Why Tobacco Is Not Allowed In Sikhi

Waheguru Jee Pyarya Sadh Sangat

Guru Gobind Singh jee and his fauj were walking to anandpur. Guru jee was on his horse. they suddenly halted infront of a field on the journey home and they all stopped a few moments later Guru ji took the fauj back and told them they were to go another route home. on the route one of the soliders ask guru ji " Guru ji why are we going the long way when we could have just walked through the field that we halted at and we would have reached our destination". Guru ji replied " that field was a tobacco field and it was not me that halted my horse did. it refused to walk through such an unclean place" so if my horse is not willing to enter the place of tobacco then niether should my Sikhs enter or be surrounded by such pollution" every action of our guru JEE was done for a reason. truly they were the bright light in this kalijug

DHAN DHAN GURU GOBIND SINGH JEE

GURFATEH

• 2 weeks later...

post-16046-1214779028_thumb.jpgpost-16046-1214779028_thumb.jpg

Waheguru Jee Pyarya Sadh Sangat

Guru Gobind Singh jee and his fauj were walking to anandpur. Guru jee was on his horse. they suddenly halted infront of a field on the journey home and they all stopped a few moments later Guru ji took the fauj back and told them they were to go another route home. on the route one of the soliders ask guru ji " Guru ji why are we going the long way when we could have just walked through the field that we halted at and we would have reached our destination". Guru ji replied " that field was a tobacco field and it was not me that halted my horse did. it refused to walk through such an unclean place" so if my horse is not willing to enter the place of tobacco then niether should my Sikhs enter or be surrounded by such pollution" every action of our guru JEE was done for a reason. truly they were the bright light in this kalijug

DHAN DHAN GURU GOBIND SINGH JEE

GURFATEH

Khalsa jee, fateh! i am in need of some help! i have come accross a sri mukhbaak P:10 that i have been trying to locate in sri dasam granth. iv come empty handded..

ok.. all i no about this composition is that it is an 'asphorkat swayae'

it is :

'' ik ongkaar sri waheguru ji ki fateh, sri mukhvaak P:10

nishaani sikhi punj haraf ast kaaf, har giz na baashade azii punz muwaaf||

kara kaar do kach khanghae bidhaa, bila kesh haech ast jumale nishaan||

haraf hai kaat ast azii punz kaaf, bidha nund bavar na goyam khilaaf||

HUKA HAJAAMAT HALLO HARAM, bariishe hina karad roo siya faam||

sri dasam granth asforkat sawayae....''

here it explains the punj kakaar and the 4 bad things.. and the last bit saying no dying of hair and such things...

its amazing.!

id be happy to recieve email as i dont come on this site often... hsbansal1@hotmail.co.uk

thank you!!.

fatehji

wjkk wjkf

it is not allowed as you are trying to hide the truth. your hair are turning white or gray, its not your choice, it is his hukam. why not simply accept it?????????? and does dying hair keep them black forever- NO. then why fight against guru ji's wish when you know you never gonna win.

this same applies to cutting kesh.... why cutting kesh when they gonna grow again.... you can never win this race. the solution is - ACCEPT THE TRUTH

wjkk wjkf

hey why is dying of hair banned?? i belive many sikhs dye their beards, and bibiyan their hair.

wjkk wjkf

it is not allowed as you are trying to hide the truth. your hair are turning white or gray, its not your choice, it is his hukam. why not simply accept it?????????? and does dying hair keep them black forever- NO. then why fight against guru ji's wish when you know you never gonna win.

this same applies to cutting kesh.... why cutting kesh when they gonna grow again.... you can never win this race. the solution is - ACCEPT THE TRUTH

wjkk wjkf

hey why is dying of hair banned?? i belive many sikhs dye their beards, and bibiyan their hair.

Saad Sangath Ji,

Fateh

I feel Guruji foresaw the ills of tobacco.

Even today if you take the stats you'll find less people die of alcohol realted diseases than tobacco related diseases.

All the best

• 10 months later...

Actually in Sikhi, we get to the root cause...

We say visiting prostitutes is bad, robbing a bank is bad..but in sikhi, our Gurus knew, that there are millions and millions of sins...but all sins come from 5 thieves..so, control the 5 theives and all the rest will vanish..

The same with dying your hair... It is ego... to look good... control ego and this will vanish...

wjkk wjkf

wjkk wjkf

EXACTLY! also dont cut toenails or finger nails.

• 6 months later...
wjkk wjkf

wjkk wjkf

EXACTLY! also dont cut toenails or finger nails.

We cut the extended toenails and fingernails because they are useless parts and will break if we dont cut them. We comb hair and get a bundle of hair stuck in the comb since their roots were weak and were going to fall anyway. This is natures cycle. And keeps the body clean.

QUOTES FROM GURSHABAD RATNAKAR MAHANKOSH by Bhai Kahan Singh ji Nabha

ਤਮਾਕੂਤਮਾਖੂਾ. ... ਤੰਬਾਕੂ ਅ. ... ਦੁਾਨ. ਪੁਰਤ. ... ਸੰ. ਤਾਮ੍ਰਕੂਟ ਅਤੇ ਕਲੰਜ. *... ਇਹ ਅਸਲ ਬੂਟੀ ਅਮਰੀਕਾ ਦੀ ਹੈ ਅਤੇ ਇਸ ਦਾ ਨਾਮ ... ਹੈ. ਯੂਰਪ ਦੇ ਯਾਤ੍ਰੀ ਉਸ ਦੇਸ਼ ਤੋਂ ਹੋਰ ਦੇਸ਼ਾਂ ਵਿੱਚ ਉੱਥੋਂ ਦੇ ਨਾਮ ਸਮੇਤ ਲੈ ਆਏ ਹਨ. ਯੂਰਪ ਵਿੱਚ ਇਸ ਦਾ ਪ੍ਰਚਾਰ ਸਨ ੧੫੬੦ ਵਿੱਚ ਹੋਇਆ ਅਤੇ ਭਾਰਤ ਵਿੱਚ ਪੁਰਤਗਾਲ ਦੇ ਵਪਾਰੀਆਂ ਨੇ ਸਨ ੧੬੦੫ ਵਿੱਚ ਤਮਾਕੂ ਬੀਜ ਸਮੇਤ ਲਿਆਂਦਾ ਅਤੇ ਦੇਸ਼ ਵਿੱਚ ਫੈਲਾਇਆ.ਤਮਾਖੂਮੁਸਲਮਾਨ ਤਮਾਕੂ ਦੇ ਵਰਤਣ ਨੂੰ ਮਕਰੂਹ ਜਾਣਦੇ ਹਨ, ਇਸੇ ਲਈ ਮਸਜਿਦਾਂ ਵਿੱਚ ਇਸ ਦਾ ਵਰਤਣਾ ਮਨਾ ਕੀਤਾ ਹੋਇਆ ਹੈ. ਖਾਸ ਕਰਕੇ ਵਹਾਬੀ ਮੁਸਲਮਾਨ ਤਮਾਕੂ ਤੋਂ ਬਹੁਤ ਪਰਹੇਜ਼ ਕਰਦੇ ਹਨ.ਤਮਾਖੂਗੁਰਮਤ ਵਿੱਚ ਇਸ ਦਾ ਪੂਰਣ ਤਾਗ ਹੈ ਅਰ ਇਸ ਦਾ ਨਾਮ ਜਗਤਜੂਠ, ਬਿਖਾ ਤਥਾ ਗੰਦਾਧੂਮ ਲਿਖਿਆ ਹੈ. ''ਜਗਤਜੂਠ ਤੇ ਰਹਿਯੈ ਦੂਰ.'' (ਗੁਪ੍ਰਸੂ) ''ਬਿਖਾ ਕਿਰਿਆ ਭੱਦਨ ਤਾਗੋ.'' (ਗੁਵਿ ੧੦) ''ਗੰਦਾਧੂਮ ਬੰਸ ਤੇ ਤਾਗਹੁ। ਅਤਿ ਗਲਾਨਿ ਇਸ ਤੇ ਧਰ ਭਾਗਹੁ.'' (ਗੁਪ੍ਰਸੂ) ''ਕੁੱਠਾ ਹੁੱਕਾ ਚਰਸ ਤਮਾਕੁ. ... ਇਨ ਕੀ ਓਰ ਨ ਕਬਹੂ ਦੇਖੈ,'' (ਪ੍ਰਸ਼ਨੋੱਤਰ ਭਾਈ ਨਦਲਾਲ)Bhul chuk Khima Wjkk wjkf