Sikh Girl's Hair Cut By Fellow Student In New York City School

>>Gurprit's school conducted an investigation and within hours advised her that a classmate (a juvenile who shall remain nameless)

It is not a white girl .. otherwise they would have named her easily.

why is it that this stuff happens so much in USA? especially in areas with large Sikh populations i know for a fact that if any Sikhs Kesh was cut here in UK, be it goray or muslay, they would get dealt with street style, not just the offenders but their boys, and even their boys boys would get it. (and this has happened many times for much less than Kes getting cut, just for racial assaults)

Its good to see the Coalition getting legal justice for the Sikhs but US Sikhs need to give out some street justice also!

sikhs have become so weak..........

their was once a time when people used to comes to sikhs for help, and now we are the ones looking for help.......

That's too harsh and I think you should speak for yourself and look at what you've done first before judging all Sikhs and calling them "weak". How can we even move forward and tackle these issues when our own aren't even giving us a fighting chance?!!

I think both of you make good points. Going through school, there was no coalition for me. I had respect only because I expected it and avoided fights and got respect by fighting every once in a while.

The Sikh Coalition has done amazing work along with the general Sikh population in America. The situation could easily be far worse. Organized or arranged violence against school aged kids is not the way to go. These incidences would continue to occur and politicians would be less inclined to assist. Kids don't simply scuff it out anymore. In many areas knives and guns are everyday realities. All out street justice would leave young kids on all sides at far higher risk than the situation calls for.

There are also those kids that don't make the news who are fighting back more directly. I also agree that we need to continue to improve such situations so that they are nipped in the bud with zero tolerance. I think sikh coalition is headed in that direction.

And perhaps good thing that i'm only only internet warrior, cause in addition to diplomacy and suing everyone in sight, I would be seeing that each and every kid that teases a Sikh pees their pants in fear.