Going To Sri Hazoor Sahib

Singhson

Hi all,

I'm visiting Takht Sri Hazoor Sahib next month for the first time (I can't wait!) and I wanted to ask whether there are any other Gurdwara's and other places to see along the way there?

We're going to go by van with other members of family and friends. The only place I have on my list at the moment is the Taj Mahal :gg:

Any advice/tips etc? :D

Thanks! :2singh2:

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all,

I'm visiting Takht Sri Hazoor Sahib next month for the first time (I can't wait!) and I wanted to ask whether there are any other Gurdwara's and other places to see along the way there?

We're going to go by van with other members of family and friends. The only place I have on my list at the moment is the Taj Mahal :gg:

Any advice/tips etc? :D

Thanks! :2singh2:

Tons of Gurdwaras all around, many important and historical. My advice, take a guided tour so you don't miss anything. And, make sure you videotape the shastar darshan at Sri Hazoor Sahib, it's amazing.

Tons of Gurdwaras all around, many important and historical. My advice, take a guided tour so you don't miss anything. And, make sure you videotape the shastar darshan at Sri Hazoor Sahib, it's amazing.

Thanks, SunSingh. Do you mean a guided tour around the Gurdwara's near Sri Hazoor Sahib? We'll definately be visiting the Gurdwara's near it but was wondering whether there are other Gurdwara's or places of interest that one can visit during the journey (any names? I'll be writing a list).

I'll definitely be recording the shastar darshan and taking some pics! How often does the shastar darshan take place?

Is there alot of sangat throughout the day?

Sorry about the questions.

Any more advice/tips etc appreciated :)

I want a few years ago and we stopped at a lovely little Gurudwara in Rajhasthan, had langar there and just chilled for a bit was a good experience..

then we went to Gurudwara Nanaksar, I cant remember where abouts it is exactly, ah I got it, its in INDORE and its a fantastic Gurudwara and the Sant baba is brillaint, very knowledgeable and just a generally pleasent fellow :)

Hazoor Sahib is amazing but I felt I wasted my visit because I didnt pay full attention, its amazing that your going I hope you have a great time.. Wjkk Wjkf

I want a few years ago and we stopped at a lovely little Gurudwara in Rajhasthan, had langar there and just chilled for a bit was a good experience..

then we went to Gurudwara Nanaksar, I cant remember where abouts it is exactly, ah I got it, its in INDORE and its a fantastic Gurudwara and the Sant baba is brillaint, very knowledgeable and just a generally pleasent fellow :)

Hazoor Sahib is amazing but I felt I wasted my visit because I didnt pay full attention, its amazing that your going I hope you have a great time.. Wjkk Wjkf

Is it this Gurdwara by any chance? I can't find Nanaksar :p

http://www.imlisahib.com/gurudwara-imli-sahib.html

Thanks. I've made a blog especially for this trip and I hope to add quite abit to it - including other Gurdwaras!

There's loads of Gurdwara's to c on the way, usually the driveers no and if u tell 'em they show u most if not al the historic ones

I know what you mean :) Usually we do what you have suggested but its always good to know what Gurdwara's you want to see beforehand rather than being disappointed later :p

Good link, thanks! :)

When you go your driver will probably know the gurdwara along the route, there are sooo many gurdwaray to see it would take like months!!

but obv you wont have that kind of time.

Going by van is going to take a long time. Wat you should do it make the way there last about 4 -5 days and stop off at the main gurdwaras over night and visit others during the day, this way will help make the journey comfortable cos its a long drive.

but ask the driver, or ask him to find out and certainly implement some stops on the way.

lots of Ithasic Gurdwaras on the way to Hazur Sahib..............................I only know this from my brothers journey, hopefully i can make this yatra the october too! Guru Kirpa Karay you will have a great time....

When you go your driver will probably know the gurdwara along the route, there are sooo many gurdwaray to see it would take like months!!

but obv you wont have that kind of time.

Going by van is going to take a long time. Wat you should do it make the way there last about 4 -5 days and stop off at the main gurdwaras over night and visit others during the day, this way will help make the journey comfortable cos its a long drive.

but ask the driver, or ask him to find out and certainly implement some stops on the way.

lots of Ithasic Gurdwaras on the way to Hazur Sahib..............................I only know this from my brothers journey, hopefully i can make this yatra the october too! Guru Kirpa Karay you will have a great time....

Thank you, I hope you have a great time too :)

Haha, yeah you're right :D . We're hoping to see mainly historic Gurdwara's. Bandichor Sahib is another Gurdwara that I can add to the list!

We went to Hemkunt Sahib in a car/4x4 and it was an amazing journey/experience (which I'll cherish forever) even though it took ages to get there. It takes ages whichever form of transport you choose, so it isn't a problem! It'll be worth it anyway :) :D

My mum was telling me that Guru Gobind Singh Ji's horse (well, passed down generations) is kept near Sri Hazur Sahib. Does anybody know the name of where it is kept?