I Am A Khalsa So I Am Better Than You!

Guest Guest

The problem with having KHALSA as one's last name is that you never know what the future holds. For example, my last name could be KHALSA but later on in my family's future generations, my son, grandson or great-grandson having the same name of KHALSA could be the furthest thing from a khalsa...he could be a mona, alcoholic, womanizing, drug-running, gang-banging, anti-Khalsa. How would the panth feel reading the newspaper with headlines shouting what this KHALSA has done?

Khalsa isn't a good choice as a last name. We were given names SINGH and KAUR...Khalsa has a meaning beyond that, not for use in our names.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You guys need to go back to school.

He is saying that why do some people who add the word 'khlasa' after their name think that they are superior than a baptised Sikh who put only Singh or Kaur after their name.

I have never come across this myself. But clearly, the OP has.

Why don't we take this a bit further. Why do some baptised Sikh's think they are superior than someone who is not baptized :rolleyes:

because there only human, maya affects everyone

You guys need to go back to school.

Why don't we take this a bit further. Why do some baptised Sikh's think they are superior than someone who is not baptized :rolleyes:

back at the school;

ruling out paranoia, "probability theory"

Others that act superior have a tendency to bring out the same in us. I certainly don't have it down, but remember to try to follow your own path and not judge them the same way they judge.

For example, my last name could be KHALSA but later on in my family's future generations, my son, grandson or great-grandson having the same name of KHALSA could be the furthest thing from a khalsa...he could be a mona, alcoholic, womanizing, drug-running, gang-banging, anti-Khalsa. How would the panth feel reading the newspaper with headlines shouting what this KHALSA has done?

Hmm but the same thing can be said with Singh and Kaur

Because they have a deep rooted insecurity within themselves and are actually not that confident and "hide" behind sikhi roop and at the same time cuss others who dont......to boost their own self confidence

:)

WHY in the world are people still thinking in that way? Does being a khalsa make you better than an amritdhari sikh with no khalsa on their name? The whole reason why Guru Gobind Singh Ji named us SINGH and KAUR was to show we are the same, WHY are people, even amritdhari sikhs acting in this way?

BEcause there jatha gives a special type of amrit that sends them to sachkhand and everyone elses amrit doesn't.

Isn't that being disrespectful to our guru.
No only us jatts are disrespectful lol :LOLz: :LOLz:
Why are people going against the Guru by not keeping the names KAUR and SINGH!

I see most people using the names Singh and Kaur these days.

As to non-khalsa sikhs, it is not hukam to them to use these last names since they haven't taken amrit. This includes people in some sampradaiye such as udasis. I have also seen ravidassia still continuing their middle names. This is also similar with dalits and chamars in my pinds, who also have different middle names.

Because they have a deep rooted insecurity within themselves and are actually not that confident and "hide" behind sikhi roop and at the same time cuss others who dont......to boost their own self confidence

:)

yes like in this thread :

http://www.sikhsangat.com/index.php?showtopic=37684

:lol: