Dating

Guest cookieman

Guest jastme
Bob The Babba,

In Gurbani it is written to look at all women other than your wife as either mothers, daughters, or sisters. A difficult Hukam for most of us to follow, but we should still try right?

Dating clearly contradicts this Hukam. Nowhere in Gurbani is there any allowance for it. And Gurbani is Adh Sach, Jugadh Sach, Hai Bhi Sach, and Guru Nanak says: Ho Si Bhi Sach: True in the Past, is True now, and will certainly be just as True in the future, regardless of the ever-changing vaguaries and fashions of society.

Someone posted that it's all right to get to know one another if we are going to get married. I certainly agree with this. Discussion on expectations for family etc. as well as getting to know personalities is not wrong, so long as it doesn't go beyond discussion. However, I strongly feel that it should not be called dating.

Calling it dating grants some legitimacy to the concept of dating in Gurmat, the label dating can refer to many things, under the cloak of which some people will merely push things farther than just discussion. May seem strange but when people want something they find it a lot easier to make logical leaps that woudldn't normally happen.

TOTALLY AGREE

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if I coueld make people leave I would've done it long time ago bob the budha lol u would've been one of those people. before u say e-khadkoo and other <admin-profanity filter activated> just read what i write and dont misunderstand me okay.......u people just take my posts out of context....i haven't said anything that would make me a e-khadkoo or khadkoo at all lol.

U SHUD LEAVE ASWELL

Hahahahahahahaha make me e-kharku

Ive been reading this fourm for the past year or so and i came to the conclusion that you all are narrow minded unlike some posters like peacemaker who actaually will sit ack and listen to someones opinon.

If we all are narrow minded u dont need our sangat so thats why i asked u to leave man lol get it now?....u've been keep reading this forum full of posts made by narrow minded people no wonder u became so modern haha chal take care

me n peacemaker r tight, ask anyone

and in general, I'm open to ideas n stuff

and if you know peacemaker, he disagrees with many ppls thoughts n ideas as well

just b/c i disagree withwhat u say does NOT make me narrowminded

oh yeh, it's a well known fact that once u start calling ppl names in a debate, you've lost

cuz u still haven't addressed my statement, just told me i'm narrow minded for stating my opinion, for taking in ur statement, analyzing it, finding it illogical, and then put my own statement forth

u know hom much brain power that takes?

hell man, i iant narrow minded after all that, tha's fosho

^^u still haven't addressed this comment either, and im gettin bored lookin everyday for an answer

I think everyone misunderstanding bob the babba, i think he means getting to know your possible future partner maybe as opposed to having any sexual relationship?

I think he brought up something intresting about boys from other religions going off with sikh girls.

Strong opinions have been expressed against "dating", but is there any consensus on what this means?

Can anyone explain what is at a minimum considered "dating"? I am a bit surprised at the strong opinions given that "dating" can suggest having a few chats over tea in public and nothing more.

We should switch on before we decide to flip out.

U SHUD LEAVE ASWELL

Hahahahahahahaha make me e-kharku

lol :LOLz:

and stay, I like reading different people's views, this is a good thing, not to be limieted to only some people's views.

I think everyone misunderstanding bob the babba, i think he means getting to know your possible future partner maybe as opposed to having any sexual relationship?

I think he brought up something intresting about boys from other religions going off with sikh girls.

Strong opinions have been expressed against "dating", but is there any consensus on what this means?

Can anyone explain what is at a minimum considered "dating"? I am a bit surprised at the strong opinions given that "dating" can suggest having a few chats over tea in public and nothing more.

Hmmm well dating normally refers to a pre-marital partnership. This is why to avoid confusion, we shouldn't use this term even for some other way of getting to know someone, eg going for a meeting or having a chat with someone etc.

Besides its pretty obvious what everyone thinks when someone mentions the term dating.

Hmmm well dating normally refers to a pre-marital partnership. This is why to avoid confusion, we shouldn't use this term even for some other way of getting to know someone, eg going for a meeting or having a chat with someone etc.

Besides its pretty obvious what everyone thinks when someone mentions the term dating.

So are you saying that it is acceptable for prospecting partners to meet for chats over tea? If it is pretty obvious what everyone thinks, please tell exactly when does it become dating. It is not obvious to me. Does smiling result in unacceptable dating?

I am not supporting pre-marital relationship experiments, but I do think that we tend to be a bit tribal in our thinking about other practices which can be quite diverse. The word dating is mentioned and punjabi men start getting 'hot and bothered'. (not speaking about you londoncaste)

well to be honest, when someone says that they are dating, most, probably all times, they have meant that they are partners ie bf and gf.

Which I definetly see more than a cup of tea. lol

An d it does leave me bothered if when I get married that all the girls that are left are nes that say they have ex partners. lol

So I do get more bothered aboout dating then I normally would, because it still somehow affects me and others when choosing a partner for marriage, ie who not to choose.