Namdhari

DhadiMania

Naamdharis are guys who call them selves a sect of Sikhism,

they don't believe Guru Granth SAhib jee ^_^

Toi be our living Guur,

ut accept the first 10, and the continue with their 'deh dhari' Gurus

Akal Takhats position?

no idea :T:

but in the rehit Maryada, in the definition of Sikh, believing in Guru GRAnth SAhib jee Maharaj, is included :@

bhull chukk maaf.

GurFateh

Yep, Namdharis don't believe in the SGGS and started guruship after Guru Gobind Singh Ji, ignoring the guruship of the Granth Sahib. Guru Gobind Singh Ji, strictly stated that all my followers should only take the SGGS as its his/her next living Guru.

However, the Namdhari religion hasn't been hijacked by the Indian Government, unlike the Nirinkaris, etc. It's been there for a while, and hasn't just risen up like the Radhasoamis. They were also good fighters during the British.

I visited some Namdhari gurudwaras in India, they all wear white, and it is very similar to a Gurudwara. My mom's family has Namdhari history, my Nanaji was a Namdhari, but I guess he really wasn't since he followed Sikhism and accepted the SGGS as a Guru.

And my whole mom's side now follows Sikhi, and never heard of them going to Namdhari temples. So are they similar yes? But are they the same? NO.

www.Namdhari.org

Chari Kala,

Gurjote Singh

hang on a minute, i thought there wuz sum person hu as a kid luved servin sants than playin with kids. then guru gobind singh went 2 sum guy n sed that this person doin sewa of saint wuz guru jis roop. thats how namdhari became a sect. n i thought it wuz in late 1700's. not afta guru ji went 2 sachkhand. n i thought they do worship sggs, but nt accepted as guru? i got it frm a a namdhari website.

Waheguru ji ka khalsa, Waheguru ji ki fatehhh

Sangat jio i will try to clearify a few stuff mentioned here but all of u wonderful singhs...

First of all, yes they believe in Sri Guru Granth SAhib ji but do not see it as a leaving guru. They use the banis from SGGS but as osme mentioned do not consider SGGS as the 11th and final guru ji. There was baba ram singh right after guru gobind singh ji...

Let me clarify somethin reli important. Baba Ram singh ji was a highly gursikh and followed gurujis way and respected SGGS as guru. BUT .. the followers afterwards.. LIKE IT ALWAYS HAPPENS.. after baba ram singh ji passed away those ppl declared him as the 11th guru... not baba ji himself.

IF you guys research on him he has done so much bhakti!! At the times of the british he was well known ...

Next, i have went to the main gurdwara in India "Bhaini Sahib" and i dont believe they keep SGGS there.. but i know most of my relatives who are Namdharis, there gutkai compose of bani of SGGS and others.

All my sources comes from my grandma. My whole grandmas and grandpas(passed away) side is all namdhari.. well most. My grandma comes from the Nankai of Baba Ram singh ji...

If i said anythin wrong please forgive me sangat jio..

bhul chuk maph!

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

I was jsut wondering, what/who r Namdharis wut exactly is it that they do? and what is Akhal Takhats position on them?

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

Bhainji

There was a lengthy discussion on the Namdharis on the sikhawareness forum some months ago. Please check the link and it should give you a good background to their beliefs and how they differ from Sikhs

http://sikhawareness.com/sikhawareness/vie...light=namdharis

GurFateh

Bikramjit