Critique Of Sikhism

desibaba

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

haha, wow, what an <banned word filter activated>!

Anyways I started a reply then got bored. I posted what I had so far:

wow Asif... you truly are a remarkable scholar. You remind me of a preschool kid trying to denounce someone's PhD... something u know absolutely nothing about.

I have answers for every one of your points, but it seems a waste of time to preach to someone who has already misinterpreted and actively tries to sell their own views, ie: a bigot. It gets even more hilarious as you use versus from the Quoran to try to make points as to why the SGGS is incorrect. In case you havent noticed, your "religion" has been responsible for some of the greatest atrocities in this planet's history... so while I'll give you credit maybe Islam at some point was a true religion, its been highly perverted along the way (the answer to question 1 you asked). But apparently you forget these things, like you forget how Muslims were slaughtered in the millions during the crusades, and still are today in many parts of the world (answer to question 2).

And maybe you neglect your OWN Qoran when you laugh at the concept that God can exist within individuals, profits (does the name Mohamed ring a bell?), and once that communication exists they become ONE with god. Take a drop of water and put it in the ocean, and that drop becomes indistinguishable from the rest (question 3). Of course, you MUST be best buddies with God, i bet you have him on your facebook page added as a buddy... no? Seems describing the infinite isn't as easy as you'd like. Too bad many gursikhs have actually experienced him, something a bigot like yourself will sadly not do (question 4).

Finally, since I'm getting bored, I'll answer questions 5 and 7: You, sir, have the reading comprehension skills of a chestnut. "There is no Hindu nor no Muslim" doesn't mean that people do not exist, rather it means that the SEPARATION and DEFINITION of these two groups are arbitrary and false. Why? Because we are all the sons and daughters of the SAME ONE GOD, and ANYONE in search of God, sadly even you, is a Sikh: a student. I hope I haven't spoiled your lunch.

desibaba i want to become a muslim :) does islam believe in sacrificing one's life for mankind?

Show me the life desibaba, i don't want to remain infidel anymore. The site you have posted shows shortcomings in sikhism. Can you make a site that sheds light on islam?

Guest peacemaker
desibaba i want to become a muslim :) does islam believe in sacrificing one's life for mankind?

Show me the life desibaba, i don't want to remain infidel anymore. The site you have posted shows shortcomings in sikhism. Can you make a site that sheds light on islam?

Are you serious? :gg:

Can sum1 help me to answer the questions allegedly claiming that sikhism has contradictions in it on the following link:

http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/sikh/TADT81QB9LK5FAL6V

raj kare ga khalsa

i love the fact that someone has to lie to find shortcomings

10 gods????????????????????????????????

murdered Gods?????????????????????????????????????

ik onagkar means gurus r Gods

there r no people

man waheguru

sikhi is perfect

they cant find dirt on a perfect way of life so they make lies

Can sum1 help me to answer the questions allegedly claiming that sikhism has contradictions in it on the following link:

http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/sikh/TADT81QB9LK5FAL6V

raj kare ga khalsa

1. It can also be said that everything in koran is from torah and bible, so what is the need of koran?

Guru Granth Sahib is our way to Lord. Read it. Not to find errors but to find love of Allah. You pick some lines from sikh discusstion forms and paint it like contradictions.

2. Gurus were humans, not gods. Being sikh is not to save your skin, but love of God/Allah/Waheguru.

Maybe you are a muslim to save your skin. But for sikhs, their religion is way to God. Pain and death are irrelevant and you can't escape it whatever religion you chose. You have to reap whatever you sow.

3 & 4. There is one God as per sikhism. He is called Allah, Rama, Kraishna, Satguru or guru sometimes. Ultimate goal of sikh is to be one with God. No sikh believes Nanak continued with reincarnation.

If you read bani, you will see Nanak never called himself God. It is only after his departure, he is called being 'one with God'.

5. Don't go hysterical. Story just shows Allah is everywhere not just confined in Mecca.

6. Guru Granth Sahib was compiled during gurus times, not like koran and bible, which were written centuries later. Guru Amardas was third master on Gurgadi, so you say he should have consulted author of this article before compiling Guru Granth Sahib.

7. Even if he called God Rama/Krishna more times than Allah, that does not mean Nanak was favouring one religion. On one hand some of your friends claim Guru Nanak was muslim, on the other hand you are complaining he is favouring hinduism. There is no competition going on here. Just praise of Almighty.

8. Your article here showed the reason. Sikhism does not believe in blackmailing like your version of islam.

9. No faith come just from brain. If you have advantage of interpreting arabic words into convenient meanings, that does not mean it is a science book or book of logic. Sikhism does not have to worry about numbers.Sikhs were only 13% of population in their first kingdom. Muslims were big majority.

Sikhism started during moghal rule and onslaught from islam and hinduism, it grew. Just think where islam and christianity were during initial centuries. And don't brag about numbers in modern age of nuclear weapons.

10. Who told you every born child is muslim? Then why do you need to cut your piece? Why reciting quran like parrots until their minds are full of hate for non-muslims? Then why child does not take birth speaking arabic and saying quranic verses?

If other people hate islam, it is just reaction of your hate for non-muslims. Guru Granth Sahib even contain banis from Muslims, Golden Temple's first brick was put in by a muslim faqir. Up until partition muslim singers were even singing at Golden Temple.

11. Don't you muslims miss moghal rule? Isn't true some of your brothers want to bring back glorious days of islam back in India? Islam which you preach on university campuses and elsewhere is just marketing techniques. Indian subcontinent had seen real islam for many centuries.

12. There are tens of thousands of white converts in USA. So you are implying they too converted to repel onslaught of islam?

Didn't sikhism repel onslaught of islam? There you already confessed sikhism is better than islam. Gurus did not have to fight zealot muslims only. Tenth master fought with hindu kings as well. If sikhsim is mix of hinduism and islam, then why sikhs dont believe in pilgrimage, fasting etc (as hindus and muslims both do it).

Isn't islam mix of judaism, christianity and some pagan rituals. Wasn't Allah a pagan god?

13. We are talking about sikhs, why you are saying verses from quran?

14. Read Gurbani thoroughly and then you will get answers of your funny question. Guru Nanak became one with Lord and free of reincarnation, how can he come again as anybody else?

15. You again showed that your islam isn't about love of Allah but rather blackmailing of hell and heaven.

Now I have to go back to work tomorrow. We sikhs have to work for living. I dont have time like you (freeloading on welfare or sponsership from saudis), as you people seem to have enough time to write and spread hateful message to other communities. And then you complain people hate islam.

“Mehadeen (Mohammed) was made king of Arabia, He circumcised the kings as a mark of his new religion, He spread his own name instead of the true lords”

Sri Guru Dasam Granth Maharaj.

There is only one guru, guru granth sahib jee.