New So Called Gur Matta Re Dasam Granth Ji

AK-47

Veer Namstang jee, I feel that the issue has not been adressed at all. firstly the words varkar tul have been very left out of the translation of the panthic sikh rehit maryada. If we decide we can change what Guru jee told us to do, where will we stop? Like I said before: We must consider this decision by Guru Gobind Singh jee to be wrong if we need to rectify the situation by doing parkash of the Dasam Granth jee with Guru GRanth Sahib jee.

Veer Just me jee personally I have Santosht in guru jees decision in giving gurgaddi to the Guru granth Sahib jee, therefore I do not need to make such statements. The question can easily be changed by Guru jee asking why are you doing parkash of my bani when I did not?

Veer Bundha, I believe Macolms account is from 1805, whereas the paintings are mid 1800s.

JUSTME jee, what are you basing you assumption that everyone who doesn't believe in parkash at par with Maharaj, dont have any kamay or abhyas, or are you saying only sant samaj have any kamai and abhyas :) ?

Mr V

Parkash of dasam Granth is done at takhats.You should know that it was in parkash at akal takhat too till 1944.Please read sikh history before downgrading sikh scriptures under an agenda.

http://www.sridasamgranth.com/

In Ranjit Singh time and the preserving of Maryada by Akali Phula Singh at the

Akal Takht shows clearly that both Granths were seen as equal and Gurmatas

were taken in the presence of both Granths.

Even British sources confirm the practice of both Granths at the Takhts including

Patna Sahib. Charles Wilkins upon his visit to the Takht in 1781 states that he

witnessed two Granths present at Patna.

www.sridasamgranth.com

Palkis of Sri Guru Granth Sahib and Sri Dasam Granth at Takht Patna Sahib

The practice of the Prakash of the Sri Dasam Granth took place at Akal Takht

and other Takhts because a Takht represents the Miri side of Sikh polity, and

hence no reading of the Sri Dasam Granth takes place at Harimandir Sahib

except in the form of Kirtan.

Guru Hargobind brought the Miri-Piri concept in the forefront at the time of his

succession to becoming Guru. On that day he wore two swords declaring one to

be the symbol of the spiritual (Piri) and the other that of his temporal investiture

(Miri). As a result the symbology of Shastars within the Takhts and Gurudwaras

represents this Miri side of the Sikhs. The Sri Dasam Granth represents this

same symbology and hence the warrior spirit enshrined within this Granth.

So if the prakash of Granths have taken place at the Takhts since the 18th

century why does this not continue at the Akal Takht now?

The Prakash and Akhand Path of the Sri Dasam Granth did take place at the

Akal Takht on a regular basis up until the 1940's when it was removed under

pressure from the SGPC. One example of the Prakash of both Granths taking

place is shown below:

www.sridasamgranth.com

In 1944, from December 21 to December 25, on the occasion of the

Birthday celebrations of Guru Gobind Singh, there was held an

Akhand Path of the Dasam Granth at the Akal Takht by Jathedar

Mohan Singh who was then the Jathedar of Akal Takht as well as the

President of the Shiromani Gurudwara Prabandhak Committee

The Poetry of the Dasam Granth, Dr Ashta (1959), p5

The idea that the prakash of the Sri Guru Granth Sahib together with the Sri

Dasam Granth is an invalid practice shows no basis in Sikh History and in fact

has always been an established practice at the Takhts.

The recent Hukumnama states that no reading of any other Pustak should be

undertaken at the same time with the Sri Guru Granth Sahib, but interestingly a

modern practice which takes place throughout Punjab is parallel Akhand Paths of

Sri Guru Granth Sahib, Sukhmani Sahib paths etc.

There is no evidence of these type of Akhand Paths taking place in the 17th and

18th Centuries but the Prakash of the Sri Guru Granth Sahib with the Sri Dasam

Granth has been proven because the Sri Dasam Granth is an inseparable scripture of khalsa panth.

Unquote

Veer Namstang jee, I feel that the issue has not been adressed at all. firstly the words varkar tul have been very left out of the translation of the panthic sikh rehit maryada. If we decide we can change what Guru jee told us to do, where will we stop? Like I said before: We must consider this decision by Guru Gobind Singh jee to be wrong if we need to rectify the situation by doing parkash of the Dasam Granth jee with Guru GRanth Sahib jee.

Veer Just me jee personally I have Santosht in guru jees decision in giving gurgaddi to the Guru granth Sahib jee, therefore I do not need to make such statements. The question can easily be changed by Guru jee asking why are you doing parkash of my bani when I did not?

Our Gurus did not tell us to use derigatory language for Dasam granth.What do you think of the *edited* who call it Gandh Da tokra.

Veer Inder Singh our Gurus didnt tell us to use the language you use either. I think those people who use such words regarding the dasam granth and people who use the language you have, should first read the Guru granth Sahib so such disgusting words dont come out of your mouths.

imTqu nIvI nwnkw gux cMigAweIAw qqu ]

Veer Inder Singh our Gurus didnt tell us to use the language you use either. I think those people who use such words regarding the dasam granth and people who use the language you have, should first read the Guru granth Sahib so such disgusting words dont come out of your mouths.

Ghorandhar ji

Have you read

Gur ki ninda sunne na kaan

Bhetat de sang-------

We are not pujari of muths ath we will keep quiet after listening to the fifth columnists abusing our scritptures under a conspiracy. We will give reply in appropriate language. Sorry for offending your sensibilities.

Ghorandhar ji

Have you read

Bhetat de sang-------

We are not pujari of muths ath we will keep quiet after listening to the fifth columnists abusing our scritptures under a conspiracy. We will give reply in appropriate language. Sorry for offending your sensibilities.

Nice to see your post has been edited. If you are not going to read gurbani, atleast read the forum's rules. You might swear in your every day life, but on this forum there are children and its not something which Sikhi advocates either. However wrong you feel someones views maybe, learn to use the appropriate language.

Anyways, the issue here was parkash of the Dasam granth jee, not what some people are saying about the content of the Dasam Granth jee.

simple answer, if you got a problem then take it up with the singhs, you cant give answers to anything that veer AK47 and namstang and others have said, you merely pick up on certain parts of the article, your thinking is ridiculous, if you got a problem and you have sooo much pyaar and sharda for guru granth sahib jee maharaj then i suggest you go and stop where parkash of sri dasm granth sahib jee happens, with satguru jees kirpa we will do a dasm granth mahaan smagam in the near future, an open invite to you all, and try and stop it then aswell. . . . have you read dasm granth ? if not then shut it. . .

you are going by the veechars by sikh scholars, the difference is they are scholars, dsnt mean they practically live it, the other side is goin by the veechar of brahm gyanis and by brahm gianta, there is a BIG DIFFERENCE.

take your side, the line needs to be drawn.

Ghorandhar ji

Have you read

Bhetat de sang-------

Nice to see your post has been edited. If you are not going to read gurbani, atleast read the forum's rules. You might swear in your every day life, but on this forum there are children and its not something which Sikhi advocates either. However wrong you feel someones views maybe, learn to use the appropriate language.

Anyways, the issue here was parkash of the Dasam granth jee, not what some people are saying about the content of the Dasam Granth jee.

Ghorandhar

Can you tell us your agenda here?You pick up some points that are not very relevant to the thread and do propaganda in a sweet poison way.Is that your brief to be here.

You start talking about people using bad language about content of Dasam Granth - something not relevant to the topic in anyway at all. The topic here is about Parkash of Dasam Granth. No-one here is badmouthing the content of Dasam Granth - so why are you bringing it up at all?

Who is changing the topic?

Khalistan Zindabad. As far as I recall the scholar on the front talking about Dasam Granth isn't even in Sikhi Saroop (G.S Mann), (I HATE judging other people, but I'm going to use you medicine against you :) ) let alone following the complicated hukams. I don't think you guys should be judging people/scholars and their jeevan and how much they follow hukams of Mahraj, when atleast they have Sikhi saroop and do all they can to follow Maharajs hukams. Sadly I cannot say that about people "defending" Dasam Granth parkash.

So AK-47, since all bani is to be treated exactly the same; when's taksal gonna start doing parkash of Sarbloh Granth and Bhai Gurdas Ji diya Vaara :) ?

we have to remember these sgpc singhs in akal takht are following a the type of sikhi preached by the lahore tat khalsa singh sabha movement which fitted in with and was influenced by the british governement of british raj india, and Dasam Granth was one of something british got sikhs away from to remove tht bir rass which would have opposed us to the british. Many sikhs who were part of this movement removed Dasam Granth from many of the gurdwaras they took over and forced their protestant "version" of sikhi whcih doesn't fit in with Dasam Granth Sahib.