New So Called Gur Matta Re Dasam Granth Ji

AK-47

It seems that the anti dasam granth brigade are deploying new tactics to sideline the bani of guru gobind singh ji. Now while kind of accepting the bani they had decided to ban (lol) the parkash of dasam granth sahib ji next to guru granth sahib ji. There reason for this is that since guru granth sahib ji is the guru no other granth should be parkash or even given the same satkar.

Some singhs have argued that this has happened historically. Well this has happened historically right up to the present date. If anyone can point out a single man out of these singh sahibs or jathedhars who have done more for the panth and more to highlight satkar of guru granth sahib ji then sant jarnail singh ji khalsa bhindranwale did please point him out. The whole movement around 1984 and sant ji was based on respect to guru granth sahib ji. listen to sant's speeches and see what he has to say about guru sahib.

and yet sant ji had dasam granth ji parksah next to guru granth sahib ji at the gurudwara sahib in mehta. Now if this was such a massive beadbi, do we really think sant jarnail singh ji would have let this happen? For everyone who has pyar for sant ji, just ask yourself, was he the kind of man who would do beadbi himself and somehow lower the status of guru granth sahib ji? Answer is no. So just on this point i'll argue that this isnt beadbi.

On a historical level also the parkash of dasam granth sahib ji (or another granth as they say) with guru granth sahib ji is not wrong.

Singh doing vichar advised that when guru arjan dev ji was guru, he had parkash of 'guru' granth sahib ji at the same time. even though guru granth sahib ji was not the guru, parkash was done and full satkar was given on the same level as to guru arjan dev ji. after this all the next gurus had equal parkash of guru granth sahib ji, but THEY were the guru, not guru granth sahib ji. but as this was bani of the gurus it was given the full and same satkar.

when guru gobind singh ji was guru he also had guru granth sahib ji at the same level as him. so if we say that no other granth can be parkash next to guru sahib, then this must mean that guru arjan dev ji, guru har gobind sahib ji, guru har rai sahib ji, guru har krishan sahib ji, guru tegh bahadur sahib ji and guru gobind singh sahib ji ALLLL did beadbi by having 'another granth' parkash next to the guru??!!

i think we all need to stop and think before people start passing these mattas or accepting them. To accept this matta in my opinion, is to accept that the guru sahib were guilty of the above, i.e. doing parkash of any other granth next to guru ji. Therefore I for one will not be accepting this matta as it is not based on any gurmat and is another sign of the puppets and politics of punjab.

Singh doing vichar advised that when guru arjan dev ji was guru, he had parkash of 'guru' granth sahib ji at the same time. even though guru granth sahib ji was not the guru, parkash was done and full satkar was given on the same level as to guru arjan dev ji. after this all the next gurus had equal parkash of guru granth sahib ji, but THEY were the guru, not guru granth sahib ji. but as this was bani of the gurus it was given the full and same satkar.

when guru gobind singh ji was guru he also had guru granth sahib ji at the same level as him. so if we say that no other granth can be parkash next to guru sahib, then this must mean that guru arjan dev ji, guru har gobind sahib ji, guru har rai sahib ji, guru har krishan sahib ji, guru tegh bahadur sahib ji and guru gobind singh sahib ji ALLLL did beadbi by having 'another granth' parkash next to the guru??!!

This doesn't make sense... Will reply tommorow as its 12:35 am here lols

Veer Ak-47,

Firstly, you bring up the aspect that "modern Sikhs" have banned parkash of Dasam Granth. Fact is there are gurmattas prior to 47 that bann the parkash AND AKHAND PATH of Dasam Granth. Gulshan mentioned the date of the mattas during his talk on Panjab radio - so no, it's not a "modern issue" :)

As far as I'm aware (please enlighten me if I'm wrong), theres no pre malcolm evidence of parkash of Dasam Granth along Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji Maharaj. Fact is, most people maintain that Dasam Bani was collected by Bhai Mani Singh - how could parkash be prior to him compiling Dasam Granth? If ther are any contemporary saroops - what evidence is there to support they were parkash?

As for comparing Sant Jarnail Singh with the Takhat Jathedars, I'm sorry to blow you bubble. Sant Jarnail Singh Ji did MASSIVE amount of seva for the panth, but this does not make him an authority in Panth. He solely does NOT have the right to make amendments in the maryada (although considering the amount of support he had from Sangat, I'm sure he DID have the "power" to do so, but acknowledging that he solely does not have the right to change maryada - he refrained from doing so in Gurdwaras, apart from where this was done - Mehta et co.) So while yes, he did a lot of seva, and had the possibility of changing the was things had been going, he refrained from doing so - why?

You comparing a handfull of Sikhs doing parkash of Dasam Granth at par with Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji, as Guru Arjan Dev Ji doing parkash of Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji is totally flawed. If the Panth however, as a whole, maintained that this is the way it should be, then fine. But at this point of time, only certain jathebandis (taksal and certain nihang dals) maintains this "maryada." It is not a decision of the Panth - or should I say GURU PANTH. Oh I forgot, Jathedar of certain jathebandis have the same, if not more, authority as the Panth, in your eyes :)

As for who is a puppet or not - I certainly don't see you calling them puppets when they issue statements condemning those who QUESTION Dasam Bani - why when they clarify the Panthic Maryadas stance of Parkash of both Granth :)

Lest you have forgotten - Gyani Gurbachan Singh of Taksal himself told Gyani Kirpal Singh (student of taksal becoming jathedar of Akal Takhat) that the maryada of Taksal is maryada of taksal. The maryada of the PANTH is the maryada of the PANTH, which is the one you follow when you are serving the PANTH as a whole :)