Drugs In Punjab

Raju

It's quite sad to read about the drug problem in Punjab. 10 years ago when I was there, drugs were not a big issue, it was just starting up at the time. Looks like problem has been more or less ignored by common people, resulting in today's situation.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I don't know how many of you know this but the British used Sikhs quite extensively in the Opium Wars against China.

Personally I think this was an abuse of the Khalsa *edited*

Look up the opium wars and sikhs.

Here is an extract from a book I found:

Opium Wars (Paperback)

by W. Travis, III, Ph.D. Hanes (Author), Frank Sanello (Author)

In this tragic and powerful story, the two Opium Wars of 1839??1842 and 1856??1860 between Britain and China are recounted for the first time through the eyes of the Chinese as well as the Imperial West. Opium entered China during the Middle Ages when Arab traders brought it into China for medicinal purposes. As it took hold as a recreational drug, opium wrought havoc on Chinese society. By the early nineteenth century, 90 percent of the Emperor's court and the majority of the army were opium addicts. Britain was also a nation addicted-to tea, grown in China, and paid for with profits made from the opium trade. When China tried to ban the use of the drug and bar its Western smugglers from it gates, England decided to fight to keep open China's ports for its importation. England, the superpower of its time, managed to do so in two wars, resulting in a drug-induced devastation of the Chinese people that would last 150 years. In this page-turning, dramatic and colorful history, The Opium Wars responds to past, biased Western accounts by representing the neglected Chinese version of the story and showing how the wars stand as one of the monumental clashes between the cultures of East and West.

post-8327-1214422160_thumb.jpg

It's quite sad to read about the drug problem in Punjab. 10 years ago when I was there, drugs were not a big issue, it was just starting up at the time. Looks like problem has been more or less ignored by common people, resulting in today's situation.

When taliban was in control of Afghanistan it was not a big issue.

they used to burn and slash down fields that grew poppy.

the problem started after 2001 after invasion of Afghanistan.

Erm actually the Taliban are making it right now as Sky News shows:

http://news.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,30000-1319329,00.html

America has nothing to do with the Panjab drug Problem nor does the UK,its the Indian Establishment who are pumping drugs into the Panjab.

interesting .. you do know that taliban in its pristine Islamic form burned down all drug crops in Afghanistan.

today Sky News and Fox News get up to say that drugs are being grown by taliban.

fascinating ..

There is huge money involved in drug trade. Add to it no strict anti-drug trade laws and a corrupt establishment. You get an explosive situation. Also indian society is morally corrupt, this was the main reason for indian subjugation by invading armies. There is no way out.

>>its the Indian Establishment who are pumping drugs into the Panjab.

what is the source of this statement ?

The whole of Panjab knows and the qoum knows,they are the ones who are sending drugs into Panjab in an effort to drug up Panjab's Youth - if you want to finish off a nation you introduce drugs,intoxicants then you target the youth of that nation before long all the youth will be hooked and the nation will be on its way out

The whole of Panjab knows and the qoum knows,they are the ones who are sending drugs into Panjab in an effort to drug up Panjab's Youth - if you want to finish off a nation you introduce drugs,intoxicants then you target the youth of that nation before long all the youth will be hooked and the nation will be on its way out

whole of Punjab .. i see.

Can you point me to a source speaking for whole of punjab then ?

this source should accuse the 'Indian Establishment' of spreading drugs in Punjab.

I am asking you this because I am aware of your neutrality in all issues regarding hindus and India.

thanks

whole of Punjab .. i see.

Can you point me to a source speaking for whole of punjab then ?

this source should accuse the 'Indian Establishment' of spreading drugs in Punjab.

I am asking you this because I am aware of your neutrality in all issues regarding hindus and India.

thanks

Its a well known fact I could list a whole line of Sikh Leaders who have openly said this on stage ,I don't buy your CIA crap conspiracy theorys they have no part in destablisng Panjab so don't try shift the blame ,it's the Indian Govt its agencies like RAW and so on,they the establishment have a huge hand in this ,they can control it but they don't want to