Dating

Guest cookieman

i was being sarcastic

as u said, most of "apne" can't come up with sufficient arguments in a debate, which apparently leads to conversion of sikh girls (?? :S)

Ppl have been "going out" for centuries, not jus since 2000, so Bobby, I believe you're the one making insufficient arguments.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i was being sarcastic

as u said, most of "apne" can't come up with sufficient arguments in a debate, which apparently leads to conversion of sikh girls (?? :S )

Ppl have been "going out" for centuries, not jus since 2000, so Bobby, I believe you're the one making insufficient arguments.

Ive been reading this fourm for the past year or so and i came to the conclusion that you all are narrow minded unlike some posters like peacemaker who actaually will sit ack and listen to someones opinon.

sher e moreau loved ur post about the 21st century

have to say sher has a point about the things going on now and how they were before

but even though those days were old we should keep those things in our hearts that we shouldnt change who we really are

me n peacemaker r tight, ask anyone

and in general, I'm open to ideas n stuff

and if you know peacemaker, he disagrees with many ppls thoughts n ideas as well

just b/c i disagree withwhat u say does NOT make me narrowminded

oh yeh, it's a well known fact that once u start calling ppl names in a debate, you've lost

cuz u still haven't addressed my statement, just told me i'm narrow minded for stating my opinion, for taking in ur statement, analyzing it, finding it illogical, and then put my own statement forth

u know hom much brain power that takes?

hell man, i iant narrow minded after all that, tha's fosho

:o how can you say its ok? whats the point in going out with random people if its not going to lead anywhere? it just makes you look used and shows you have no sharam!

Lehh how can you say it won't lead anywhere aslong they act acordinly then its fine, well ppl on ere bomb on girls that go out wid paki boys but then you bomb on them checkin apeneh blokes mannn you can't win with you ppl!!!

All I knwo is respectable families find it bezhti no matter if they pakistani or apneh. When someone behaves characterless, don't be biased because of race/religion. Pakistani lafunga and sikh lafunga are still both lafungas you get what I am saying?

you know if i said that to my parents theyd go crazyyyy and they aint even into sikhi so its not just a religious thing its also a cultural thing where we should know its wrong and i couldnt care less whether someone was goin out with an apna, muslim or gora either way its still not acceptable people should have more self control....i sound like a dadi now :( lol

yep its definetly cultural. I have known about amrit-dharis dating and very "religious" people dating, you know the type that go gurdwara alot or do paat etc...

On the other hand there are traditional families that may not be religious but have proper self respect and would break anyoens legs if tried dating their daughters/sisters. I would marry these kinda girls but never the the religious ones that got exes.

You know that little while after boy and girl get introduced by parents and they are suppose to 'get to know each other' What do you lot think that is? :rolleyes:

Dating for us should be just, 'get to know the person' not anything physical (obviously). Even while dating, the eventual aim should always be marriage, don't do it because you want to 'get with' someone. Learn to put a positive spin on things, it'll serve you good in life.

I don't know much about the pre-marriage introductions, but I am sure they are not stupid, and know that they aren't partners yet but are going to get married to become partners if they are suitable? I am sure this dating thing edges more towards being partbners without marriage.

I am pretty sure people who get to know peopel don't call it, or don;t even need to call it, dating. Trust lol

well preeti i respect your opionion but we are in the 21st centry and we live in a western world and i think we have to adatped with the times thats my two cents

Of course, many of us live in Kaliyuga. But I think many of us follow Guru Nanak because we don't want to move with these times of Kaliyuga. Adapt yes, but copy like sheep, NO! lol Remember, we didn;t even let the Mughals assimilate us into their culture, some of us don't get assimilated simple as that, got our annakh and izzat to maintain!!

No wonder muslim boys can talk there way into converting young sikh girls when there sikh brothers can't even come up with good arrugments pshhhhhhhh.

Nah man, its the liberal girls into dating stuff. Sikh playas can easily talk them into doing stuff just as easily.

ok dating no good in sikhi thats final

I mean we shoudln't look down on people, we should be tolerant sikhs. Everyone does their own thing. BUT, when someone tries to make dating look decent, fir hor gal ah....

who the hell reads bani on there computer?????

Trust me mate I do enough bani research on computer. I love using it on extremists, it winds them up and shuts them up about things. lol

:o how can you say its ok? whats the point in going out with random people if its not going to lead anywhere? it just makes you look used and shows you have no sharam!

Lehh how can you say it won't lead anywhere aslong they act acordinly then its fine, well ppl on ere bomb on girls that go out wid paki boys but then you bomb on them checkin apeneh blokes mannn you can't win with you ppl!!!

All I knwo is respectable families find it bezhti no matter if they pakistani or apneh. When someone behaves characterless, don't be biased because of race/religion. Pakistani lafunga and sikh lafunga are still both lafungas you get what I am saying?

you know if i said that to my parents theyd go crazyyyy and they aint even into sikhi so its not just a religious thing its also a cultural thing where we should know its wrong and i couldnt care less whether someone was goin out with an apna, muslim or gora either way its still not acceptable people should have more self control....i sound like a dadi now :( lol

yep its definetly cultural. I have known about amrit-dharis dating and very "religious" people dating, you know the type that go gurdwara alot or do paat etc...

On the other hand there are traditional families that may not be religious but have proper self respect and would break anyoens legs if tried dating their daughters/sisters. I would marry these kinda girls but never the the religious ones that got exes.

You know that little while after boy and girl get introduced by parents and they are suppose to 'get to know each other' What do you lot think that is? :rolleyes:

Dating for us should be just, 'get to know the person' not anything physical (obviously). Even while dating, the eventual aim should always be marriage, don't do it because you want to 'get with' someone. Learn to put a positive spin on things, it'll serve you good in life.

I don't know much about the pre-marriage introductions, but I am sure they are not stupid, and know that they aren't partners yet but are going to get married to become partners if they are suitable? I am sure this dating thing edges more towards being partbners without marriage.

I am pretty sure people who get to know peopel don't call it, or don;t even need to call it, dating. Trust lol

well preeti i respect your opionion but we are in the 21st centry and we live in a western world and i think we have to adatped with the times thats my two cents

Of course, many of us live in Kaliyuga. But I think many of us follow Guru Nanak because we don't want to move with these times of Kaliyuga. Adapt yes, but copy like sheep, NO! lol Remember, we didn;t even let the Mughals assimilate us into their culture, some of us don't get assimilated simple as that, got our annakh and izzat to maintain!!

No wonder muslim boys can talk there way into converting young sikh girls when there sikh brothers can't even come up with good arrugments pshhhhhhhh.

Nah man, its the liberal girls into dating stuff. Sikh playas can easily talk them into doing stuff just as easily.

I personally thingk peopel are forgetting their cultures and traditions, so dating losing their shame in the process, which lets them do things like dating partnerships with no problem. And yeh both extremist muslims and extremist sikhs have caused this brainwashing against culture.

ok dating no good in sikhi thats final

I mean we shoudln't look down on people, we should be tolerant sikhs. Everyone does their own thing. BUT, when someone tries to make dating look decent, fir hor gal ah....

who the hell reads bani on there computer?????

Trust me mate I do enough bani research on computer. I love using it on extremists, it winds them up and shuts them up about things. lol

basically u wasted a year of reading on this forum lol....great conclusion...U SHUD LEAVE ASWELL...ur opinions of 21st century are nonsense and immoral. I know how the west works, I live in the south where traditions are held high. I know a white southern baptist family in US who wont let their kids date because its immoral. they also solve all family issues at home instead going to the court. THEY never had a divorce in the family.

i was being sarcastic

as u said, most of "apne" can't come up with sufficient arguments in a debate, which apparently leads to conversion of sikh girls (?? :S )

Ive been reading this fourm for the past year or so and i came to the conclusion that you all are narrow minded unlike some posters like peacemaker who actaually will sit ack and listen to someones opinon.

basically u wasted a year of reading on this forum lol....great conclusion...U SHUD LEAVE ASWELL...ur opinions of 21st century are nonsense and immoral. I know how the west works, I live in the south where traditions are held high. I know a white southern baptist family in US who wont let their kids date because its immoral. they also solve all family issues at home instead going to the court. THEY never had a divorce in the family.

now that's nice, a gora family with annakh :) ))))

Bob The Babba,

In Gurbani it is written to look at all women other than your wife as either mothers, daughters, or sisters. A difficult Hukam for most of us to follow, but we should still try right?

Dating clearly contradicts this Hukam. Nowhere in Gurbani is there any allowance for it. And Gurbani is Adh Sach, Jugadh Sach, Hai Bhi Sach, and Guru Nanak says: Ho Si Bhi Sach: True in the Past, is True now, and will certainly be just as True in the future, regardless of the ever-changing vaguaries and fashions of society.

Someone posted that it's all right to get to know one another if we are going to get married. I certainly agree with this. Discussion on expectations for family etc. as well as getting to know personalities is not wrong, so long as it doesn't go beyond discussion. However, I strongly feel that it should not be called dating.

Calling it dating grants some legitimacy to the concept of dating in Gurmat, the label dating can refer to many things, under the cloak of which some people will merely push things farther than just discussion. May seem strange but when people want something they find it a lot easier to make logical leaps that woudldn't normally happen.