It Guru Ji's Bana Not Nihang Bana!

Because you are talking as if just because guroo sahib is a so called "Akali Nihang" all other akali nihangs have the same right to make decisions YOU DONT.

Well I was actually merely trying to say that because Guru Sahib was nihang, then they also created bana as a nihang as well.

Nice how you ignored the main point of my post, why don't you answer the question? can't you? or any other so called nihang for that matter?

Which is the elitism, right? Please explain further what you find elitist, if I have been.

benti to people, do not use straw man arguments. This is when a person defeats a fake argument/point that the other person did not make. It's unbecoming of Sikhs.

For example, someone posted "Basically to say that only Nihangs should wear bana is ludicrous, especially for those people not born into nihang famil"

Nobody on the thread said, or even remotely implied this.

As Sikhs, honesty is very important for us, it has a hyooooooge effect on our jeevans & is a Hukam from Waheguru.

I don't mean to offend anyone.

Firstly, I wasn't targetting you in particular :)

But anyway, the point I am making is, so Guroo Ji's army rank is Akali Nihang right? Just a way of organising the fauj.

However, above all Guroo Ji is a KHALSA, so why must nihangs insist on calling it NIHANG bana, why not KHALSA bana?

The impression I am getting seems to be that the reason for this is that by firstly defining Nihang as only one who has taken amrit at a certain place, joined a "dal", by calling KHALSA bana nihang bana, a minority group within the panth is trying to monopolise on the Khalsa's dress and shut it off from the whole panth.

benti to people, do not use straw man arguments. This is when a person defeats a fake argument/point that the other person did not make. It's unbecoming of Sikhs.

For example, someone posted "Basically to say that only Nihangs should wear bana is ludicrous, especially for those people not born into nihang famil"

Nobody on the thread said, or even remotely implied this.

As Sikhs, honesty is very important for us, it has a hyooooooge effect on our jeevans & is a Hukam from Waheguru.

I don't mean to offend anyone.

lol yes but it adds drama for them. emotional blackmail perhaps? :D

Firstly, I wasn't targetting you in particular :)

But anyway, the point I am making is, so Guroo Ji's army rank is Akali Nihang right? Just a way of organising the fauj.

However, above all Guroo Ji is a KHALSA, so why must nihangs insist on calling it NIHANG bana, why not KHALSA bana?

The impression I am getting seems to be that the reason for this is that by firstly defining Nihang as only one who has taken amrit at a certain place, joined a "dal", by calling KHALSA bana nihang bana, a minority group within the panth is trying to monopolise on the Khalsa's dress and shut it off from the whole panth.

Well when the Khalsa fauj was all nihangs, I am pretty sure nihang bana would have been a justifiable term. When other Singhs came about, jathas and whatever else, also namdharis etc, I am sure they didn;t adopt this bana straight away. For example, Singhs in the British forces didn't wear nihang bana did they, and I think akali nihang khalsa fauj would have been against British anyway.

But I don't see the point of shutting off KHALSA bana to only one group of people.

Guroo Gobind Singh Ji Maharaj is KHALSA, his kakkars are for the KHALSA not just nihangs, and so is the Bana.

Who are you to decide that it was only given to "nihangs", how do you know that, like kakkars, it wasnt given to the whole Khalsa Panth?

@ singhstah

1 u said all sikhs are nihangs

2 u said nihangs didnt invented bana

if all sikhs are nihangs that makes guru gobind singh ji nihang who invented banna so its nihang banna as per your words only .... isnt it ???

Guru Gobind Singh ji was an Akali NIHANG

Can i have proof that Guroo Gobind Singh Jee was a Nihung ie written accounts of the time of Guroo Jee or shortly after (upto 1720) that actually refer to Guroo Jee as a Nihung or give Guroo Jee the title Akali

Nihungs also refer to Guroo Nanak Dev Jee as 'Akali'...does this mean that Guroo Nanak Dev Jee is a Nihung too?

lol... I can't be bothered any more, why should I waste my time with people trying to be pedantic for the sake of it.

At the end of the day, Guroo Sahib is a Khalsa, his uniform- 5 kakkars, chola, shastars are for the Khalsa.

end of discussion

VahegurooJiKaKhalsaVahegurooJiKiFateh