normally say that its an additional rehit if you want to keep it, but the rehit maryada does not say if you want to. Its says a direct command.

so if people follow damdami taksal maryada which i know of many, why aint they bibek really???? is it picking and choosing....

Waheguroo jee ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo jee kee Fateh!

So I can't kill a cow... but everything else is fair game??

/sarcasm

The current translation for those lines above (Sikhitothemax):

If a Brahmin kills a cow or a female infant, and accepts the offerings of an evil person,

he is cursed with the leprosy of curses and criticism; he is forever and ever filled with egotistical pride.

In other words, it talks nothing of who to eat or not to eat from, but rather comments on people being hypocritical. Like if you call yourself a man of god, and then disobey all ur oaths to him, or accept "bad money", those people are egotisical and will be cursed.

Waheguroo jee ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo jee kee Fateh!

Maryada is maryada, if someone chooses to follow/not follow it then thats there own problem, however the maryada will still state that certain things are required

should we all be sarbloh bibeki then really!!!!!

iv come across sarbloh bibek but people normally say that its an additional rehit if you want to keep it, but the rehit maryada does not say if you want to. Its says a direct command.

so if people follow damdami taksal maryada which i know of many, why aint they bibek really???? is it picking and choosing....

KKV using Akhalee Nihang Hardeesh Singh Jee's account

1. The first point is pretty clear and obvious. If you have someone in your family that does smoke, or take drugs; you can’t exactly avoid them in the sense you break your relationship and/or don’t have any contact with them, but in a case like that you wouldn't go a sit with them or be in their Sangath when their doing their smoking or drug thing. You should keep SOME space between you and them but not to the extent you make yourself look inferior (Haumeh-fied) than them and increase your never-ending ego.

haumY sBw gxq hY gxqY nau suKu nwih ]

In egotism, all must account for their actions. In this accounting, there is no peace

2. Those that kill their daughter at birth; again pretty straight forward you shouldn’t join together and become best friends. Don’t go to lengths of being like ‘psssh I aint going to talk etc with you, you daughter killer’ or whatever. Just be aware and remember that they did what they did and you should avoid being in their company.

3. Eating from someone who has no moral principles doesn’t necessarily have to mean they aren’t Gursikh so am not going to eat from them. Obviously if you’re AmrithDharee you should get another AmrithDharee to make your food for you or you should do it yourself.

As for you saying that does that mean we can’t eat from supermarkets....? I think your looking into it a little TOO much...obviously in Puraanthan times and even now in India, food is made from scratch, I doubt here in the western world you could do that. Yes you could do that if you had a farm and you did keh’thee bahree. But living in the western side of the world you only have the supermarkets. The only thing to help that is by preparing the food yourself or getting some other AmrithDharee to make it.

If it bothers you so much eat simply:

En@I dunIAw qoVy bMDnw AMnu pwxI QoVw KwieAw ]

They burn away the bonds of the world, and eat a simple diet of grain and water

Just eat dhaal Parshadhaa, and drink Jal. You could eat fruits and vegetables that you grow yourself.

‘Preeti’ Bhenjee you asked about how if the AmrithDharee we sit near doesn’t follow the Reyath Maryadhaa and you didn't know; well I doubt Vaaheguroo is going to penalise you for sitting near someone who doesn’t follow the Reyath Maryadhaa becuase you didn't know. Its about when you KNOW that the person sitting near you is like a proper Manmukh, and you chose to sit up right close and be in their Sangath.

We are all quick to say how this and this Reyath Maryadhaa is harsh, the thing is no it isn’t we all chose to change the Hukam instead of ourselves. We all choose to stick to our comfort zones, end of the day we lose out.